Battlestar Galactica

Cobra1000

There was an Oz thread a while back and rightly so, but where is the love for Battlestar? Share the love, cause I'm falling hard, falling in love with this TV Show (the remake/reimagining). Halfway into season 2 at the moment and I'm gutted I've never watched it before. Its incredible, I make loud noises and gasps when things happen. Adama is amazing, The President courageous and charasmatic, the toasters awesome looking, if the effects are a little bit dodgy. Then you have the mental Gaius Balter. Starbuck should be a shit stereotype but she isn't, people have tried to do the badass chick before but here it works incredibly well, and then the scheming Tom Zarek making more and more appearances is great, Richard Hatch is class. Then of course there is a rag tag bunch of other crew members holding it all together.

Sure the original series may get some love too, but this is an incredible TV show! Spoiler tag anything that is spoiler worthy, obviously!

Season two got a little bit too "political" for me, there were so many episodes where nothing really happened. Mind you, it was worth sitting through season two to get to seasons three and four which were excellent. You've got so much awesome stuff waiting for you, I'm kinda envious. I don't think many people would disagree that the ending of season four was pretty crappy though.

• Paid Members

There is literally only one bad episode of Battlestar Galactica. I'm sure everyone is thinking of the same one as me when I say it so I'll just leave you to work out which one.

BSG is probably the only non-HBO show that I'd consider putting in my top three TV series of all time (Rome, The Wire and potentially Game of Thrones if it continues its form would be the other three). The characters are fantastic and, even during the more ludicrous or unstructured story moments, it manages to remain entertaining by having such a well done setting and high-paced action. I honestly believe that it's a show that has something for everyone. The MVP is almost certainly Gaius Baltar, particularly in the earlier seasons, but there are still plenty of other good characters such as Admiral Adama, Colonel Tighe and Number Six. The storyline is so interesting, even when it gets a bit preachy and even when it becomes slightly unstructured (probably due to the fact that the show was written almost on the fly, which makes it even more impressive when you look at it as a whole).

I'm still sad this show ended. I'll say no more about the end, to avoid spoilers for the topic starter.

It joins Stargate Universe, Arrested Development and Deadwood as shows that I could have watched for years and years more.

Cheers guys! Thought this thread would get more hits but ah well. I've just got to watch "Lay Down Your Burdens 1 and 2" and I'll be done with Season 2, can't wait!

Yeah I'm already sad that i'm halfway through!

Quick question (obviously I'm going to watch them) but are Razor and The Plan essential viewing like the Mini Series was? or are they just filler etc?

Cheers guys! Thought this thread would get more hits but ah well. I've just got to watch "Lay Down Your Burdens 1 and 2" and I'll be done with Season 2, can't wait!

Quick question (obviously I'm going to watch them) but are Razor and The Plan essential viewing like the Mini Series was? or are they just filler etc?

Razor is essential in some respects as it helps explains some stuff thats hinted at during the series and you get a sense of what the latest series from the guys Blood and Chrome would be potentially like if its going ahead

The Plan is pretty much filler and an utter sack of shit

Ive been meaning to sit down and rewatch BSG but havent got round to it yet after rewatching the miniseries a while ago.

Lolo Rampkin is where its at :p

Adama being shot at the end of season one is one of my all-time favourite TV moments. I rewatched BSG from beginning to end a few months ago and still shit bricks when it happens.

• Paid Members

Neither are absolutely necessary but seeing as you get Razor in the boxset anyway, may as well give it a watch.

I always had trouble with this series, until it came on Atlantic and I got an episode a night, then it just became essential viewing and I ended up getting my house mate's box set up and watching the last series back to back.

The story does falter sometimes but overall it's a great story, the end for me was also fairly satisfying, I 'guessed' a few things that came true, you have a lot to look forward too it's a great show.

• Paid Members
Ah cool cheers guys, finished Season 2 now, cracking double episode.

Starbuck looks hot as frack with long hair :love:

on to Season 3!

Season 3 of BSG is one of my favorite seasons of any TV show I've seen. The ending is magnificent.

Archived