2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought this would be the best place to post this:

Our friendly at Hibs has just finished but there were reports of alot of trouble outside the ground and that around 100 Hibs fans were targeting anyone in a Sunderland shirt.

Been reports that two Sunderland fans have been stabbed and quite alot of people have witnessed Women and Children being hit by Hibs fans. All happened on Leath Walk apparently.

Is this usual from Hibs? Absolutely disgusting and scummy if true.

If true, that's a bit out of character. You don't really get stabbings and so forth at Scottish football games.

Supposedly Hibs were angry after Barnsley fans gave them a kicking last week and wanted revenge, plus there was some bother when we last played them about 7 years ago.

Police were said to be clubbing both sets of fans aswell, alot of innocent people on both sides getting attacked by police.

Supposedly Hibs were angry after Barnsley fans gave them a kicking last week and wanted revenge, plus there was some bother when we last played them about 7 years ago.

Police were said to be clubbing both sets of fans aswell, alot of innocent people on both sides getting attacked by police.

Is this Hibs casuals we're talking about here? I thought they died off in the early 90's along with the rest of the casual firms in Scotland?

Is this Hibs casuals we're talking about here? I thought they died off in the early 90's along with the rest of the casual firms in Scotland?

No idea mate, I have no clue about the firms in Scotland.

From what I've read it got pretty bad up there and the police did nothing but worsen problems, as a result alot of Sunderland fans are stuck in Scotland till tomorrow because police messing them about with the trains.

Alot of people reported the two stabbings but there hasn't been any confirmation of it officially yet, hopefully its not the case.

After last years ordeal coming back from Hearts, with Newcastle fans waiting for the returning Sunderland fans at Newcastle Central Station - and now this happening, I can only hope we don't have our last friendly in Scotland next year.

• Paid Members
Thought this would be the best place to post this:

Our friendly at Hibs has just finished but there were reports of alot of trouble outside the ground and that around 100 Hibs fans were targeting anyone in a Sunderland shirt.

Been reports that two Sunderland fans have been stabbed and quite alot of people have witnessed Women and Children being hit by Hibs fans. All happened on Leath Walk apparently.

Is this usual from Hibs? Absolutely disgusting and scummy if true.

Reports from where?

There's nothing about this on ANY news site so I'd be pretty surprised if this was true. You just don't get that with Hibs fans. Since the Edinburgh Fringe has just started I'd imagine it'd be pretty big news if it had indeed happened. Heck, even if it wasn't Fringe time it's so rare in Scottish football it'd be in the press.

Reports from where?

There's nothing about this on ANY news site so I'd be pretty surprised if this was true. You just don't get that with Hibs fans. Since the Edinburgh Fringe has just started I'd imagine it'd be pretty big news if it had indeed happened. Heck, even if it wasn't Fringe time it's so rare in Scottish football it'd be in the press.

Sunderland forums and even the Hibs fans themselves, can't see why you wouldn't believe it just due to it not being on news sites - hardly the type of thing people would lie about, theres been ALOT (and I mean Alot) of Sunderland fans at the match saying about it.

There was some trouble on the way to the match, including women and kids getting caught up in it. But after the match was said to be much worse, my mate text me saying there was "hell on".

Rare? Don't get that with Hibs fans? There were similar scenes when they played Barnsley a few weeks ago by all accounts.

• Paid Members
Sunderland forums and even the Hibs fans themselves, can't see why you wouldn't believe it just due to it not being on news sites - hardly the type of thing people would lie about, theres been ALOT (and I mean Alot) of Sunderland fans at the match saying about it.

There was some trouble on the way to the match, including women and kids getting caught up in it. But after the match was said to be much worse, my mate text me saying there was "hell on".

Rare? Don't get that with Hibs fans? There were similar scenes when they played Barnsley a few weeks ago by all accounts.

Reading through that thread it seems a lot more minor than you're making out - the 'stabbings' seem to be complete nonsense.

Reading through that thread it seems a lot more minor than you're making out - the 'stabbings' seem to be complete nonsense.

I was just going by what was said at the time, potential stabbings aren't exactly minor.

Our fans who were there say the was quite abit alot of trouble, I'd take their word considering they were there and me & you weren't.

Can't see why your doubting this all.

Hardly the policing used for minor trouble:

2vab2pd.jpg

• Paid Members
I was just going by what was said at the time, potential stabbings aren't exactly minor.

Our fans who were there say the was quite abit alot of trouble, I'd take their word considering they were there and me & you weren't.

Can't see why your doubting this all.

Hardly the policing used for minor trouble:

2vab2pd.jpg

But if you actually read your links the 'potential stabbings' appear to be fabricated - yes, there was trouble - which is bad, of course - but stabbings? If that had happened it'd have at least made the Scottish press, but it hasn't. The clubs would also have issued a statement. Stabbings in Scottish football are pretty much unheard of these days.

Archived