1PW show off........time to pay up now Danny Boy!

cheetah69uk

Open offer to Mr Rodd - I do a weekly radio show based in Rotherham so cant be too far for him and he is welcome anytime to come on for an interview. I'm interviewing Steel City Wrestling on 5th September but any other Monday is free for him to voice and promote his events.

offer is there Danny and i will post this on the facebook site too.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Open offer to Mr Rodd - I do a weekly radio show based in Rotherham so cant be too far for him and he is welcome anytime to come on for an interview. I'm interviewing Steel City Wrestling on 5th September but any other Monday is free for him to voice and promote his events.

offer is there Danny and i will post this on the facebook site too.

You work at Redroad? Haha. I did a few shows there years back! are they still based in Kiveton? ...

Well with exactly two months till these shows anyone who still believes they are gonna happen must be out of their minds!! Or in other words their their cheese has definitely fallen off their cracker!!

Let's look at the facts:

The venue is still unsure if the show is even going ahead and sooner or later they are just gonna say balls to this and scrap the show.

We were given a list of possible imports that would be on the show but have heard nothing since. Nobody knows if HBK is even gonna be there let alone any of the other fly in.

With two months to go we haven't even been told one single match that is meant to be happening. Although that isnt much of a surprise given we only knew about 3 matches prior to the May shows but of course remember they have learnt from the mistakes they made then. ;)

Still people are waiting for refunds, DVDs and general information to be posted but other than a half baked line saying that unless 1PW state otherwise the show is still on there has been nothing. The ability to even post on the 1PW Facebook wall seems to have been disabled.

All of this clearly points to that the shows ain't happening people. Maybe Dann Read could help out and provide an update since he was quick vocal and quick to dismiss talk of the shows being scrapped when they first started to surface......

Well with exactly two months till these shows anyone who still believes they are gonna happen must be out of their minds!! Or in other words their their cheese has definitely fallen off their cracker!!

Let's look at the facts:

The venue is still unsure if the show is even going ahead and sooner or later they are just gonna say balls to this and scrap the show.

We were given a list of possible imports that would be on the show but have heard nothing since. Nobody knows if HBK is even gonna be there let alone any of the other fly in.

With two months to go we haven't even been told one single match that is meant to be happening. Although that isnt much of a surprise given we only knew about 3 matches prior to the May shows but of course remember they have learnt from the mistakes they made then. ;)

Still people are waiting for refunds, DVDs and general information to be posted but other than a half baked line saying that unless 1PW state otherwise the show is still on there has been nothing. The ability to even post on the 1PW Facebook wall seems to have been disabled.

All of this clearly points to that the shows ain't happening people. Maybe Dann Read could help out and provide an update since he was quick vocal and quick to dismiss talk of the shows being scrapped when they first started to surface......

That's because I was quick to speak to Shawn's people directly who informed me of everything going on. What I gave out was genuine info coming directly from Shawn's people which is what I always said it was because it was whether or not Shawn was coming over that at the time was the growing concern and not whether or not the show was going ahead. Why deal with speculation when you can deal direct with the people concerned? As there are payments that have been made for Shawn Michaels to appear (and no matter who or even if there are any additional imports none of them are important because it's the negative effect of Shawn not coming over which would be the thing to worry about - not that Shawn coming over and the others not would justify everything but everyone reading this is smart enough to know what is meant by that statement) logic would dictate that unless you enjoy making donations to the rich then based on info given to me by the people who directly control Shawn's bookings then the appearances will take place. However, anyone not buying tickets right now because of the dome situation (who I have also spoken to) are of course justified. The Dome have the venue booked and won't be booking it to anyone else who attempts to book it be it for wrestling or otherwise - unless 1PW call and cancel the booking, so as it stands there will be a bill from The Dome to 1PW following those dates for hire of the venue. So on the basis that we have a star attraction who's management claim is coming over and a venue that plans to send a bill for hire fees AFTER the dates one could come to the conclusion that it will be happening. HOWEVER, does that mean all your fears and concerns aren't justified? Does that mean that everything is A-OK and people should just go ahead and book time off work and buy their travel etc? Of course not. Not while this situation with The Dome is what it is, it's just facts concerning the situation with regards to Shawn Michaels and the venue itself.

