The Terrible, Interminably Boring Mafia Game

Nexus

• Paid Members

1. I think it was fair to say that I was a little busy with Snake needlessly trying to force my head in the noose last round to really take part in an awful lot of scum hunting. I'd have liked to, but sadly defending myself was priority number 1.

2. What post of SMS are you talking about in particular?

3. The main example is when I said blatantly that if I was scum I'd have killed TMS because he was the only one hassling me. Then one of your posts is asking who I meant. You also post quite a bit about just stuff you're thinking about, but it's not even like plans or stuff, it's just reitterating stuff that we all know, or "wondering" stuff that isn't really relevent. You're also falling into Mike Castle territory by implying towards people when they should or shouldn't vote, then using positive reinforcement. You're nowhere near as bad as him, mind.

One thing that has stood out to me though after I've thought about it a little bit more is the point Bristep made about the 3-man theory. In essence it's just harmlessly pointing out the possibilities, but then I thought more into it.

By saying that it's going to be either me or TMS as scum, and that it's not like all 3 of us are town, it opens an opportunity for the scum to capitalise.

Snake was town, I know for a fact I'm town, and obviously I'm unsure about TMS. TMS will be the same but with myself and him switched. This much is obvious.

Even if we're both town which is very possible, we'll still disagree that the other is, and by reinforcing that it's unlikely we're both town it means that most of the players in the game will pick sides with either me or TMS.

If we're both Town, the scum will pick us both off anyway.

I feel that me and TMS need to cool down going for each other and even if we think the other is scum, focus on scum-hunting others. If we keep up the way we're going it'll end exactly like the last round with the entire day overshadowed by 2 people having a back-and-forth. If we still feel strongly later on then come back to it when we have a better idea about the game. We're only on the second day and whilst the majority are still in the game it's very likely at this point we could both be town. Certainly more likely now than later.

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

1 So your saying that as a claimed town it was right for you to do no scum hunting and only defend yourself the whole day, plus heavily focus on trying to get Snake to role reveal which wasn't defending yourself.

2 The post I'm talking about I quoted in exactly the same post you pulled me up on the early in the day thing it's the one he suggests that in hoping for a good lynch = good being town = I was hoping for a town lynch. Now if I had been scum I wouldn't have had to HOPE for anything so it's a real reach and yet you make no mention of this post by him.

3 I asked as I had pushed you harder than TMS did and had my vote on you first, yet you seemed to try to claim only one person would be pushing you today which would hardly be the case, also I went back to the cowboy game, (a game I knew you had played scum) to see if that was true of what your actions where in that game, which actually they were not quite consistent with your claim here as you pushed for killing off the perceived better players in that game, (myself,Mike and Chris B) even though to be fair again I was chasing you down quite hard in that game as well for your none voting Lawz.

• Paid Members

1. I'm not saying it was right, but as you've already claimed, for the most part it looked like it was me or Snake going, and one person's vote could have easily swayed the wagon. If I stopped defending myself it could have easily put the entire game in the favour of Snake and I would be gone. I had no choice to defend myself as if I stopped I would have most likely been yesterday's lynch.

2. That is a bit of a bad twisting of words. I only pulled you up however as you've done it more than once. I'm sure you did a pretty odd one in the last game which someone pulled you up on.

3. I've said in the last game and this game that I have no problem voting for the strong players if it looks like there will be a randomly picked lynch. I'd rather take my chances with hitting scum on you or mike or whoever, than lynching someone like Corey in the last game who did bugger all and as a Town we would learn nothing from it even if he was a power role.

• Paid Members
3. I've said in the last game and this game that I have no problem voting for the strong players if it looks like there will be a randomly picked lynch. I'd rather take my chances with hitting scum on you or mike or whoever, than lynching someone like Corey in the last game who did bugger all and as a Town we would learn nothing from it even if he was a power role.

