London 2012 Olympic Tickets

Van Dammer

Just applying for my Olympic tickets now and thought id remind everyone who was going to do it that it closes tonight. I'm also wondering what the next stage of the process is? Do we get told which tickets we have/haven't been successful in getting and then we can select which ones we want? I've applied for over

Just applying for my Olympic tickets now and thought id remind everyone who was going to do it that it closes tonight. I'm also wondering what the next stage of the process is? Do we get told which tickets we have/haven't been successful in getting and then we can select which ones we want? I've applied for over

Yeah, I thought it might be a preference thing, so if Session A isn't available i'll have Session B please etc, but it wasn't for me. Or like you say apply for them and then select which ones you want once you've been allocated. Perhaps that would take to long to process considering the size of it.

With not knowing how much hotels would be, how much money to spare we'll have etc we played it safe and went for one early session of the Athletics in the

Not really a huge fan of Athletics but like you say always love the Olympics and with it being a once in a lifetime thing decided to apply for the opening and closing ceremonies and all major athletics finals as well as a few cycling events, ive now cut my application in half being paranoid ill end up getting a huge bill for them.

Not really a huge fan of Athletics but like you say always love the Olympics and with it being a once in a lifetime thing decided to apply for the opening and closing ceremonies and all major athletics finals as well as a few cycling events, ive now cut my application in half being paranoid ill end up getting a huge bill for them.

The way they've done it there are guaranteed to be some people who end up with nothing they've applied for, and some who get massive bills.

I've applied for the opening ceremony, plus one session of athletics, swimming and gymnastics, plus some random ones like trampolining (women's), taekwondo and BMX. Somehow, I can't imagine the taekwondo is gonna be fully sold during this process. Just as long as I get my ticket for 2 quarter finals of the women's beach volleyball, I'll be fine.

The way they've done it there are guaranteed to be some people who end up with nothing they've applied for, and some who get massive bills.

I've applied for the opening ceremony, plus one session of athletics, swimming and gymnastics, plus some random ones like trampolining (women's), taekwondo and BMX. Somehow, I can't imagine the taekwondo is gonna be fully sold during this process. Just as long as I get my ticket for 2 quarter finals of the women's beach volleyball, I'll be fine.

Yea it looks that way, they really could have done it so much better and I hate being part of the moaning general public about the Olympics. Just hoping I get one set of my athletics tickets and maybe get lucky with a cycling or opening ceremony.

I've gone for the budget tickets on morning heats for several events, pretty much to say I was there at what I imagine will be a once in a lifetime opportunity. If previous Olympics are anything to go by I expect I stand a decent chance of getting those. I have applied for a morning of Track & Field heats, which most people would think of as the heart of the Games, some early rounds of the show jumping to take advantage of the magnificent views from Greenwich Park and a day at the rowing regatta as Eton is just up the road from me. On top of that I might well have a look at lining the marathon course which I imagine is open to the public in many places, by then I may have run a marathon of my own so will be interesting to see how quick the real runners really are.

I have also thrown my hat in the ring for the cheap seats at the opening and closing ceremonies which will obviously be over subscribed and a lottery. All told, if we got absolutely everything we applied for, it would cost the missus and I a little north of

I've gone for tickets to all four quarter finals for the basketball. That should, providing I get both sets of tickets (you get two games for each ticket) allow me to see America, Spain, Argentina & Russia/Serbia/Lithuania (dependant on who of them actually turns up) play as the group stages should be a formality. US basketball has come a long way since the shambles of Athens and seen as they take it seriously now, should be well worth the admission fee to the O2 Arena.

Put in for the wrestling as you never know who will be a future WWE or UFC Champion!!!!

No put in for opening and closing events, i know the chances are slim.

Other than that i have just put in for the Basketball nothing interest me not even that but my boy should enjoy it.

• Paid Members

Even given the constraints they are under, it would at least have made sense to let people put the tickets they want in order of preference, then state a maximum total they want to spend. Bit complex to administer, but I hear there are computer available these days.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived