Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mark Sloan

Pro Wrestling Noah UK : Euro Nav '11 : DVD In Stock Onsale

I'm probably more excited to see UK Talent take on NOAH's stars then NOAH guy's take on their own. I'd like to see:-

Sha Samuels (Cos he's Sha fuckin' Samuels)

Dave Mastiff (Part of the famed 'Dark Match' and deserves a shot more then anyone imo)

Joel Redman (Belter of an opener against Aoki at '08)

Mark Haskins (Would his Dragon Gate tours prohibit this?)

AllStars (Would be an amazing oppotunity for these guys on a grander scale)

LDRs (Perhaps in the Dark Match?)

T-Bone (Love to see him get a shot on the show in a Dark Match)

Nick Riley (Dark Match)

Mark, you know..... I've been sensing some hostility between young Marufuji and young KENTA recently. You know what I think it would be a real nice thing to do to try and mend that relationship? Having them revive their team for one night only on a special UK show. Wouldn't that just be the most lovely thing? Of course it would probably lead to an incredible wrestling match, but that is obviously secondary to the mending of a frienship that was once so strong..... obviously.

and who could they face in this match, where once again wrestling quality is not important, but just a bonus...... hmmmm.... I don't know, maybe a team of regular NOAH gaijin that just so happened to challenge for the GHC tag belts three weeks ago, and could inspire Marufuji and KENTA by seeing how close their bond is.

The tag team of 2003-2005 vs. the tag team of 2010/2011???

Wow that would be some match..... but again this is PURELY IN THE INTEREST OF DOING A GOOD DEED.

Well here's what it says in the press release:

Roster

------

TBA, TBA, TBA, TBA, TBA, TBA, TBA, TBA, TBA, TBA,

TBA, TBA, TBA,

TBA, TBA, TBA,

So that suggests to me 10 NOAH natives, three US names and three UK guys.

So for the 10 NOAH names I would definitely think we'll see:

Takashi Sugiura - Current GHC Champion and has been NOAH's MVP for the past year. Has had great matches this year against Hirooki Goto, Togi Makabe, Takayama, Taniguchi, Akiyama, Shiozaki and Morishima. Seen as I hope he still holds the GHC Title come May, I'd love to see the belt defended (also selfishly because while I've seen both Tag Title's defended and the Jnr belt also, I've never seen the Heavyweight Title defended). Maybe against a UK guy who's not previously appeared on a supershow before?

KENTA - The man is NOAH for a lot of people. You can almost guarantee that KENTA is going to be in arguably the match of the night for whatever card he's on. I definitely can't wait to see him back in Europe.

Naomichi Marufuji - In my eyes, the best wrestler in the world right now. I know he's not everyone's cup of tea, but for me, I always enjoy his matches. He was good before his injury last year but when he returned, he had a six month run at the start of this year that was unparalled by anyone else. Definitely more for his matches as IWGP Jnr Champ than the ones in NOAH, but still. I love Marufuji and for me, he is another name synonymous with NOAH.

Go Shiozaki - The former GHC Champ and protege of Kenta Kobashi (although he's now in a disciples of Misawa stable with Ogawa and Suzuki). One of the very first times I saw him, he had one of my favourite live matches that still holds up to this day against Davey Richards. And the man has got exponentially better since then. Much like Marufuji, his work in NJPW and matches against NJPW talent in NOAH, has had more chance to shine, but he had two fantastic tag matches in August in the run up to his Title match against Sugiura, and that match against Sugiura was amazing as well, but what has really been Shiozaki's best match to date was his war against Kensuke Sasaki from July.

Takeshi Morishima - Have you seen Morishima lately? He's slimmed down to 06/07 levels and is diving out of the ring again. I mean, don't get me wrong, super super heavyweight Morishima was still awesome as his match against Mastiff showed, but he looks in so much better shape right now and his match against Sugiura was great. A third match against Mastiff has to happen. And I'm definitely happy if it's *this* Morishima against Mastiff because if we thought Mastiff doing the springboard arabian press was awesome, imagine if Morishima attempts his cartwheel splash in the corner or dives onto Mastiff on the outside.