• Paid Members
Nobody knows if HBK is even gonna be there let alone any of the other fly in.

Just to point out, that's not actually true. Shawn Michaels himself has confirmed he's gonna be there.

However, anyone not buying tickets right now because of the dome situation (who I have also spoken to) are of course justified. The Dome have the venue booked and won't be booking it to anyone else who attempts to book it be it for wrestling or otherwise - unless 1PW call and cancel the booking, so as it stands there will be a bill from The Dome to 1PW following those dates for hire of the venue. So on the basis that we have a star attraction who's management claim is coming over and a venue that plans to send a bill for hire fees AFTER the dates one could come to the conclusion that it will be happening. HOWEVER, does that mean all your fears and concerns aren't justified? Does that mean that everything is A-OK and people should just go ahead and book time off work and buy their travel etc? Of course not. Not while this situation with The Dome is what it is, it's just facts concerning the situation with regards to Shawn Michaels and the venue itself.

While i cant comment on the Shawn Michaels part, i can comment on the dome part. The dome has a booking for the venue.

The dome issued refunds on request based on information supplied to them by the promotor and has removed all specific advertising to that event on its Website. There is nothing shown as happening on those dates except a comedian.

The dome event management team does have a reservation on that date for 1PW BUT it has been trying to contact Danny Rodd (Danny was named by the Dome as the person they tried to contact) requesting a clarification that the event was still going ahead. Danny Rodd has failed to respond to this request in 2 weeks. You are right in that the Dome will not book an event on that date until it has clarification that the event is not taking place there. That is how it can be portrayed as the venue is still booked.

As a promoter of events myself I understand that the dome will have the right to bill Rodd for the hire of the room and the costs involved post the date of the event unless it has a clause written into the booking contract (i cannot comment on that as i've never held events at that venue) whereas if the booking is not confirmed within a time period the dome has the right to resell the booking and 1PW loses the deposit given that the Dome will be losing associated monies on those dates (bar takings, staff wages coverage, etc) BUT if he is intending to close down 1PW as he has indicated he will then the dome will simply become a creditor to a liquidated company with little chance of getting the bill paid so Danny Rodd has nothing to lose by not informing the Dome that the event is going ahead as he will not lose any additional monies aside from the deposit (which is already paid out) following liquidating 1PW as the liquidators will have no assets to sell off to pay creditors with. (see the money lost to creditors following the Great Muta fiasco)

Its been said time and time again and i appreciate that you are doing the right thing by coming on and giving the facts from your side about Shawn but there are 3 simple steps that would clear this confusion up

1. Danny Rodd contact Doncaster Dome and confirms the event is going ahead - Time to do that 5 minutes

2. Doncaster Dome then reinstates ticket sales and advertising on its website - Time to do that 0 minutes to Danny

3. Danny Rodd uses which ever social media outlets he wishes (facebook, 1PW site) to issue a statement outlining exactly what is happening with the dome and giving accompanying links to the dome to prove it for anyone who may not believe him - 10 minutes tops

Thats it - 15 minutes of his time would clear this whole mess up in time to generate actual sales to make the event a success.

you're a promoter, i promote different events and work regularly at events for up to 10000 people, there are plenty of other promoters on UKFF and i think we would all agree those 3 steps are what you would consider good practise. Or to put it a different way, if i was working for a promoter and couldnt get hold of them 2 months before an event to confirm the event was going ahead i would give notice that i would make myself available to other events at a months notice and charge a deposit. If i was promoting a venue and the venue couldnt give me confirmation of a date then i would do the same and seek alternative arrangements

I dont want to get into the whole issues of refunds for previous events or non payment of staff for work on dvd's im talking specifically about 1PW at the Doncaster Dome in October

So why hasnt he?

