Pick Your Power Game Thread

Mike Castle

• Paid Members

I am finally starting to get a Town read from Bristep. I am holding my judgemetn on Ron as so far we are on track, at least I'll be able to get some answers out of him in tonights night phase. Swift, they juries out for me. SMS is playing like SMS does so currently doesn't have me worried. Tom's non bomb claim is interesting to say the least what I'm wondering is why would someone outright come and claim that they went for the bomb and didn't get it? Well at least at this point in the game where there is no wagon pressure?

Mr. McBride and Unfitfinlay are cause for concern but I don't know why. Something in the bakc of my head is sounding an alarm kinda like a spidey sense but i have no idea what for...

Oh and C'Bomb I said in general not a sweeping in everygame style of comment.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The other thing Tom is that the Bomb doesn't need to reveal themselves as the scum would already know they don't have a bomb among them wouldn't they?

• Paid Members
I am finally starting to get a Town read from Bristep. I am holding my judgemetn on Ron as so far we are on track, at least I'll be able to get some answers out of him in tonights night phase. Swift, they juries out for me. SMS is playing like SMS does so currently doesn't have me worried. Tom's non bomb claim is interesting to say the least what I'm wondering is why would someone outright come and claim that they went for the bomb and didn't get it? Well at least at this point in the game where there is no wagon pressure?

Mr. McBride and Unfitfinlay are cause for concern but I don't know why. Something in the bakc of my head is sounding an alarm kinda like a spidey sense but i have no idea what for...

Snake how can you state you are finally starting to get a town read on bristep when one of your first posts in game if not the first post stated you had a town read on him and me? Are you having trouble keeping your story straight?

• Paid Members
The other thing Tom is that the Bomb doesn't need to reveal themselves as the scum would already know they don't have a bomb among them wouldn't they?

They wouldn't know which town member has the bomb though, especially if everyone above me is town. And the reason I claimed is because bristep asked me, he seems town to me and I wanted to help town

• Paid Members
The results overnight haven't given me any immediate ideas or suspicions, so I need to try and look into why we only had one death last night, and why it was Seph.

I have a feeling Sephs death might have been the vigilante, so if the night roles do the same again, we might only have one killing again then we can reveal the results and lynch scum.

I have a theory - and yeah, nobody really bought my last one, but what the heck.

Bristep posted this earlier today:

I was told that I could not complete my action.

We also potentially have this role in game:

Jailkeeper

You are the Jailkeeper, every night you may PM me the name of a player who you will jailkeep. This will prevent the player from dying, but also prevent them from performing any night actions.

So yeah, unless I'm misunderstanding this role, it basically seems to be a doctor with a twist. So I think someone protected (and therefore roleblocked) Bristep with this role, and either the scum or the vigilante also targetted him, meaning he couldn't use his power, but survived an attempted hit.

Bristep's a strong player, and is high up on the list, so if he's not scum it would make sense they'd want to dispose of him at an early stage.

What information suggests that Bristep was targetted?

I agree that if Bristep is saying his Night Action didn't complete, it could well be because of the jailkeeper role, but what suggests he was targetted aswell? He could have been roleblocked or a kill target could be bulletproof or the vig may have forgotton to send a night action in - what makes you think Bristep was a jailkept as opposed to any other scenario?

The results overnight haven't given me any immediate ideas or suspicions, so I need to try and look into why we only had one death last night, and why it was Seph.

I have a feeling Sephs death might have been the vigilante, so if the night roles do the same again, we might only have one killing again then we can reveal the results and lynch scum.

I have a theory - and yeah, nobody really bought my last one, but what the heck.

Jailkeeper

You are the Jailkeeper, every night you may PM me the name of a player who you will jailkeep. This will prevent the player from dying, but also prevent them from performing any night actions.

So yeah, unless I'm misunderstanding this role, it basically seems to be a doctor with a twist. So I think someone protected (and therefore roleblocked) Bristep with this role, and either the scum or the vigilante also targetted him, meaning he couldn't use his power, but survived an attempted hit.

