Recommend me a good indie radio show

Dearly Devoted Dexter

• Paid Members

So I can still get my fill of beats from Gilles Peterson and Rob da Bank on 1FM...but it will be a cold day in hell before I listen to that ponce Zane Lowe. So is there a show out there that's similar to the old Evening Session that anyone can recommend?

6 Music is pretty good all day for indie music. As mentioned by the previous poster Steve Lamaq does the afternoon show, but he is sandwiched inbetween Radcliffe and Maconie between 1pm and 4pm and Marc Riley is on between 7pm and 9pm who focuses on up and coming bands with a live session pretty much every night. the breakfast show is presented by Shaun Keavney which is a good blend of comedy and music, and Lauren Laverne's show is not bad at mid morning.

Other alternatives are XFM which is predominantly indie but have a tendancy to play crap pop-indie like Scouting for Girls. Absolute Radio is very similar to XFM but they cater to an older audience. Kerrang Radio plays its fair share of indie music but obviously plays a lot harder stuff as well.

Also check out student radio stations, there are plenty out there which focus on Indie music.

Archived