The Terrible, Interminably Boring Mafia Game

Nexus

• Paid Members

Coming from experience in the game that I was scum, it wasn't out of the ordinary that the lot of us would co-plan things to say and exactly when to say them. Obviously we all had minds of our own so sometimes it ended up being coincidence, but still. Something to look at, as it is a little spooky.

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Triple A, you say you are not scum, but you haven't done much scum hunting.

If you are convinced somebody is scum, go dig up a case and post the evidence here, like TMS has done on you.

If you can't do that, then don't get frustrated if you can't stop people wondering about you, because they need someone to focus on and you have strong case on you.

This doesn't prove what side you are on but your lack of scum hunting doesn't help me believe that you might be town.

You have brought up a point on Ron that I have been thinking about though, I thought he has been awfully quiet and am wondering if he was told not to get involved in Snakes plan by him scum team mates, but he could have just bitten his tounge and tried to not react.

If I am not mistaken, he has said something about having Uni work, but I am sure he must have a few spare minutes to get involved at some time.

I also don't like his answer to my question I asked him in day 1, where I asked him about his aggressive play being difficult to read and how he would handle playing with someone like that, with his response being that he doesn't believe he is aggressive.

Sorry for the lack of quote but I am posting on my phone.

Right now it looks like we are going to vote, so whilst I have my vote on Carbomb, I am prepared to vote for someone else if we have a good case on them.

Here are my thoughts on the current state of play in regards to whether I find certain players are scum or not.

Carbomb: If he wants to vote for someone for a reason he believes is a valid one then fine, but to do it at a time when we belive it could lead to the end of the game for the town, then that can be seen as scum play whether intended that way or not.

Triple A: Following up from day 1s play and TMS's case on him.

TMS: Still unsure after day 1s play, his self voting confusing me as town shouldn't self vote like that, but he has spent time putting a case together on Triple A (or did he get his scum buddies to do it for him?).

Swiftstrike: Always hard to read, but seems to be playing a town game, but no disrespect to TMS but his case Triple A seems too good for him to come up with on his own and I have a feeling Swiftstrike may have helped.

Bristep: Don't really have any feelings either way, as he hasn't done anything to supect him, but even though he has been active I would still like to see more of him.

Ron: See my post above.

INH: Not contributed an awful lot and asking the question at the same time as Ron looks odd.

If anybody else wants to comment on my performance, then please do so, as it is not really fair on me to do that myself.

We have several options we could take here, so as we are no voting, should our power roles reveal their results now?

This could be our last day, but if we have a cop and he clears X and a doctor protected Y and didn't die we then know he is confirmed town, which mean we have halfed where we have to look for scum.

It does put our power roles at a risk as they are out in the open, but scum still need to kill them, so hopefully the doctor will guess right which town role they try and kill.

I only bring this to peoples attention because if there are 3 scum, as we suspect there are, we vote wron and a nightkill goes through, then all the three scum just vote for any townie and it is game over.

Any thoughts anyone?

We have several options we could take here, so as we are no voting, should our power roles reveal their results now?

This could be our last day, but if we have a cop and he clears X and a doctor protected Y and didn't die we then know he is confirmed town, which mean we have halfed where we have to look for scum.

It does put our power roles at a risk as they are out in the open, but scum still need to kill them, so hopefully the doctor will guess right which town role they try and kill.

I only bring this to peoples attention because if there are 3 scum, as we suspect there are, we vote wron and a nightkill goes through, then all the three scum just vote for any townie and it is game over.

Any thoughts anyone?

I am not happy about that at all. It's wreckless to reveal power roles, I don't think it should be done unless a player is facing a lynch. If we have a cop and a doctor then revealing them just gives the scum more chance to win.

We don't gain anything from day one cop results. A cop gets a result on night one, but he could be insane, naive or paranoid. It's not until he gets a 2nd night's read that he'll know better what type of cop he is. If he reveals himself now, then scum can potentially nullify him if they have a roleblocker (unlikely if there are 3 scum because that would overpower them, but you never know, I didn't expect us to have a 1 shot vig in the game.)