Atsushi Aoki - For me, one of my favourite NOAH performers and I am absolutely thrilled he finally won a belt this year. If you've never seen an Aoki match before, go watch his match against KENTA from August this year. Or any of his matches against Prince Devitt. Aoki should have won the GHC Jnr belt a year ago if I was in charge of NOAH because he is probably one of the best Jnr's in the company right now. And now not only does he have the awesome mat skills and tenacity with the armbar, Aoki has started throwing the sickest headbutts and strikes I've ever seen to really round his game off. The feud with NJPW did wonders for him because he now looks like a star.

So that's 6 out of the 10 NOAH names I'd consider a lock. As for the other 4..... That's a lot tougher. Put the following names in the "maybe" column:

Kotaro Suzuki - Current GHC Jnr Heavyweight Champion. Had a bit of a quiet year due to injury, but his matches against KENTA and Kanemaru were really good. Has since joined a high profile Misawa tribute stable.

Yoshinobu Kanemaru - The former GHC Jnr Champ and he's already been to these shores this year, having a brilliant match against Zack Sabre Jnr. 2010 was definitely a "go" year for him as he can be considered lazy sometimes, but in his matches this year he has shown an energy and fire and shows that when he wants to have a good match, he can have a great match.

Taijiri Ishimori - A former GHC Jnr Tag Champion and 1/4th of that amazing tag match two years ago.

Ricky Marvin - A former GHC Jnr Tag Champion and current partner of Ishimori. Eventhough he's Mexican, I would definitely consider him a NOAH native now. I know Sloan is high on him as wasn't he supposed to be part of the original NOAH tour?

Shuhei Taniguchi - Currently NOAH's biggest prospect in the heavyweight ranks. Is having a great little mini-fued with Kensuke Sasaki and also had the match of his life against Sugiura in July.

Kensuke Sasaki & Katsuhiko Nakajima - Freelancers who have made their homes in NOAH for the past two years.

Yoshihiro Takayama & Takuma Sano - The current GHC Heavyweight Tag Champions.

Jun Akiyama, Yoshinari Ogawa & Akira Taue - All former GHC Heavyweight Champions.

So the maybe pile is a lot tougher. I'd definitely love to see Sasaki & Nakajima as two of the names.

As for the American gaijin, to pick three would be hard as well. I definitely couldn't even think of any locks due to the amount of talent they could use. So my maybe pile for the Americans:

Eddie Edwards - Will still be best known for being part of the incredible Tag match from the original show two and half years, but he is well on his way to becoming one of the best wrestlers in the world right now. Has a GHCJ nr Heavyweight Title shot coming up against Suzuki at the end of January, and I would love to see him on these shows.

Bobby Fish - 2010 and the EVOLVE promotion was a big part of his break out this year. Has had great matches against NOAH gaijin in Castagnoli, Hero & Danielson, and looked to have picked up his game in the few NOAH matches he had that were televised this year. Again, would love to see him on these shows.

Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli - The Kings have been on an absolute tear this year, and NOAH has been no exception for tham as their Tag Title match against Takayamo and Sano can testify. It has been too long since both Hero & Castagnoli have been on these shores.

Bison Smith - Had a great showing on the original NOAH tour weekend, has since held the GHC Heavyweight Tag straps with two different partners and also has a future GHC Heavyweight Title shot in his back-pocket.

So I'm at a loss picking the American gaijin. If it's Edwards, I'd want Fish with him as they make a great team, but then the Kings have to come together.

Now for the UK guys, I'd definitely put a lock on one:

Dave Mastiff - The original NOAH weekend was the kick-start of the awesome Dave. Don't get me wrong, when he came back from America this year the change was apparent, but I'd argue that working on the NOAH shows beforehand helped him tremendously. Has had a fantastic 2010 and the NOAH involvement has been very apparent with his matches against Morishima and Shiozaki, and the fact that he now wrestles more of a smarter Japanese style. Morishima vs Mastiff III *HAS* to happen. And I'd love for big bad Dave to earn a tour or two with the NOAH roster.