But your point was that if you are scum in this game that you would have killed off TMS as the person you claimed is the only person who was likely to be putting pressure on you this day phase where this is not true of what you did in your last game as scum so how can we be sure this would be what you would do in this game if you are scum? Also if you had killed TMS this game as scum you would be the no.1 suspect as scum for most everyone in this day phase so again how can you use this as an way of trying to clear yourself as not being scum?

• Paid Members

But your point was that if you are scum in this game that you would have killed off TMS as the person you claimed is the only person who was likely to be putting pressure on you this day phase where this is not true of what you did in your last game as scum so how can we be sure this would be what you would do in this game if you are scum? Also if you had killed TMS this game as scum you would be the no.1 suspect as scum for most everyone in this day phase so again how can you use this as an way of trying to clear yourself as not being scum?

Well for one in the last game it wasn't down to Me vs someone else so strongly in a phase. Everyone had their disagreements, but I was never targetted to strongly.

I've already pointed out in my initial post about TMS that if I did kill him, it'd be easy to just say "well it's obvious the scum did that to frame me". Which to be fair, the scum could have easily done.

• Paid Members
It's not a plan really is it?. It's just annoying someone and then shouting SCUM!
It was a plan, and one that annoyed a scum member, quite obviously, and in blatant need of shouting scum to alert everyone to it.

I can go on with the quoting and attempting to put across every bit of scummy behaviour TripleA has shown, but it

• Paid Members

Great job picking statements out of context from me there. I'm sure Snake is absolutely thrilled for you in the Scum forum.

Ignoring at all the "role-fishing" quotes that were just you twisting what I'd said, and taking into account the maybe 2 or 3 where I did ask for Snake to roleclaim; You seem to leave out the fact that not only had Snake hinted at numerous roles (none of them being power roles, or even good town roles either in the Jester, and Bomb), not only did he practically admit he was Vanilla, but he was nearing being lynched anyway. A roleclaim at any point in this game from Snake wouldn't have mind a single difference due to him spending the entire thing crying wolf. It wasn't scummy of me to ask, I was genuinly confused and wanted answers, and as a Town member had grown constantly tired of him wasting the entire day phase speaking in riddles. I can say that what Snake did would have been mint, had it worked at all. Instead you and him jumped on another town member and I defended myself any which way.

You may think my play has been scummy, but as many people point out, that's a normal thing for me. It didn't help matters that I was part of some absolute time-wasting plan by Snake, and then I have you going on and on and on. Fact of the matter is, Snake confused and irritated me by falsely accusing me for stumbling into his rubbish "trap". If you want to go ahead and try and off me today then so be it, but I urge everyone else not to buy into this dross. I'm town. Easily-irritated and confused town, but still town.

• Paid Members

I'd also like to add one more point, you also consistently look down on and criticise other peoples gameplay, I think snake pulled out a blinder, your own actions were scummy, you consistently looked out for yourself, nothing you posted actually looked to aid the town, it looked to get you in the clear! If in anyway shape or form you are town, it is your shocking gameplay not others that actually justifies your lynching! You add nothin to town, just your lowly self! You have not actively sought out scum, you have just twisted words of others away from you and back onto them, you have formed no bearing of a solid defence, you have just fought to swing the attention on your attackers!

You can not rest on crap defences as 'words out of context' read what iv put forward and you also can no rest on what seems to be the most stupid trump card in any game 'i always post scummy therefore I am not'

And I spew forth with weak wifom excuses? No longer! Account for yourself with at least a semblence of structure and reasoning to your actions so far

• Paid Members

Oh and additional, it's hard on an iPhone, the everyone knows line is a clever bit of recruiting, as long as one town latches onto that it enables other scum to back it up to and mak it look reaper than it actually is.

And to compound his desperation 'I AM TOWN! I AM TOWN! I AM TOWN!' tagline may help you go over to his side too, please note that he's actually the only one to force that in this game so far, not even Snake on his deathbed truly looked so desperate!

Archived