The doctor only dies protecting scum if he is a weak doctor, so again there's nothing to be gained from learning who he protected.

The only people who benefit from knowing the power roles at this stage of the game are the scum.

As you pointed out, there are 8 players, 5 town 3 scum. If we mislynch it takes us to 4 town 3 scum. The scum only win if they successfully night kill to make it 3 town 3 scum. What can prevent the night kill? A doctor. What's the best way to flush out the doctor? Role claim! Your argument misses out the key point. If the scum know who the doctor is, then they kill the doctor because that's the only person he can't protect.

Your call for the no lynch early on with no real conviction behind it, followed by this call for a role claim has put you right up on my list.

Any thoughts anyone?

I am not happy about that at all. It's wreckless to reveal power roles, I don't think it should be done unless a player is facing a lynch. If we have a cop and a doctor then revealing them just gives the scum more chance to win.

We don't gain anything from day one cop results. A cop gets a result on night one, but he could be insane, naive or paranoid. It's not until he gets a 2nd night's read that he'll know better what type of cop he is. If he reveals himself now, then scum can potentially nullify him if they have a roleblocker (unlikely if there are 3 scum because that would overpower them, but you never know, I didn't expect us to have a 1 shot vig in the game.)

The doctor only dies protecting scum if he is a weak doctor, so again there's nothing to be gained from learning who he protected.

The only people who benefit from knowing the power roles at this stage of the game are the scum.

As you pointed out, there are 8 players, 5 town 3 scum. If we mislynch it takes us to 4 town 3 scum. The scum only win if they successfully night kill to make it 3 town 3 scum. What can prevent the night kill? A doctor. What's the best way to flush out the doctor? Role claim! Your argument misses out the key point. If the scum know who the doctor is, then they kill the doctor because that's the only person he can't protect.

Your call for the no lynch early on with no real conviction behind it, followed by this call for a role claim has put you right up on my list.

Can't really argue with that post Bristep, I just assumed with it being basic Mafia that we wouldn't have to deal with different types of cops being a possibility in such a small game, as well as getting my doctors mixed up.

The post was not mean't to be scummy, but can understand if people read it that way, but your response was very pro-town and made me realise that it wouldn't benefit town at all.

I just am trying so hard to try and find something which will get us at least one scum lynch, that we at least have something to follow up, that I made a mistake suggesting this idea.

At least I am trying to put some input into discussions, even if they are not the best well thought out ideas, but I am working towards a town win so I hope you all see that.

If my ideas are not any good, can somebody else please step forward and offer us a way in which we can salvage something from this day, which is running out of time fast.

I feel I have been one of the most active players in this game, so if somebody else can come up with some ideas, I really would like to see them.

• Paid Members

SMS at the moment you are really on my radar if as I expect trips flips scum you definitely have a number of questions to answer as you didn't mention a no lynch until the pressure came on to trips and a couple of other issues where you have backed him, also you have tried to insinuate that I made tms case on trips where I have had nothing to do with it if I had put forward my case on trips it focused a lot less on his reactions to Snake and a lot more on his other scummy play.

SMS at the moment you are really on my radar if as I expect trips flips scum you definitely have a number of questions to answer as you didn't mention a no lynch until the pressure came on to trips and a couple of other issues where you have backed him, also you have tried to insinuate that I made tms case on trips where I have had nothing to do with it if I had put forward my case on trips it focused a lot less on his reactions to Snake and a lot more on his other scummy play.

I mentioned the no lynch and the role revealing results in an early post of day 2 when I figured out this might be our last day.

Your info there is incorrect!

Due to the fact I am using a phone to type this, this may be split across several posts as I have quite a bit to say, so don't think I am doing this to boost my post count because I am not.

