Pick Your Power Game Thread

Mike Castle

• Paid Members

I wasn't accusing Lion of a pulling a horseshit LA because I might think he's scum, I'm saying that for a game of 16 players he's posted amongst the fewest times, made the least arguments in his own defense and the fewest accusations and on that basis it would be hard to tell when he planned to come back into play - if I hadn't said anything he would have likely said nothing at all up to an imminent vote / the deadline and any other discourse from him would be highly suss.

Also if he is the Doc and survives the lynch he would have to make his mind up sharpish on which player he believes not to be scum... which rules me out in his mind for a start :D

I'll ignore the OMGUS and FOS Lion of the Midlands, as I'm still undecided.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Bristep,Snake, Tom: thanks for pointing out what you wanted a response to.

I can see the inconsistancy Bristep refers to with the phrasing. He may well have slipped up, but to be honest, questioning how quickly he corrected himself is weak and a non factor in my views on Bristep. Also, if Bristep didn't know that scum had a set amount of time.....wouldn't that suggest he's town?

Obviously, it's odd i'd say that, considering I think he is scum (for different reasons) but Teedy was on a nothing lead there. I'm dismissing it.

And Lion, don't be silly - you think him questioning some dumbass horse race isbad - poor SMS had to justify a funeral. Poor show by you Lion.

• Paid Members

You accused me Seph of going VLA as a convenient way of avoiding questioniong, so you were putting it to the game that I was not been a town player, so if I am not a town player I must be scum, that is how the game works. I have already stated my reasons for how I have played but they are been ignored. it helps me in no way to just keep repeating the same things over. I have at no point suggested I was the doctor. What I said was that was what I chose but came back vanilla as that had already been chosen. If you think I am the doctor why are you FOSing for me. That would be FOSing for what you think is a town power role. That is a pretty scummy play.

• Paid Members

I think the problem is, you've been quite aggressive at times during the game; you had that pop at SMS and I don't think you needed to have flown off the handle at Seph; you could have calmly explained about your V/LA as opposed to calling him a cunt and telling him to go fuck yourself. And aggressive defences are often seem as being scummy, hence me saying that getting so wound up doesn't help your cause

• Paid Members
You accused me Seph of going VLA as a convenient way of avoiding questioniong, so you were putting it to the game that I was not been a town player, so if I am not a town player I must be scum, that is how the game works. I have already stated my reasons for how I have played but they are been ignored. it helps me in no way to just keep repeating the same things over. I have at no point suggested I was the doctor. What I said was that was what I chose but came back vanilla as that had already been chosen. If you think I am the doctor why are you FOSing for me. That would be FOSing for what you think is a town power role. That is a pretty scummy play.

It's saying that if you are falsely asserting that you didn't get the Doc pick, you're taking your sweet time in ascertaining who isn't scum as you only have until Monday to make that call, if you survive. And I FOSed the person, not the role. Very early on in the thread we established that Scum picking Town powers purely to deny Town is a legitimate tactic, and I'm being consistent with that theory.

• Paid Members

As far as the swiftstrike thing goes, I'd be relatively happy with a vote on him, as you'd probably expect given my theory about him and Lion.

I'd also be OK with a vote on Andrew The Giant. He's lurking and hasn't shared much. There might be shades of Adam 619 in the last game there, I don't know. My finger is still firmly on Bristep right now though I'll be quite happy to change my vote to lie on either swift, Lion or ATG at this present time. Teedy Kay raised a few alarms with me earlier, but I don't actually think he's scum. And not just because he transformed into brownie. We need to find some consensus though before the deadline.

All I have done is tell the truth all the way through the game. It is a tactic I will have to review for future games

Thing is, some games will go this way. Town are the uninformed minority and if someone leads a charge on you sometimes it does feel like you're batting against a brick wall. Remember this. Town players want to win, Scum players want to win. Either way, their motivation is honest, whether or not their actions are.

After all, you can't go play paintball then start complaining that people are shooting at you.

• Paid Members
I will be VLA from now til thursday morning. At Cheltenham tomorrow

Damn right I do.

OK, I've been half-following the game and have a few vague impressions about stuff. I will read the whole thread, but for now I think it might be a useful tool for some or all of you to give me a few lines explaining where you stand and why. It'll give me a heads-up fr things to look for as I go back over things.

Otherwise, I probably won't say much for a wee while. I hope you appreciate that it's not lurking, just a noob trying to get used to things.

I believe Lion of The Midlands to be scum, as you'll see when you read through the thread. He picked the same numbers as Chris B, which may or may not have been co-incidence, but his "random vote" for Chris almost certainly wasn't. Based on this I believe him to be scum alongside either Chris or swift (because swiftstrike brought up the numbers thing initially, I wonder if it's a concocted plan between the two.)

So yeah, that's what I'm thinking at this stage. I believe Lion's the best lynch as if he's scum (and I'm pretty sure he is) we could potentially eliminate 50% of the scum by working out whether it's Chris or Swiftstrike partnering him.

Look at this piece of play by Ron. 15 minutes after I said I was away he comes along to say he thinks I am scum. Ron likes to put the boot into players when he knows they are not around to defend themselves. That is pretty scummy play to me and he is my most likely bet to be scum

Unvote

• Paid Members

Um, don't you have chance to defend yourself now and all the way up until tomorrow's deadline? I think you're clutching at straws; your VLA came in only 5 minutes after Kenny asked where people stood. Kenny asked for it, and Ron told him where he stood

• Paid Members
Look at this piece of play by Ron. 15 minutes after I said I was away he comes along to say he thinks I am scum. Ron likes to put the boot into players when he knows they are not around to defend themselves. That is pretty scummy play to me and he is my most likely bet to be scum

That's utter nonsense. I've been touting my theory about you all game, and Kenny McBride asked where everyone stood. Why would I suddenly change my opinion just because you weren't about? It's not like I completely altered my opinion after you announced you weren't going to be here. I've given completely logical reasons as to WHY I suspect you. You're just playing WIFOM.

• Paid Members

Why bother to defend myself when so many seem to have already made their minds up. As I don't have a power role I am a perfectly good non scum lynch. A scum lynch would be better but seen as people have their blinkers on (A horseracing refernce Seph) I don't think its the worst one in the world.

I'm at work so not going into a long post for the moment, but since we seem to be in "only slightly more educated than RVS", I'm going to

VOTE Ron Simmons

His case on Lion is really weak. There have been one or two other wee things that I think are suspicious about him, but I think pushing such a weak case is about as scummy as it gets. 30-odd pages in, when almost everyone else has completely abandoned the numerical analysis (at least for now) when the number-based case was weak as hell to begin with...well, it looks bad.

I think at this stage it needs to be pretty much a "show your hand" situation. Get the votes in (nobody go hammering just yet, though) and let's see if a consensus looks likely. If we can narrow the candidates to two or three, it becomes easier to filter out the noise and get to some real decision making.

Archived