Steve Corino

Cousin Jim Bob

Was he born too late ?

I've always loved his work with Dusty, his promos, his in-ring style and the fact he was one of the few indy guys in the last ten years who actually understood how to work in Japan too some success.

Did having a career working over here, Japan, Puerto Rico consistently mean never making it big in the US after ECW folded was not a huge deal ? Did he top out at his level ? From shoots he seemed to have a great mind for the business too, was that wasted ?

Was he born too late ?

I've always loved his work with Dusty, his promos, his in-ring style and the fact he was one of the few indy guys in the last ten years who actually understood how to work in Japan too some success.

Did having a career working over here, Japan, Puerto Rico consistently mean never making it big in the US after ECW folded was not a huge deal ? Did he top out at his level ? From shoots he seemed to have a great mind for the business too, was that wasted ?

I think he ruined any chance he might have had to work for WWE by blading the shit out of his forehead like an idiot.

It's a shame too, as (even if he wasn't a world class worker) he's a funny bloke, who understands wrestling and is very confident and competent on the stick. He'd have probably only ever been a lower/mid card guy in WWE (had he not diced up his head, and if he'd been willing to put some effort in down the gym), but he might have had a lot more success as a manager/interviewer/commentator, something like that afterwards.

I enjoyed his ECW run, but he just seem to get flabbier and more injured from then onwards. Though his FWA stuff was great fun!

I think he would have got lost in the mix if he went to WWE.

On one of his shoots, think it may have been the one he did for ROH, he said that he signed a 3 year deal with WCW in its dying weeks and once Vince did the deal to buy it, he was released but got paid 3 months of his WCW wage.

I liked alot of his post-ECW work. His injury sell at 1PW's debut was worldclass (shame the rest of that match was just plain bizarre). I think he chubbed up a bit too much working the Japan style though

Archived