Chinatown: Mafia Scum Thread

Carbomb

I'll be honest here, i'm confused...

The vote reset means something, i just don't know what... does it solidify the case on Ron or does it make one against the pushers of his case? Gah, my mind is absolutely boggling now.

My issue here is that if the Scum have the ability to affect the votes (and i believe it to be that or predetermined) i just dont see a towns person doing this, then i don't know why they can't have more powers in the day and the town have more powers at night... in that respect it makes sense, but then i have to think 'well, if bristep is scum, why on earth would he have reset the vote count when ron is so close to lynch?' he's already got the case there but perhaps a little pressure on things has meant he needs something else to add to it, this could be the perfect oppertunity.

I've only got a couple of hours to work out where i want my vote to sit permanently for this day and Ron or Bristep are likely to take the brunt of it.

This is my issue, and I'm going to go off-PG for this one so I apologise in advance. Any town player who honestly thinks that I'm scum, had the town vigilante at L-1 and then decided to reset the vote count is A FUCKING IDIOT. Tell me, no "maybe there's some magical reason we're not aware of", tell me a factual reason why I as scum would reset a votecount on a town vigilante at L-1, give me a solid reason that incriminates me and I'll put my head in the noose myself.

There is no way that the scum team would have let a claimed town vig off the hook at L-1 if they knew he was town. None. So, this was either a town power, or Ron is scum.

What you say makes sense... As i say, i can't quite figure it out myself either. I can't see it being town play, i can't see it being scum play if Ron is a vig but similarly if ron is scum, i don't see how it would have been likely to save him, there's basically enough online to push the lynch.

What concerned me about you was the quick dismissal of the day / night role reversal - it's possible and whilst you didn't see it was 100% likely to be wrong you didn't give it much thought, then a vote reset comes along which we can only truly assume is scum and it makes it slightly more likely in my mind.

That being said, why you would have used the vote reset if you were scum then comes under scrutiny more - you'd be helping to prove something you're talking against... perhaps that is the idea of the scum here...

I've decided, my panic reaction (and yes, i'll admit that's exactly what it was, i could claim it was to get bristeps reaction and to an extent it was but not fully and i was hoping to see from Kenny, his quick switch to you Bristep when a wagon on your started picking up helps to ease my thoughts of a kenny / Bristep allegience)

Anyway, what you say makes sense, we have a claim from Ron and whilst far from validated at this point, if we let him live and he's not scum he's toast anyway and we risk any protection we have sitting on him.

If he flips town vig we have a lot to talk about

If he flips scum, i expect you'll personally be chewing me up and spitting me out on the noose.

Vote: Ron Simmons

I'm sorry ron, the vote count reset doesn't make sense. Rest assured if you're town vig as you claim, i'll use this 'non sensical vote reset' to find your assassin :)

And no i didn't actually Bristep - that's pretty sweet! I'll be looking forward to it, although unless they get someone as good as the original L to play him, i'll b very upset.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll be honest here, i'm confused...

The vote reset means something, i just don't know what... does it solidify the case on Ron or does it make one against the pushers of his case? Gah, my mind is absolutely boggling now.

My issue here is that if the Scum have the ability to affect the votes (and i believe it to be that or predetermined) i just dont see a towns person doing this, then i don't know why they can't have more powers in the day and the town have more powers at night... in that respect it makes sense, but then i have to think 'well, if bristep is scum, why on earth would he have reset the vote count when ron is so close to lynch?' he's already got the case there but perhaps a little pressure on things has meant he needs something else to add to it, this could be the perfect oppertunity.

I've only got a couple of hours to work out where i want my vote to sit permanently for this day and Ron or Bristep are likely to take the brunt of it.

This is my issue, and I'm going to go off-PG for this one so I apologise in advance. Any town player who honestly thinks that I'm scum, had the town vigilante at L-1 and then decided to reset the vote count is A FUCKING IDIOT. Tell me, no "maybe there's some magical reason we're not aware of", tell me a factual reason why I as scum would reset a votecount on a town vigilante at L-1, give me a solid reason that incriminates me and I'll put my head in the noose myself.

