WWE PPV's - 13 is now the minimum

champkins

(taken from rajah.com)

As we touched on yesterday in our post about the Diva Search Competition would be returning this year, WWE held a web conference to entice potential advertisers to promote their products with WWE. WWE's Senior Vice President of Partner Sales Joe DelGrosso hosted the event.

-- WWE will not be cutting back from 13 pay-per-view events a year. 13 pay-per-views is actually the "minimum" going forward, implying that more pay-per-view events may be added in the future.

-- WWE is hoping to have SummerSlam take place from Los Angeles, California every year. WWE regards SummerSlam as the second biggest show of the year and the company likes hosting it out in LA, where they have access to celebrities.

-- WWE is still looking for sponsors for WrestleMania in April. Sponsors can come aboard for a 5 week promotional period (Feb 28th-April 3rd).

-----

I'm not sure if anyone else is with me but

a) the PPV market is saturated as it is, with WWE doing 13 PPVs, TNA doing 10 (correct me if I'm wrong), UFC doing PPV's (not sure how often but theres quite a few), so why even consider adding a 14th etc

b) if they are still looking for sponsors for WrestleMania, surely that should indiciate the market that we're in at the moment and that companies can't afford to sponsor

c) we'll never get SummerSlam again :(

(taken from rajah.com)

As we touched on yesterday in our post about the Diva Search Competition would be returning this year, WWE held a web conference to entice potential advertisers to promote their products with WWE. WWE's Senior Vice President of Partner Sales Joe DelGrosso hosted the event.

-- WWE will not be cutting back from 13 pay-per-view events a year. 13 pay-per-views is actually the "minimum" going forward, implying that more pay-per-view events may be added in the future.

-- WWE is hoping to have SummerSlam take place from Los Angeles, California every year. WWE regards SummerSlam as the second biggest show of the year and the company likes hosting it out in LA, where they have access to celebrities.

-- WWE is still looking for sponsors for WrestleMania in April. Sponsors can come aboard for a 5 week promotional period (Feb 28th-April 3rd).

-----

a) the PPV market is saturated as it is, with WWE doing 13 PPVs, TNA doing 10 (correct me if I'm wrong), UFC doing PPV's (not sure how often but theres quite a few), so why even consider adding a 14th etc

b) if they are still looking for sponsors for WrestleMania, surely that should indiciate the market that we're in at the moment and that companies can't afford to sponsor

What? Why are we never getting Summer Slam again? Did you actually read the article?

• Paid Members
(taken from rajah.com)

-----

What? Why are we never getting Summer Slam again? Did you actually read the article?

Does he mean SummerSlam will never actually be held in the UK (a la 1992) again? Dunno.

(taken from rajah.com)

-----

Does he mean SummerSlam will never actually be held in the UK (a la 1992) again? Dunno.

Sorry, should have tidyed that up easier - UK getting SummerSlam

(taken from rajah.com)

-----

It was actually really obvious what he meant.

• Paid Members

Personally I've felt they've made SummerSlam seem less and less important every year. The sense of booking to major storyline blow-off's and moments has seemingly been lost over the last few years and as such I can't remember many major SummerSlam moments since Orton won his first world title. The new logo they've used recently doesn't help matters much either, it just screams of unimportant B-show.

Archived