UKFF FIFA 11 PS3 League: Season One Thread

TUFCfan

• Paid Members
Sorry for the quick highjack but I was wandering if anybody elses Fifa just pauses on them for a few seconds when not even online? Sometimes I can play for weeks with nothing then I have a game from hell where it just pauses about 5 times.

Again sorry for the highjack but I'm guessing you guys will be able to tell me if anyone else has smiler problems

They're micropauses. EA were supposed to have fixed them in the patches but they haven't. They come and go, though I didn't start having them until after the first patch that was supposed to fix them.

So everyone gets them then? It was the reason I did not ask to join this league due to this happening every so often online.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Villa & Inter, if you're able to play tonight PM me please and I will come online. Not planning on being online otherwise after the amount of quitters I played in ranked matches yesterday in the hope someone would be online. Is it me or do most of the quitters seem to be French? Just something I've noticed over the past month or so.

Sorry for the quick highjack but I was wandering if anybody elses Fifa just pauses on them for a few seconds when not even online? Sometimes I can play for weeks with nothing then I have a game from hell where it just pauses about 5 times.

Again sorry for the highjack but I'm guessing you guys will be able to tell me if anyone else has smiler problems

They're micropauses. EA were supposed to have fixed them in the patches but they haven't. They come and go, though I didn't start having them until after the first patch that was supposed to fix them.

So everyone gets them then? It was the reason I did not ask to join this league due to this happening every so often online.

Can't speak for everyone in the league but they've released a couple of patches trying to address it and there seem to be a lot of complaints about it on the EA FIFA forums. After the last patch it's better than it used to be but I still get it every few matches or so.

If you're interested in playing in the league this season I'll keep you in mind as a reserve to replace anyone who drops out. We've had a couple of dropouts and replacements already and currently have someone who seems to have disappeared for almost two weeks so it might not be too long before you can join in.

Also, there seems to be a PSN outage today so if anyone (like Rob above) was planning to play tonight it may or may not be up again yet.

• Paid Members
Can't speak for everyone in the league but they've released a couple of patches trying to address it and there seem to be a lot of complaints about it on the EA FIFA forums. After the last patch it's better than it used to be but I still get it every few matches or so.

If you're interested in playing in the league this season I'll keep you in mind as a reserve to replace anyone who drops out. We've had a couple of dropouts and replacements already and currently have someone who seems to have disappeared for almost two weeks so it might not be too long before you can join in.

Also, there seems to be a PSN outage today so if anyone (like Rob above) was planning to play tonight it may or may not be up again yet.

Ah thanks for that, I would have joined at the start but due to those pause's just didn't want to, Never seem to have a problem on my 360 version tho. I'll join the next 1 if this works out well.

• Paid Members

Sorry guys, been a busier week than usual for me. Will be about for a little while tomorrow around 6ish for a little while if Villa and Man City are around, if not then next week is a bit quieter for me. I've been taking on some extra hours at work in the break from Uni and have been away at the Mrs place most nights since hence my lack of online activity.

These are the games from previous weeks that have been played whilst I've been away along with the updated scorers charts for the same periods. THE SCORERS HAVEN'T BEEN UPDATED TO INCLUDE ANY OF THIS WEEKS FIXTURES.This weeks games and any games that are left to play from previous weeks (I'll let TUFC remind you of those cos my brains gone into stat overdrive trying to work out all the games that I've missed etc) that haven't been played yet will be detailed on Monday as per usual.

Apologies I haven't done write ups for these as I've been so busy.

Week 4 (Mon 11th April -> Sun 17th April)

Bayern Munich v Man Utd

Man City v Aston Villa

(Roma 0 v 7 JuventusQuagliarella 3, Iaquinta 2, Barzagli)

Aston Villa v Tottenham

Atletico Madrid v Roma

Chelsea 1 v 1 Man City (Tevez)

Drogba

Juvents v Real Madrid

Man Utd v Napoli

Week 3 remainders:

Bayern Munich 1 v 2 Juventus (Melo, Quaglirella)

Gomez

Man City v Inter Milan

Liverpool 0 v 2 Man City (Silva, Dzeko)

Juventus 0 v 2 Napoli (Cavani, Hamsik)

Week 2 remainders (last week to play these):

Everton 0 v 1 Juventus (Quagliarella)

Juventus 1 v 0 Dortmund

Krasic

Re-Played Games from Previous Weeks

AC Milan 1 v 0 Juventus

Robinho

END OF WEEK AWARDS.

Match of the Week - Everton 2 - 2 AC Milan. Fascinating game that proved the old adage that a game isn't over until the final whistle. With Milan leading 2-0 and the game in stoppage time it looked like it was curtains for Everton but two Saha goals stunned the Italians and Everton bagged themselves a point.

Team of the Week - Atheltico Madrid. They have recorded some big results this week and constantly prove to be a thorn in the side for their opponents.

Player of the week - Diego Forlan. You cannot argue with his return of goals both this week and the previous weeks. Front runner in the chase for the Golden Boot looks like he'll be hard to catch.

NB. - Milan - I've added on your scorers to the chart from your game with Everton.

TOP SCORERS. -

Diego Forlan - 12

Didier Drogba - 9

Mario Gomez - 8

Emanuel Adebayor - 7

David Villa - 7

Fernando Torres - 7

Zlatan Ibrahimovic - 6

Jermaine Defoe - 6

Edison Cavani - 5

Fabio Quagliarella - 5

Louis Saha - 5

Peter Crouch - 4

Cristiano Ronaldo - 4

Robinho - 4

Andy Carroll - 4

Sergio Aguero - 4

Pato - 3

Dirk Kuyt - 3

Florent Malouda - 3

Jose Reyes - 3

Diego Milito - 3

Franck Ribery - 2

Daniel Agger - 2

Antonio Cassano - 2

Vicenzo Iaquinta - 2

Arjen Robben - 2

Tim Cahill - 2

Ezequiel Lavezzi - 2

Mikel Arteta - 2

Robin Van Persie - 2

Wesley Sneijder - 2

Kaka - 2

Darren Bent - 2

Samuel Eto'o - 2

Lionel Messi - 2

Roman Pavlyuchecnko - 2

Christian Chivu - 2

Carlos Tevez - 2

Anatoli Tymoshuck - 2

Mario Suarez - 2

Andrea Barzagli

Michael Essien

Gerard Pique

Jeremy Menez

Luka Modric

Raul Meireles

Mario Balotelli

Marek Hamsik

Karim Benzema

Sergio Ramos

Fernando Melo

Steven Gerrard

Maicon

Ashley Young

Lucas Barrios

Tomas Ufalusji

Darren Beckford

Ibrahim Afellay

Nani

Walter Samuel

Wayne Rooney

Dimi Berbatov

Carlos Cueller

Christian Maggio

Marouane Chamakh

Steven Pienaar

Andrei Arshavin

David Silva

Frank Lampard

Luis Suarez

Milos Krasic

Edin Dzeko

Gabby Agbonlahor

Marko Vucinic

Alessandro Nesta

Paolo Cannavaro

Victor Ruiz (all Scored 1 goal

Playstation Network could be down for days

Links says it all.

Rather pissed off about this, I hate playing games offline, I don't get much enjoyment from playing offline for some reason with games like Fifa & NBA 2k11 etc.

I was also thinking today that offline now renders Fifa completely and utterly boring. There's nothing to do really apart from exhibition matches and a generic tournament, where if you win, you get a small block of text saying that you won. Whoopie.

Archived