Going back to College at age 30?

RancidPunx

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Figured I'd hop on this thread since I'm in a similar situation. I'm seriously stuck in a rut, I hate my job, not so much what I do, but where I do it and what I earn. I've been looking for something else but even to carry on doing the same sort of work I could do with a course to bring me up to speed on stuff like Excel. Thing is I'm not sure if I want to carry on doing admin stuff. The money just isn't there.

So this mean looking at other options, I'm looking at courses and as of now I have no idea, but I'm wondering what my options are if I found a course that required me to go back to collage full time. I'm 31, so I'm assuming I'd have to pay a chunk of cash for the course and wouldn't be entitled to much (if anything) in benefits whilst at college? Anyone know how this works?

EDIT: I keep getting drawn towards Graphic Design, which is something people have told me to look at before. I'm having a lot of trouble finding relevant courses though. I've stumbled across a Uni course (seems to be full time) but I don't know what I'd need to do before I could do that. AAAAHHHHHhhhhh it's all so complicated :(

Archived