Your favourite five tracks of the moment

Devon Malcolm

Clive Tanaka - International Heartbreaker - I've been all over his album this year, this is my favourite track of it...an instrumental with a very sad, evocative melody

James Blake - Wilhelms Scream - and my second favourite album of the year, some real deep bass on this but mainly just an awesome vocal refrain with minimal electronic production

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK9gdMZn0Jc Natasha Beddingfield - Single [Delinquent Remix] - Finally something to prove Natasha Beddingfield isn't a complete waste of oxygen, a cool bassline/garage rework of one of her early tracks that I came across the other day and have had on repeat ever since. Funky as fuck.

Digable Planets - Rebirth Of Slick - Perfect summer jam for the weather, early 90s jazzy hip hop, always goes down a treat for garden parties with plenty of green

John Martyn - Solid Air - This is pretty late night chill as well, he wrote it about Nick Drake's depression and there are some fucking deep grooves going on, the bass sounds amazing and he puts in another sensational vocal performance. Lyrically fantastic as well, one of my favourite tunes of all time.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived