First UFC event in New York

As others have said, the OPs card would be overkill and would lead to loads of poor drawing PPVs in the following months (due to lack of stars). Here is the top 5 fights I would go with.

Main Event - Brock Lesnar v Frank Mir

Chael Sonnen v Michael Bisping

Jim Miller v Anthony Pettis

Phil Davis v Matt Hamill

Chan Sung Yung v Leonard Garcia

The reasoning - Lesnar v Mir is a huge fight and would ensure a sellout (especially since WWE is huge in NY). It would also make sure that the show draws at least a million buys. Chael Sonnen and Michael Bisping is a great second from the top match, but you could argue that is should be a main event on a B show I suppose. Jim Miller v Pettis should be an entertaining fight between two guys that are near the top of their division. I am using the next fight to get over someone who has a big future with a fights he should win, that being Phil Davis. I know Davis is main eventing against Rashad in the near future, but I really don't think he is ready for that level of fight. Hamill only has wrestling and Davis is far superior to him there. I would expect Davis to beat him easily - probably by submission.

The last fight would be the hot fight to open the PPV - Chan Sung Yung v Leonard Garcia 3. The first fight was amazing and the second was very good - this would be the rubber fight to decide who wins the series.

I had no idea MSG closed throughout the year, but the timing isn't all that relevant, more to do with what sort of show will occur once those hurdles are jumped.

It doesnt but they are doing renovations. The issue this raises for UFC is that if MMA doesnt get through for a vote and pass (and it wont) in the next week, they are now behind every regular tenant at MSG on the schedule. They get their pass in January and they may be on quite a waiting list for a prime Saturday night slot. Timing is relevant if you pass and its big news and you cant get in the building for a year plus.

I had no idea MSG closed throughout the year, but the timing isn't all that relevant, more to do with what sort of show will occur once those hurdles are jumped.

It doesnt but they are doing renovations. The issue this raises for UFC is that if MMA doesnt get through for a vote and pass (and it wont) in the next week, they are now behind every regular tenant at MSG on the schedule. They get their pass in January and they may be on quite a waiting list for a prime Saturday night slot. Timing is relevant if you pass and its big news and you cant get in the building for a year plus.

The president of MSG Scott O'Neil is a massive UFC fan and has said on numerous occasions he's doing everything he can to get the UFC to the Garden, hes even been working with UFC in the past couple of months RE: going up against the Senate.

With that in mind, I think he'd tell the Jonas Brothers or Miley Cyrus to get lost in favour of having UFC there (not to mention the more money they will bring into MSG & NY in general).

The president of MSG Scott O'Neil is a massive UFC fan and has said on numerous occasions he's doing everything he can to get the UFC to the Garden, hes even been working with UFC in the past couple of months RE: going up against the Senate.

With that in mind, I think he'd tell the Jonas Brothers or Miley Cyrus to get lost in favour of having UFC there (not to mention the more money they will bring into MSG & NY in general).

Concerts arent the issue (but if theyre booked, theyre booked) but the many permanent residents, hes not telling the NCAA, NHL, NBA, The Circus, or the NIT to fuck off once theyve set their schedules in stone, and with 5 months out of the potential booking dates, well time is not UFCs friend here.Also NYC is not Toronto the money brought in over another event will be minimal and will be minor hype amongst the city dwellers (UFC is already in the market). The real shame to me is that stupid NY State didnt get this done before the renovation cause UFC at the "old" MSG wouldve been awesome.

I can't believe people are talking about a show in NYC and not planning to stack I with NY/NJ boys. I'd try and put together Baroni Vs. Serra. Local colour~!

• Paid Members
I can't believe people are talking about a show in NYC and not planning to stack I with NY/NJ boys. I'd try and put together Baroni Vs. Serra. Local colour~!

The one thing I agree with from the OP is the main event. The companies hottest feud featuring two New Yorkers equals buys.

Concerts arent the issue (but if theyre booked, theyre booked) but the many permanent residents, hes not telling the NCAA, NHL, NBA, The Circus, or the NIT to fuck off once theyve set their schedules in stone, and with 5 months out of the potential booking dates, well time is not UFCs friend here.Also NYC is not Toronto the money brought in over another event will be minimal and will be minor hype amongst the city dwellers (UFC is already in the market). The real shame to me is that stupid NY State didnt get this done before the renovation cause UFC at the "old" MSG wouldve been awesome.

Well that just isn't true at all. Financial experts have predicted that close to

Well that just isn't true at all. Financial experts have predicted that close to

Archived