I think we have now hit a very important stage in the game where we have a very, very tricky decision to be made.

Why?

It has been mentioned by a few players, including myself, that the most likely scum players in this game are 3.

If we get this vote wrong and they get a successful nightkill, then we have lost the game, as all 3 of them can vote for the same townie meaning we don't get a majority vote.

As I see it we have 2 choices, unless anybody else can come up with a better decision, so please don't start voting for me and accusing me of being scum when I am only bringing this important information to the towns attention.

1) We wait till near the deadline, put together all the info we have uncovered, then agree on a vote.

2) We no vote, risk losing a power role with info overnight, but get the chance to gain more info if the power role survives.

I usually don't like a no vote, but can see the fact that it might be useful to use on this day, but we don't know if we even have a cop or other such roles to gain us info.

I would say we most likely have, but don't have anything to go on to confirm this, so I would be interested in hearing your opinions.

If in doubt, just think what would Mike Castle do, the do the opposite.

Just joking Mike!

I think I might have hit on something with this gut feeling I have about Swift coaching TMS, so sorry if I'm wrong peeps, but I now am going to switch my vote where my head is telling me too.

The evidence is not strong enough for me to push a case there, but right now my feelings are Swift, TMS and Carbomb are scum, with Triple A just being the village idiot (not the role type, just an opinion based on his gameplay) for allowing himself to be played and biting to everything.

Unvote: Carbomb

Vote: Swiftstrike

Sorry if I get this wrong, but I got to vote what I believe is scum, so will happily vote for a lynch on either three of the names I mentioned.

• Paid Members

So you have gone from me playing a clearly town game to a vote in the space of what 5 posts, a nice try at trying to split the town vote to get the no lynch you want sorry it won't work, you are playing so hard to save Trips he is obviously an important scum vote for you.

vote tripleA

Or maybe he thinks I'm town? which I am.

Odd how the second he votes Swift, Swift votes me. Panicking a bit there, Swift?

I'm not totally convinced by you Triple A, but I have stuck my neck out and said what I think, so am prepared to deal with whatever consequences happy as a result of this.

Too many players are just not saying enough, so I will do my bit and push my vote where I feel it belongs, but wish a few others would actually do a bit more.

Really hope I am not wrong!

Or maybe he thinks I'm town? which I am.

Odd how the second he votes Swift, Swift votes me. Panicking a bit there, Swift?

I'm not totally convinced by you Triple A, but I have stuck my neck out and said what I think, so am prepared to deal with whatever consequences happy as a result of this.

Too many players are just not saying enough, so I will do my bit and push my vote where I feel it belongs, but wish a few others would actually do a bit more.

Really hope I am not wrong!

Ebwop: Should be happen, not happy, but I am happy with my post and will only vote for Swiftstrike, Carbomb or TMS today.

Sorry but forgot to add, please link to any similar case TMS has ever brought up on any player in any other game, because I can't remember any.

I didn't think about the case on Triple A being out of his usual character at the time, but it popped into my head whilst reading something else, that it seemed a lot like something Swiftstrike would do.

He keeps a lot of notes and it would have been easy enough for him to come up with that case.

I don't like voting for a player like Swift based on nothing more than guesswork, but I feel strongly enough about it to submit a vote, as it just seems out of character for TMS and is something Swift would do if he is scum.

We let him slip by in a previous game by in the cowboy game, where he played us all for fools, so I will be damned if I will let him slip by again.

If you don't believe me, then vote me, but you will be another town member down.

If you want to vote Triple A, go ahead as I am unsure of his alignment, but my vote won't be going there.

• Paid Members

The things that's confusing me is that despite an addmitedly good case put against me, there's only Swift and TMS (I think) with a vote on me. Seeing as I know I'm town it looks to me like TMS tried to get the wagon started and nobody followed, so Swift has stuck his vote in to try and get it going again. Seeing as everyone usually follows Swift's word.

My bet is one of them is scum.

Archived