UKFF FIFA 11 PS3 League: Season One Thread

TUFCfan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i think we should just stick to the league the way it has been run before was fine im sorry if i have upset anyone its just annoying winning for nothing when im stuck with shambles juventus.

You joined the league when it had already commenced, and you were doing a favour by filling in for Snake. Or so it seemed. For about 42 seconds.

Arsenal 0 Napoli 1

Another crappy game from me :(

I'm now convinced that the recent patch changed how the passing works cuz this just isn't the same game that I played hundreds of games of last year! Passes get way overhit even if you only tap the pass button.

Napoli deserved the win though, I only had one chance (hit the bar...doh!) whereas Napoli created quite a lot.

Napoli 1 -0 Arsenal

Napoli recorded their second win in the tournament with a gutsy display against Arsenal. Napoli had an early chance when Cavani battled for a loose ball in the area but his shot was straight at Szczęsny. Napoli had no time to dwell on their defeat when Arsenal broke up the field and when a high bouncing ball confused the Napoli defence Arsenal latched on to it and hit the bar. Napoli kept the pressure on Arsenal though and Marek Hamsik missed a great chance when he glanced an open header wide. Napoli's best chance of the half came moments before the half time whistle when a swift counterattack left Cavani in the clear but Szczęsny came out quickly and blocked Cavani's shot. At half-time Napoli had been the better of the teams recording 5 shots to Arsenal's 1. Six minutes after the break Napoli took the lead when a shot was saved by Szczęsny and went out for a corner. From the resulting corner Paolo Cannavaro headed home despite Szczęsny's best efforts to put the Naples side in to the lead. Arsenal started to put on a bit more pressure but it was Napoli that continued to have the game's best chances. Cavani hit the post with a header and Hamsik hit a volley just over the bar. Napoli held on and almost scored a second from a counterattack but with the last kick of the game placed a shot just wide.

Napoli goal: Cannavaro (51')

I've found my problem -

The Feb update also includes over 50 additional refinements that were included based on the feedback from the FIFA community. Some of the additional changes include updates to the auctions to make it easier to track auctions or repost expired items, Power Passing assistance is switched off by default in online matches, and a number of general stability improvements

I've only ever played with that turned on so getting used to the sensitivity of weighting the passes is prooving to be difficult! I'm going to need to practise playing offline with it switched off..

Napoli really picking up the last week, the 7 goal hiding must have had an effect! Good to see, TUFC are my neutral favourite team, although that may well change if he gets any closer to me in the league!

The thrashing convinced me to change back to my original tactics that seemed to work a bit better in the first couple of weeks, since then I seem to be a bit better in defence. Not sure I can keep it up though as in a fortnight I face both you and Lawz in the same week which will likely be very challenging. I also face rohpete next week and the games I've played against him before have always been fun but very tough and hard fought.

Napoli really picking up the last week, the 7 goal hiding must have had an effect! Good to see, TUFC are my neutral favourite team, although that may well change if he gets any closer to me in the league!

The thrashing convinced me to change back to my original tactics that seemed to work a bit better in the first couple of weeks, since then I seem to be a bit better in defence. Not sure I can keep it up though as in a fortnight I face both you and Lawz in the same week which will likely be very challenging. I also face rohpete next week and the games I've played against him before have always been fun but very tough and hard fought.

you are a tough person to play against if i may say so credit where credit is due mate.

Athletico Madrid 1 - 0 Man City

Man City's unbeaten start to the campaign came to a crashing holt in the early hours of the morning away at a much superior Madrid team. Athletico bossed the game from start to finish with Man City failing to challenge the keeper during the 90 minutes. A change of formation and strike partnership made no difference to a poor Man City side. Only reassuring thing for the Man City faithful is that they cannot possibly play that poorly again as it really should have 6/7 to Madrid.

Filipe I believe was the sole goal scorer after Toure got caught in possession in his own box, scrappy awful goal, but it was the difference between 1 point & 0 points for Man City.

A Madrid 1 Man City 0

Felipe

My goal came from a mistake early on and I then went in to miss at least 5 good chances to make the points safe. I defended really well though and managed to keep my 4th clean sheet in a row.

Archived