Snooker

SK8_WAR

Been to see the Preston Grandprix a few times when it was held there. There were two main tables and it was easy to see both, even though there was a divider for it.

It can drag a bit and its very quiet, and hushed, but you can get quite close to the players and I would definitely go along

Once your in for the session you may find you are stuck there for longer than you thought and may not see as much action as you want either depending on what stage the games are at

I usually go to the Crucible every year, but didn't this time cos I had my dissertation to do while it was on.

You get a really good view (at least there), and you can easily see the other table when the divider comes up. Atmosphere is a bit weird, stating the obvious but you really have to be quiet. But the World Champs is different to most tournaments, as you have a set seat and are stuck with whatever match happens to be on. With most other tournaments-and I presume your one in Australia, providing it's a proper World Snooker event-you buy a ticket for a session, and there are about four or five tables to pick from in the early rounds. Your ticket should cover all of them so you can move about between tables (between frames, natch) to go and watch a different match if you want. Obviously in the latter stages you'll only have two, or one table to watch, but realistically it won't be a massive venue and there won't be loads there so you should be fine.

Don't worry about the view, when I first went it surprised me how well you can see, even from the back. But as pat said, it can drag, and I usually end up nodding off at some point.

Archived