Annan Athletic v Peterhead

Forfar Athletic v Morton

Dumbarton v Berwick Rangers

Ayr United v Raith Rovers

A few decent games in there.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The draw for the second round of the Ramsdens Cup. Fuck. Right. Off. Not at who we drew. That's reasonable enough. Away again though? We ALWAYS seem to be away in the diddy cups!

You didn't go anyway? I jest. Almost glad Stranraer did not go through, would cost more than they would earn to go.

• Paid Members
Surely they wont pay the going rate? Cardiff is his destination I feel.

Will they even need him/have the budget for him if Kenny Miller's on board?

I reckon he'll stay at Dundee Utd this season. Another Derek Riordan I'm afraid. Bags of talent, but off the pitch he just can't stop getting himself into trouble. As good as he is, I'd certainly think twice about signing him if I were a boss.

Will they even need him/have the budget for him if Kenny Miller's on board?

I reckon he'll stay at Dundee Utd this season. Another Derek Riordan I'm afraid. Bags of talent, but off the pitch he just can't stop getting himself into trouble. As good as he is, I'd certainly think twice about signing him if I were a boss.

Got to disagree man, he and Jamie Murphy are the future of Scottish football. Goodwillie will screw the nut in my opinion.

• Paid Members
Got to disagree man, he and Jamie Murphy are the future of Scottish football. Goodwillie will screw the nut in my opinion.

Brawl

Another brawl

Assault

And that's not even the half of it. That's just from a very quick Google search. He just doesn't seem to be able to control himself, and signing a player like that's risky for any team. He's so good I really do hope you're right, but I very much can imagine him ending up at a decent-ish club, being disruptive, being resigned by Dundee Utd or another Scottish club and then maybe doing Riordan and making a wage-boosting move somewhere rich but ultimately not anything that's going to progress his career.

I tell you what, I wouldn't trade Murphy for Goodwillie.

And why would you? Why would you trade Murphy for the two time young player of the year who plays as the main striker for the team that has finished comfortably above Motherwell for the past two seasons and scored more league goals last season than Murphy has scored in his entire career (despite being born in the same year). Oh, and he also set up the most goals of any player in the SPL last season.

Goodwillie is currently a better player than Murphy in my opinion, and the statistics back that up.

Yes, Goodie has had his off the field problems, but they haven't affected him on the field, which is the crucial thing.

Despite that, I hope to see him go in the next day or two, for a nice big fee - one that Rangers can't afford.

And why would you? Why would you trade Murphy for the two time young player of the year who plays as the main striker for the team that has finished comfortably above Motherwell for the past two seasons and scored more league goals last season than Murphy has scored in his entire career (despite being born in the same year). Oh, and he also set up the most goals of any player in the SPL last season.

Goodwillie is currently a better player than Murphy in my opinion, and the statistics back that up.

Nope, I still wouldn't trade him.

• Paid Members

Yes, Goodie has had his off the field problems, but they haven't affected him on the field, which is the crucial thing.

Despite that, I hope to see him go in the next day or two, for a nice big fee - one that Rangers can't afford.

Goodwillie's a better player, but he's trouble. Although I'm sure there's a shed-load of Motherwell bias running through David's veins I'd pretty much agree with him on this one. I'd take Murphy over Goodwillie simply because I don't think he's worth the risk. It might not affect his performance on the pitch, but a disruptive influence can effect the team in other ways.

Murphy has a great upside, seems to have his head screwed on and if he makes the right transfer move in the next two years or so he's got a great chance to develop and establish himself in the Scotland side.

As for Rangers, I actually won money on them losing. I desperately want them to go through as a Scottish football fan, out co-efficient depends on them. But I unfortunately see this being another Kaunas, except unlike Smith McCoist will go on to lose his job rather than leaving off his own accord.

Currently saving all these "Super Ally must stay" sarcastic comments and such for the end of the season. We're by no means a fantastic football team but I don't understand and don't believe that a team that won the league last season can become "bad" over a change of manager.

We'll see, I wouldn't say I'm brimming with confidence but I'm certainly not hitting the panic buttons yet.

• Paid Members
Currently saving all these "Super Ally must stay" sarcastic comments and such for the end of the season. We're by no means a fantastic football team but I don't understand and don't believe that a team that won the league last season can become "bad" over a change of manager.

The players won't become bad, but in terms of the general set-up it clearly happens. Just as some managers come in and suddenly transform a team, others can take over and do the opposite. I genuinely do hope Ally does well, but I don't expect him to last long.

Archived