MitB Match at Mania

SSJLogan

I'm kind of hoping they do have it, because Wrestlemania is looking very 'blah' at the moment both in terms of marquee matches and potential show-stealers. The last two Manias have for the most part been shit other than the Taker/Michaels matches, but MITB has remained a highlight. I have some sympathy with the arguments that another MITB match will 'kill the gimmick', but for me the gimmick PPVs are a much greater concern in that respect.

If not, maybe a way to get around it would be a TLC tag match or something, what with it being 10 years since the first Wrestlemania TLC (though I'm struggling to think of any decent teams to put in it atm).

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
your calling a show that is still 2 months away with nothing confirmed as looking 'blah'?

Judging by most of the predictions in the 'Wrestlemania lineup' thread on here, yeah.

Btw, I stand to be corrected on that, and predicted on that thread that they must have something up their sleeve by way of a major return or celebrity involvement simply because the current potential lineup looks so uninspiring. But by this time of year the feuds for Wrestlemania are usually starting to take shape, and if what we get is Orton/Punk, Cena/Miz, Taker/Barrett and HHH/Sheamus, then double blah.

What about Money In The Cell ? A Hell In The Cell Ladder match would that work ? Just make the cell higher hang the briefcase and give the whole thing a new twist ?? If this ideas shit my excuse is I've had a long a tiring day so go easy on me :confused::sleeping:

What about Money In The Cell ? A Hell In The Cell Ladder match would that work ? Just make the cell higher hang the briefcase and give the whole thing a new twist ?? If this ideas shit my excuse is I've had a long a tiring day so go easy on me :confused::sleeping:

I wouldn't say it was shit, but not the greatest either. Maybe just having a Cell match for the Money In The Bank breifcase rather than meshing two match-types

Kofi had an interview the other day about the WWE All Stars game and spoke about the MitB and Wrestlemania and how he thinks of new spots every year, he basically said 'Watch this year, i'll have some new stuff, I just don't know what yet'.

So sounds like its happening.

Sorry, but there is no exscuse! That is an awful idea :laugh: We need something totally original rather than an adaption of two different matches joined together.

It has become a tradition but I would rather they replaced this tradition with two solid exciting IC and US title matches, the MITB provides a good match but the cash-in have become standard, unimaginative and far from exciting over the years. I was as happy as the next person to see Miz win the belt, but it was hardly out of this world compared to when Edge did it the first time in something we'd never seen, same goes for Van Dam's challenge to Cena in 2006, it set up a great moment. Swagger beating an injured Jericho hardly captured the imagination like these moments.

• Paid Members
I did just think, you could have the winner of the MITB win again at the MITB PPV. When he cashes in, loose.......but cash in again and win!

I always thought they missed a trick when Edge won the Gold Rush. I thought it was obvious for Edge and Dave to have a competitive match, but then fearing defeat, Edge goes loco and beats the shit out of Bats with a chair, getting disqualified, continues his assault for a few minutes then only when Dave is utterly helpless / unconscious, retrieve his briefcase and cash in.

Just a thought, with it being in WCW town, do you think they'd maybe ressurect a WCW gimmick match?

Shame they would never think of War Games, because I'd throw Core and Nexus in the cage and see what happens.

I remember always wanting to see that triple cage match in WCW and felt that it would be a great idea if done properly. Something along the lines of having the first cage like the TNA Xscape match cage, like a hell in a cell with a hole on the top, then have them try to get through the hole in the roof of the cell and once they're in the next cage have some sort of gimmick in there, maybe along the lines of Ken Shamrock's den match against Steve Blackman, when they had the weapons in there, then a similar sort of thing with trying to get to the top of the cell and make their way across to the hole in the roof and get to the final level where the ladders would be, then once there are at least two or three guys up there the briefcase is lowered so that they can climb the ladder and reach it and so that there's enough space the cells could all be the same size. It might be a bit of a clusterf**k though and might confuse people.

Sorry, but there is no exscuse! That is an awful idea :laugh: We need something totally original rather than an adaption of two different matches joined together.

Told you I was tired ! So tired I couldn't remember what overtime I've done this week :confused: So I will accept what a shit idea that was :thumbsup:

I agree with others and think it would be nice for the US and Intercontnental titles to be defended at Mania they get overlooked far to often for my liking

I think they should do away with it, and come up with something else.

I'd much prefer a lot of the talent in matches, because MITB is becoming a bit tired, especially with a MITB PPV.

I'd like a Daniel Bryan vs Kofi Kingston match to Unify the US and IC Title. And JoMo, Ziggler, Mysterio and the like deserve a fued rather than being stuc in MITB.

I wouldnt mind somthing at mania, although i like the MITB match myself.

I did just think, you could have the winner of the MITB win again at the MITB PPV. When he cashes in, loose.......but cash in again and win! Might just be me on that though.

MITB PPV: Someone (a face) wins the MITB (either Raw or Smackdown) and then they challenge the champion of their brand after the Title match, they win, the crowd is going crazy and celebrating, then the music of the Wrestlemania MITB winner hits, they run to the ring and cash in (but to make it more surprising the Title they are going for is the one from the opposite brand that they were on, I think with the Wrestlemania MITB that's allowed but on the PPV MITBs I think you have to challenge for the Title from your brand), this way the crowd is unsuspecting as they wouldn't expect the Wrestlemania MITB winner to challenge for the opposite brands Title, especially after the MITB winner from the MITB PPV that night has just cashed in and won, then obviously have the Wrestlemania MITB guy win the Title, unless they decide another swerve and have him defeated, that'd really make the MITB winner that night look strong. They'd have won the number one contendership, won the Title and had their first defence all in one night.

See it's booking like this I'd be queing up to pay for that to be played out in a very similar way. Seriously, I scratch my head with ideas like this. Vince has the say, yet he'd rather put something entirely different to what would make an even greater story played out by his standards.... (fuck I just repeated that!) You get my drift.

Pardon me for making the exact same remark as I always do with regards to MITB, but it really is like that cheat in Mortal Kombat Trilogy (or was it 3?) that makes your character keep randomly changing throughout the fight. Usually there's just two people doing something interesting while everyone else lays around half dead. An eight/ten-man match doesn't really work if it seldom involves eight/ten men!

I get that eight/ten men all doing stuff at once gets a bit much to watch, but at least it never gets boring. Works fine in a Battle Royale/Royal Rumble.

Archived