Pick Your Power Game Thread

Mike Castle

• Paid Members

That wasn't the slip that was being pushed though was it, it was that he claimed to have forget that SMS was a rolecop after having posted he was a rolecop. What your talking about is rolefishing not a slip. And I believe (not 100% on this) I questioned that but it wasn't the reason given as a slip for pushing his lynch.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Given that everyone has had the no lynch is a bad idea drummed into them by Mike, I though it best to broach the subject early, the one person I expected to give it some thought was you given you have played some games over at MS forums and would likely have been involved in some no lynching at even numbers or at mylo as these give town advantage.

I've not been involved in any games over on MS which have had a no lynch yet. Haven't had a whole lot of games complete mind you.

You haven't said a word about the reasons for the votes, instead trying to focus on the whole decision to lynch today or not, and addressing some of the newer players putting in FOS's. I think you maybe know that this looks really bad.

And I think that at this stage a no-lynch would not benefit the town because it's not a strong game experience-wise. If we had some players driving play then maybe but we're just not that good.

We've lost the Rolecop, I'm being roleblocked/jailkept, so the only info we're going to get from another night phase is from the doc and he's not speaking up as yet (If he is actually town). Add to that, the weak doc could hide behind scum tonight, in which case we might well lose 2 players and it's game over anyway. I'd rather we take the initiative and lynch this phase, so at least if we go down it's fighting and not contemplating.

• Paid Members

The reasons for vote on me I can't argue with, they are wrong but I can only explain why I was against the push on Nexus other than that your arguement is that your not scum I clearly have to be and Brownie is that one or both of us are so he votes me neither is worth getting in a WIFOM arguement over.

I appreciate avoiding the WIFOM argument. This game has had waaaaaay too many of them.

So what do you think the likelihood is that all of the scum were bussing their buddy last phase and none sat on the other wagon to create seperation?

• Paid Members
And I think that at this stage a no-lynch would not benefit the town because it's not a strong game experience-wise. If we had some players driving play then maybe but we're just not that good.

We've lost the Rolecop, I'm being roleblocked/jailkept, so the only info we're going to get from another night phase is from the doc and he's not speaking up as yet (If he is actually town). Add to that, the weak doc could hide behind scum tonight, in which case we might well lose 2 players and it's game over anyway. I'd rather we take the initiative and lynch this phase, so at least if we go down it's fighting and not contemplating.

I agree, but I'm wary about a rush of votes on anyone. That nearly got me lynched last time, plus I'd rather discuss as much as possible this phase to work out who scum 2 and 3 are, on top of whoever we think scum 1 is tonight.

• Paid Members
I appreciate avoiding the WIFOM argument. This game has had waaaaaay too many of them.

So what do you think the likelihood is that all of the scum were bussing their buddy last phase and none sat on the other wagon to create seperation?

not that likely, and I haven't discarded the idea that you could be scum, but it's a wifom argument here as well, the scum could have choose not to vote hoping for no lynch, both Ron and Nexus could be scum together so it them becomes a choice of who they bus and they decided to keep Ron alive to pump SMS for info and then kill him after all we only have Ron's word for what SMS said in the Night phase and this contradicts what SMS posted before the end of the last day phase add to that SMS Bah post was "Rubbish" which could be a discreditment of this statement.

not that likely, and I haven't discarded the idea that you could be scum, but it's a wifom argument here as well, the scum could have choose not to vote hoping for no lynch, both Ron and Nexus could be scum together so it them becomes a choice of who they bus and they decided to keep Ron alive to pump SMS for info and then kill him after all we only have Ron's word for what SMS said in the Night phase and this contradicts what SMS posted before the end of the last day phase add to that SMS Bah post was "Rubbish" which could be a discreditment of this statement.

The Bah post is simply that. If SMS has tried to put any cryptic message in it then it's against the rules and I think SMS is well aware of that.

Secondly this whole plan would have had to be concocted the night before, since the scum can't day talk.

I guess Ron could reveal what my role is, that would confirm that he and SMS were at least on speaking terms overnight.