Bristep's a strong player, and is high up on the list, so if he's not scum it would make sense they'd want to dispose of him at an early stage.

I agree that if Bristep is saying his Night Action didn't complete, it could well be because of the jailkeeper role, but what suggests he was targetted aswell? He could have been roleblocked or a kill target could be bulletproof or the vig may have forgotton to send a night action in - what makes you think Bristep was a jailkept as opposed to any other scenario?

There's no information to suggest that, brownie. But then Ron's been my No. 1 Scum since I joined the game. Of course, it could just be that he doesn't understand the role. I'm intrigued by Bristep's role though.

Snake - care to discuss what's suspicious about me? Swift makes an interesting point about you, but I know I can't have made any "slips" since I've got no banana skins anywhere near me. Making a case against a newbie, eh?

I'm prepared to take your claim Ron. But why the flip flopping? Also, if you get to night please Neighbourize me as I think we can start to formulate a plan for rooting out scum.

unvote, Vote Andrew The Giant

Shady wagon-jumping, if you ask me.

FOS Snake Plissken

"The traitor is the one who sets up the meeting" - Vito Corleone

And our dearly departed friend makes an excellent point.

Never trust a snake... :devil:

• Paid Members

Me neither. That's twice you've mentioned being suspicious of me without knowing why. I don't really mind it, I suppose, but I can hardly defend myself against your "Spidey Sense" can I?

Anyway, I'm still suspicious of Swift and I'm not entirely convinced about Ron, both based on their play in the last phase. Looking even further back I'm also not too comfortable with the fact that TDK/Brownie only escaped being lynched based on a really dodgy argument: He claimed vanilla, and to prove it claimed that there was something extra in the Vanilla players PM's that Mike didn't post. Despite the fact Tom had already mentioned the original PM being quoted, TDK jumped on it and somehow, despite SMS confirming that power roles have the same thing, that cleared him.

He DID come across like frustrated town when he asked to be replaced but, still, the above does have me wondering.

• Paid Members
Unfortunately Finners, I can't comment on PM's as I already said.

Was I your first choice for a lynching then?

Up until that point? Probably. At that point I had the scum team as you, Swift, Spotlight and a fourth. As I said before I got a town read from TDK when he asked to be replaced, it's only from looking back on the thread that remembered just how close he was to being lynched and how flimsy the defence that saved him was.

You haven't done anything to get my attention since you took over, to be fair, but it is something I've been thinking about.

• Paid Members

Jailkeeper

I guess the vig COULD have forgotten to send in his PM, I hadn't really considered that option. Ultimately it's just a theory, I thought that since Bristep was unable to carry out his night action and there was only one kill that it seemed likely he had been targetted - but he was blocked, so it makes sense that he could have been jailkept. Unless, as you say, the vig forgot to PM their action. I suppose there are other options too, but I dunno, it seems possible.

There's no information to suggest that, brownie. But then Ron's been my No. 1 Scum since I joined the game. Of course, it could just be that he doesn't understand the role. I'm intrigued by Bristep's role though.

Doesn't understand WHAT role? That's a little rude - jailkeeping protects AND roleblocks. So my theory's valid enough.

On another note, I think Kenny McBride has been given a bit of a free ride so far. Nobody has pressured or questioned him, he's attempted to take a bit of a lead through slight aggresion, though he's also passed the lead onto Bristep several times too.

I actually get a town read from him, but that's all it can be - a read. It seems pretty unhealthy to the town that he's getting by without any real scrutiny.

• Paid Members
They were initial reads and nothing solid to go on, I am now getting strong town reads from Bri. It's that simple really.

Or are they communications between you and your team to suggest that it is better not to push Bristep seeing as you you can't day talk to tell them this? This is the second time you have been stating who you are getting a town read on the only two reasons I can see to do this is 1 to take pressure off a scum mate if you think they have made a mistake or 2 as above lining up the team over who to be pushing or avoiding to line up lynches. For now.

VOTE SNAKE

Archived