Chinatown: Mafia Scum Thread

Carbomb

• Paid Members
May also suggest people no longer publicly V/LA, but do so through PM, only if a load go near deadline, this may happen again and result in a no lynch

I disagree. As a town we need to know when people are here and when they aren't - now we know there's a vote reset ability we need to know more than ever when people are going to be here to be able to push a lynch.

Yes but if this is a scum power, they can force a no lynch when a scum member has his head through a noose

Surely you agree there?

I feel you definitely should!

If we know that person X, and person Y is absent deadline day we'll be able to set an earlier deadline to push through a vote among ourselves. Then if the scum (assuming the reset was a scum move) reset us, we can still push through a lynch without the scum being able to affect our lynch choice.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WTF happened there, I was typing up my post when the votes reset, but I haven't ever seen that before, I'm still not completely convinced that any of the other suspicions are stronger than the one I had on Ron and this push on bristep all of a sudden after the reset looks really scummy so I'm going to stick with what I was going for before hand, Vote Ron Simmons

Chris - you believe the claim then? So are you OK with losing a town vig? Also, didn't you just knock Ron for claiming you were tunnelling on him? I think one of you is scum but Bristep is viable for me too. If others want you o live, I'll switch. But I've suspected you for longer. Is it tunnelling to make a case on someone who loks scummy?

Sorry for shit spelling. Phone sucks.

I would prefer a vig dead giving us town information than a no-lynch: yes. That's not to say i'm happy about it and that's why i've looked into the idea of the night /' day almost reversal in power.

Bristep - Kenny is becoming a little more scummy as time goes on in my eyes, the fact he voted me and only fos'd you when you've pushed as hard or harder for the wagon on Ron seemed suspect to me. It's not simply an OMGUS argument either, I've seen Kenny as scum, i know that he'll put blame onto two people, often one town and one scum friend and vote for one, the other slips into the night with no follow up if things flip wrong...

His play is helping to paint a picture on you in my mind.

• Paid Members

I believe that given the reset AND the day kill my theory makes a lot of sense (scum have day actions, town have night actions) so I would hope that'd add a bit of weight to my claim. I suggest that you re-read the topid before placing your vote - I can prove my claim by targetting someone tonight if you like (it'd all depend on how Bristep/the lynch victim flips I guess). If I get killed tomorrow by the scum then that's a pain, but I could potentially be of use to the town before that happens.

• Paid Members

EBWOP - that post was aimed at Dan. But if you think I should target someone tonight, make it clear and if I live I will. I figure I'll die tomorrow if I'm right about the scum daykill anyway, so I might as well use my action at least once.

I'll be honest here, i'm confused...

The vote reset means something, i just don't know what... does it solidify the case on Ron or does it make one against the pushers of his case? Gah, my mind is absolutely boggling now.

My issue here is that if the Scum have the ability to affect the votes (and i believe it to be that or predetermined) i just dont see a towns person doing this, then i don't know why they can't have more powers in the day and the town have more powers at night... in that respect it makes sense, but then i have to think 'well, if bristep is scum, why on earth would he have reset the vote count when ron is so close to lynch?' he's already got the case there but perhaps a little pressure on things has meant he needs something else to add to it, this could be the perfect oppertunity.

I've only got a couple of hours to work out where i want my vote to sit permanently for this day and Ron or Bristep are likely to take the brunt of it.

This is my issue, and I'm going to go off-PG for this one so I apologise in advance. Any town player who honestly thinks that I'm scum, had the town vigilante at L-1 and then decided to reset the vote count is A FUCKING IDIOT. Tell me, no "maybe there's some magical reason we're not aware of", tell me a factual reason why I as scum would reset a votecount on a town vigilante at L-1, give me a solid reason that incriminates me and I'll put my head in the noose myself.

There is no way that the scum team would have let a claimed town vig off the hook at L-1 if they knew he was town. None. So, this was either a town power, or Ron is scum.

Chris, can I just say one thing that confuses me!

Your bloody sig and avatar change ... DON'T DO IT AGAIN!

Sorry about that, it'll be this for quite some time to come, i've been on a deathnote love spree :)

I believe that given the reset AND the day kill my theory makes a lot of sense (scum have day actions, town have night actions) so I would hope that'd add a bit of weight to my claim. I suggest that you re-read the topid before placing your vote - I can prove my claim by targetting someone tonight if you like (it'd all depend on how Bristep/the lynch victim flips I guess). If I get killed tomorrow by the scum then that's a pain, but I could potentially be of use to the town before that happens.

Don't call it your theory, I first suggested the idea of scum day kills and infact the reason i think that helps to clear you and the reason i believe your claim to be a vig is because you didn't suspect that when you made your claim - thus what you were claiming was inherently unbalanced setup...

• Paid Members
scum have day actions, town have night actions

Which makes you scum!

Surely!

Because the person who has been relatively saved by all this is you!

So to clarify your theory, the scum have reset the votes, the person that has assisted is is you Ron, the Town Vig. I'm sorry, but that makes about as much sense as shitting in your own hands before clapping.

• Paid Members
I'll be honest here, i'm confused...

The vote reset means something, i just don't know what... does it solidify the case on Ron or does it make one against the pushers of his case? Gah, my mind is absolutely boggling now.

My issue here is that if the Scum have the ability to affect the votes (and i believe it to be that or predetermined) i just dont see a towns person doing this, then i don't know why they can't have more powers in the day and the town have more powers at night... in that respect it makes sense, but then i have to think 'well, if bristep is scum, why on earth would he have reset the vote count when ron is so close to lynch?' he's already got the case there but perhaps a little pressure on things has meant he needs something else to add to it, this could be the perfect oppertunity.

I've only got a couple of hours to work out where i want my vote to sit permanently for this day and Ron or Bristep are likely to take the brunt of it.

This is my issue, and I'm going to go off-PG for this one so I apologise in advance. Any town player who honestly thinks that I'm scum, had the town vigilante at L-1 and then decided to reset the vote count is A FUCKING IDIOT. Tell me, no "maybe there's some magical reason we're not aware of", tell me a factual reason why I as scum would reset a votecount on a town vigilante at L-1, give me a solid reason that incriminates me and I'll put my head in the noose myself.

There is no way that the scum team would have let a claimed town vig off the hook at L-1 if they knew he was town. None. So, this was either a town power, or Ron is scum.

It's a good way to frame me, whilst also making you look a little less scummy if you're scum as I suspect. You've come on really strong with your push at me, you're being seriously aggressive even here. You may have figured that it'd make me look scummy, the vote'll pile back on me anyway, and you'll be able to push through a lynch that seems justifiable.

Alternatively, the scum might see it as a good delay tactic. No lynch tonight, day kill tomorrow, town kill that evening as everyone would perhaps (in their eyes) vote for me anyway. Puts the scum in the driving seat, and also prevents information for the town after the crucial first day. We'd be starting the second day with little to no information to work with.

Archived