• Paid Members
That wasn't the slip that was being pushed though was it, it was that he claimed to have forget that SMS was a rolecop after having posted he was a rolecop. What your talking about is rolefishing not a slip. And I believe (not 100% on this) I questioned that but it wasn't the reason given as a slip for pushing his lynch.

Can't speak for anyone else but as I've said before the reason I thought it made him scum was because he was quite clearly lying. If he'd made an argument that SMS revealing his results would've been good for town then I might have believed him. Saying he forgot SMS' role, however, just lacked credibility, especially when he'd not only mentioned it in his post but it was his reason for his opportunistic vote on Snake. What it tells us is debatable but can we at least agree that town have no reason to lie?

Out of interest, what made you think it was a counter wagon to Ron's?

• Paid Members

Swiftstrike: bristep123, brownie

Not voting: spotlightmagnet1, tom, unfitfinlay, Ron Simmons, Carbomb

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Day deadline: 5pm Friday 15th April

I must admit Swift, I did have a feeling before for reasons I couldn't quite put my finger on it but some of the things that have come out don't dissuade me. I'm not particularly convinced by the arguement that Nexus and Ron could be scum together, especially relying on SMS' bah post to try and cement your arguement.

I still feel there is an arguement against tom though, I'm wondering if maybe he felt like some scum loyalty to Nexus. I can't think of a good reason why he would do this other than trying to keep scum numbers up.

• Paid Members

The Bah post is simply that. If SMS has tried to put any cryptic message in it then it's against the rules and I think SMS is well aware of that.

Secondly this whole plan would have had to be concocted the night before, since the scum can't day talk.

I guess Ron could reveal what my role is, that would confirm that he and SMS were at least on speaking terms overnight.

OK, if we mass claim it's gonna come out anyway, so...you're a watcher.

• Paid Members

Can't speak for anyone else but as I've said before the reason I thought it made him scum was because he was quite clearly lying. If he'd made an argument that SMS revealing his results would've been good for town then I might have believed him. Saying he forgot SMS' role, however, just lacked credibility, especially when he'd not only mentioned it in his post but it was his reason for his opportunistic vote on Snake. What it tells us is debatable but can we at least agree that town have no reason to lie?

but the point is you did say before and no one really did, I was asking you for your reasons at the time and you kept firing back at my questioning you rather than stating an actual reason, this and the fact that no one explained HOW the slip made him scum is what made me think we were looking at a counter argument. And sometimes the town do have reason do lie perhaps a vanilla hints at a power role to draw a night kill but it is seldom a townie should lie, that is true.

Question for Bristep

Why did you claim you where being blocked day 1, if you are a town power role and think that scum is blocking you why tell them that they are successfully blocking you and blocking an high up the list role?

but the point is you did say before and no one really did, I was asking you for your reasons at the time and you kept firing back at my questioning you rather than stating an actual reason, this and the fact that no one explained HOW the slip made him scum is what made me think we were looking at a counter argument. And sometimes the town do have reason do lie perhaps a vanilla hints at a power role to draw a night kill but it is seldom a townie should lie, that is true.

Question for Bristep

Why did you claim you where being blocked day 1, if you are a town power role and think that scum is blocking you why tell them that they are successfully blocking you and blocking an high up the list role?

I didn't 'claim' anything Swift, you make it sound like it was a tactical decision to release said information. I didn't give any thought to whether me saying that I had been roleblocked would have any impact, I was trying to narrow down who it could have been at that stage (hence asking Tom what role he went for).

• Paid Members

I use the phrase claim because I don't know if you where roleblocked or not. If you are the watcher role as Ron has just stated then it's not as if you could say that hoping to be watched so someone can then out scum if they where blocking you, but being blocked every day does sound a good excuse for not giving any info from a town role does it not?

Also given that you clearly were not the bomb (as you could not be the bomb and know you where blocked) if you are town with a power role and are considered one of the better players of the game why have you survived so long?

Anyway with that I'm off for the weekend see you guys later if I'm still alive.

Archived