There is no way that the scum team would have let a claimed town vig off the hook at L-1 if they knew he was town. None. So, this was either a town power, or Ron is scum.

It's a good way to frame me, whilst also making you look a little less scummy if you're scum as I suspect. You've come on really strong with your push at me, you're being seriously aggressive even here. You may have figured that it'd make me look scummy, the vote'll pile back on me anyway, and you'll be able to push through a lynch that seems justifiable.

Alternatively, the scum might see it as a good delay tactic. No lynch tonight, day kill tomorrow, town kill that evening as everyone would perhaps (in their eyes) vote for me anyway. Puts the scum in the driving seat, and also prevents information for the town after the crucial first day. We'd be starting the second day with little to no information to work with.

HOLY FUCKING DERP.

I'VE GOT YOU AT L-1

YOU'RE GOING TO DIE TONIGHT

BUT HOLD ON, I NEED TO FRAME YOU A BIT MORE

DERP DERP DERP BOY I MUST BE THE DUMBEST FUCKING SCUM ON THE PLANET

You look at any scum team on the planet with a town vig at L-1, I would put money that none of them would risk losing that on a reset vote count gambit.

This was either a frame up on you AND me, or me on my own. There is no way that this was done to frame you on your own.

• Paid Members
It's a good way to frame me

Ron, you were lynched, it was a great way to frame Bristep IMHO

So does that mean you know that Bristep's town? Or you know his general allignment? Have you just made a scum slip?

FOS TEEDY KAY

Ron, I'm taking this the way you yourself have put it across, scum have the ability to do what's happened, you believe that.

The person that has been most adversely affected by this reset is Bristep, fact.

You were neigh on lynched, you have been saved here, Bristep has been rigged up by this reset.

Personally I believe Bristep to be Town yes, mainly because after this reset and even before, I believe(d) you to be scum, and he was after you. Surely that makes sense, even if you don't want it to?

So does that mean you know that Bristep's town? Or you know his general allignment? Have you just made a scum slip?

FOS TEEDY KAY

Are we at that level now Ron? "OH YOU SAID HE WAS TOWN, THAT MEANS YOU MUST KNOW HE'S TOWN, THAT MEANS YOU MUST BE SCUM!"

• Paid Members
Right. You've made me doubt myself. I think Teedy's just slipped with his comment I just quoted. So:

VOTE TEEDY KAY

If you are reading that as a slip, you obviously do not have the ability to read, slow down and realise EXACTLY what I'm saying here!

• Paid Members

FOS TEEDY KAY

Are we at that level now Ron? "OH YOU SAID HE WAS TOWN, THAT MEANS YOU MUST KNOW HE'S TOWN, THAT MEANS YOU MUST BE SCUM!"

You're essentially dismissing any slip someone might have made. You're aggressively tunnelling right now, totally dismissing anything I might be saying. I can't win.

• Paid Members

bristep123 (2) - Ron Simmons, Kenny McBride

Ron Simmons (4) - Teedy Kay, bristep123, Dan Williams, Chris Stone

Not Voting:

Dazz, seph, SMS, Chris B, Snake Plissken, unfitfinlay

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch, Day 1 deadline is Saturday 3:45am

• Paid Members
Unvote

Vote: Ron Simmons

done.

What ever way this goes, we have plenty of information in D2 now i believe.

YOU'LL LOSE A VIGILANTE. Don't be influenced by Bristep's aggression, it's ridiculous and damaging to the town!!

FOS TEEDY KAY

You're essentially dismissing any slip someone might have made. You're aggressively tunnelling right now, totally dismissing anything I might be saying. I can't win.

Eh no. Again, stop typing before the brain has a chance to process things. If Teedy was scum, he would know I'm town yes. He'd also know that the reset was to try and stitch me up. That would make it unlikely he'd make such a blatant comment.

Also BTW Ron, I think you're scum and I want you lynched. That !=aggressive tunnelling.

Most people have moved past accusing people anytime they say "He's town" as opposed to clarifying "I think he's town". I'd love you to come join us, unless you're just clawing at anything you can to get purchase on the way down.

Archived