You work at Redroad? Haha. I did a few shows there years back! are they still based in Kiveton? ...

Yeah im at Redroad, the station is full time now and still based in Kiveton. Ive got Steel City Wrestling coming in on the 5th September so listen in for news about the 9-11th September weekend shows.

While i cant comment on the Shawn Michaels part, i can comment on the dome part. The dome has a booking for the venue.

The dome issued refunds on request based on information supplied to them by the promotor and has removed all specific advertising to that event on its Website. There is nothing shown as happening on those dates except a comedian.

The dome event management team does have a reservation on that date for 1PW BUT it has been trying to contact Danny Rodd (Danny was named by the Dome as the person they tried to contact) requesting a clarification that the event was still going ahead. Danny Rodd has failed to respond to this request in 2 weeks. You are right in that the Dome will not book an event on that date until it has clarification that the event is not taking place there. That is how it can be portrayed as the venue is still booked.

As a promoter of events myself I understand that the dome will have the right to bill Rodd for the hire of the room and the costs involved post the date of the event unless it has a clause written into the booking contract (i cannot comment on that as i've never held events at that venue) whereas if the booking is not confirmed within a time period the dome has the right to resell the booking and 1PW loses the deposit given that the Dome will be losing associated monies on those dates (bar takings, staff wages coverage, etc) BUT if he is intending to close down 1PW as he has indicated he will then the dome will simply become a creditor to a liquidated company with little chance of getting the bill paid so Danny Rodd has nothing to lose by not informing the Dome that the event is going ahead as he will not lose any additional monies aside from the deposit (which is already paid out) following liquidating 1PW as the liquidators will have no assets to sell off to pay creditors with. (see the money lost to creditors following the Great Muta fiasco)

Its been said time and time again and i appreciate that you are doing the right thing by coming on and giving the facts from your side about Shawn but there are 3 simple steps that would clear this confusion up

1. Danny Rodd contact Doncaster Dome and confirms the event is going ahead - Time to do that 5 minutes

2. Doncaster Dome then reinstates ticket sales and advertising on its website - Time to do that 0 minutes to Danny

3. Danny Rodd uses which ever social media outlets he wishes (facebook, 1PW site) to issue a statement outlining exactly what is happening with the dome and giving accompanying links to the dome to prove it for anyone who may not believe him - 10 minutes tops

Thats it - 15 minutes of his time would clear this whole mess up in time to generate actual sales to make the event a success.

you're a promoter, i promote different events and work regularly at events for up to 10000 people, there are plenty of other promoters on UKFF and i think we would all agree those 3 steps are what you would consider good practise. Or to put it a different way, if i was working for a promoter and couldnt get hold of them 2 months before an event to confirm the event was going ahead i would give notice that i would make myself available to other events at a months notice and charge a deposit. If i was promoting a venue and the venue couldnt give me confirmation of a date then i would do the same and seek alternative arrangements

I dont want to get into the whole issues of refunds for previous events or non payment of staff for work on dvd's im talking specifically about 1PW at the Doncaster Dome in October

So why hasnt he?

Because he is a f'n douchebag that rather plays hide and seek that's why. You bring out great points and he choses not to do damage control which shows you how professional he is. He doesn't give a shit about his customers, the talent or the people he worked with.

Lets all just go see Bullseye at The Dome at the end of the month of October and have a massive pissup instead. At least you know Jim Bowen is guaranteed to be there and be quality.

Lets all just go see Bullseye at The Dome at the end of the month of October and have a massive pissup instead. At least you know Jim Bowen is guaranteed to be there and be quality.

you won't be happy, it's not Jim Bowen it's some comedian I've never heard of!

you won't be happy, it's not Jim Bowen it's some comedian I've never heard of!

Well that fucks up that idea then.

Archived