MitB Match at Mania

SSJLogan

This is taken from NoDQ.com.

"- The latest word on Money in the Bank is that WWE officials are looking to hold the match at WrestleMania 27 after all. There was speculation that they would do away with the match because of the pay-per-view later this year. Rey Mysterio is expected to be in the match this year with guys like Daniel Bryan, Big Show, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler and others. "

So with that said do you reckon they're trying to tell us that Nash vs Show wont happen? The only big guy i think should be in the MitB match is Kane, only cause he has been in pretty much all of them. If i were to pick 8 guys for the match i'd say:

From Raw: Bryan, Morrison, Bourne and then either Tyson Kidd or Ted Dibiease

From Smackdown: McIntyre, Ziggler, Kingston and either Swagger or Christian.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope they don't have one at Wrestlemania this year. They effectively killed the importance of the gimmick last year by having three of the buggers last year with about 8 people in each of them. But WWE seem dead set on ruining all of their gimmick matches nowadays. It's just complete and utter way sub-Russo booking.

It's ridiculous to have the match at WM and then again at the PPV. It waters down the gimmick massively. Why not come up with a new concept for WM? Something original like a Triple Cage match.

A triple cage match, really?

I think they still need to have it at Mania because its such a fun match that gets a load of exciting mid carders on the card in an excited match. How would you replace that?

I wouldnt mind somthing at mania, although i like the MITB match myself.

I did just think, you could have the winner of the MITB win again at the MITB PPV. When he cashes in, loose.......but cash in again and win! Might just be me on that though.

That'd be interesting to see but I can't see them putting someone who already has a MITB briefcase ready to cash in, in the MITB match again to try and win another one. If he was put in it I doubt anyone would predict him winning it though and when he does there'd be a shock, so it could be interesting to see and it'd make them very dangerous to the champions. I always thought it'd be cool to have something happen along the lines of:

Wrestlemania: Someone (a heel) wins the MITB, over the next few months nothing big is made of it, maybe have a big distractiong eg. the Raw GM is unveiled, so then fans eventually not forget really but with the time gone and something big like that happening the MITB thing is at the back of their mind.

MITB PPV: Someone (a face) wins the MITB (either Raw or Smackdown) and then they challenge the champion of their brand after the Title match, they win, the crowd is going crazy and celebrating, then the music of the Wrestlemania MITB winner hits, they run to the ring and cash in (but to make it more surprising the Title they are going for is the one from the opposite brand that they were on, I think with the Wrestlemania MITB that's allowed but on the PPV MITBs I think you have to challenge for the Title from your brand), this way the crowd is unsuspecting as they wouldn't expect the Wrestlemania MITB winner to challenge for the opposite brands Title, especially after the MITB winner from the MITB PPV that night has just cashed in and won, then obviously have the Wrestlemania MITB guy win the Title, unless they decide another swerve and have him defeated, that'd really make the MITB winner that night look strong. They'd have won the number one contendership, won the Title and had their first defence all in one night.

Obviously that cashing in thing could happen on any show or PPV.

As for this year's MITB I reckon John Morrison will win at Wrestlemania and if not he'll probably get it at the MITB PPV.

I hope they don't have it. I'm sick of it - it's become a clusterfuck of contrived crap anyway. we've seen it all before. Plus it overshadows the ic and us titles every year and with the quality of champions they've had recently with Daniel Bryan, Kofi Kingston and Dolph Ziggler I'd much rather see any of those guys get a 10 minute match rather than a minutes worth of rushed shit before Hornswoggle hits his tadpole splash. I'd like mania to be more of a mix this year - it's become boring with a MITB, whatever Shawn and Taker are doing and 2 world title matches format.

I would honestly just like the us title match to be Bryan vs Regal (i think they could end up stealing the whole show) and then the intercontinental title match maybe being a ladder match, Kingston vs Swagger vs Ziggler vs Mysterio (if he isnt having a match with Rhodes).

• Paid Members

I'm expecting Show and Nash to team up against The Corre, maybe alongside Kane and Booker T too. As for MITB there's a good opportunity here for surprises, to set it apart a little from the MITB PPV. For example, Evan Bourne and Christian could both make surprise returns as "mystery participants" in the match.

Also, Santino Marella finally deserves a spot in this match. He could bring some fresh comedy spots to the thing, and ultimately the guy really deserves a Wrestlemania spot. He does whatever they ask him, and clearly does it well given how over he is.

Also, Santino Marella finally deserves a spot in this match. He could bring some fresh comedy spots to the thing, and ultimately the guy really deserves a Wrestlemania spot. He does whatever they ask him, and clearly does it well given how over he is.

Well, he did have that Santina drag spot at Wrestlemania 25 I guess :bored: He was the runner up in the Royal Rumble match as well, so I don't see why he should have something little to do at least instead of another Divas match that no one watches. I hope they don't have a MITB match as well, they need something totally new for the midcarders.

MITB is part of Wrestlemania "tradition" now, so I'd be surprised if it didn't happen.

I really hope it does, or there is some equally as spectacular gimmick match

Edit : Just a thought, with it being in WCW town, do you think they'd maybe ressurect a WCW gimmick match?

Archived