And now for the maybe column:

Zack Sabre Jnr - I would have put this guy down as a lock, but due to everyone else wanting The LDR's and Marty Scurll being such an obviously better fit for Dragon Gate, I thought I'd play it safe and maybe him. The great thing about Zack and his style of wrestling is that he obviously loves Puro. And better yet while his striking and technical side of wrestling would better suit NOAH or NJPW, Dragon Gate does have wrestlers that Zack could easily mesh with and he wouldn't look out of place there either. If Zack is on these shows, I know the obvious dream match is against KENTA..... But I think a match against Marufuji, with their wrestling skills, would be amazing.

Joel Redman - Was on the original NOAH weekend and had two good matches against Aoki and Marufuji. But, honestly and I know this is going to sound harsh, Dave Mastiff and Mark Haskins used that weekend to kick-start their careers in a big way, while I think Joel has progressed much more slowly (But when compared against the changes in Mastiff and Haskins, you'd be hard pressed to find two guys who have completely bettered themselves in many ways). The improvement in Joel is there, but I would love for a spot to go to someone new to try and give them the big break they need.

Terry Frazier or Sha Samuels - Honestly for me, the choice would've been Frazier, but She has had such an amazing 2010 that he deserves the shot as well. Terry has such great fire and I think he'd work against the NOAH guys well, but Sha has such brute force that he could go toe to toe with any NOAH heavyweight as well. Me, if I could fantasy book this, I'd have IPW:UK run a match against the two so not only does the winner gain a victory over the other, they also get a spot on the NOAH UK show, and perhaps even higher the stakes by saying the winners gets a GHC Heavyweight Title match against Takashi Sugiura.

But, yeah.

With the depth of talent I've just listed there......... How can these shows be anything less than amazing?

Roll on May!

I'd assume one, most likely both, of KENTA and Marufuji will be on, but I'd be happy with neither, especially Marufuji who has been over here a bunch of times now. That being said, I know prettu much everyone else loves them, and on an authentic NOAH show they would likely be on the bill, but I just thought I'd throw that out there, maybe see if anyone else agrees. I don't particularly get the hype for both men, although I do recognise that they have had great matches in the past against different people.

Honestly, to me, a NOAH show without KENTA or Marufuji isn't a NOAH show. I know when most people used to think NOAH they'd think Misawa, Kobashi, et al, but for me NOAH now is all about the next generation. The KENTA's, Marufuji's, Shiozaki's, Sugiura's, Morishima's et al.

I gots love for Mark Sloan. Found out about this yesterday and i've been so excited ever since. It blows my mind these days that we're even in a position to speculate what Japanese companies may come over to the UK, it would'nt have crossed our minds years ago.

I HOPE HOPE HOPE it's up North. Or even just 1 of the nights is up North

So many people want a north show! Myself I have a car and a railcard. Im prepared to travel wherever needed to be!

I'm interested now too see what AM will be bringing us for the end of 2011. If they manage to pull of NOAH and DG in one year much much love!

P.S I believe it says on the wXw site that Kobashi, Akiyama, KENTA, Marufuji and Minoru Suzuki of all people, are already confirmed

No it doesn't, it says previous Noah competitors to have graced Europe. Not one wrestler has been confirmed or announced.

Now I just gotta hope NJPW doesn't fall on the same weekend............ But while I've never seen NJPW live....... I really *really* wanna see NOAH again.

I haven't been on here in ages, so might have missed something... are you referring to a UK New Japan show?!

Anyhow this is awesome news. I prefer Dragon Gate to NOAH if I'm honest, but I still shan't be missing this. Kinda does sound a little like a NOAH plus US and UK indie stars type 'Supershow' more than a pure NOAH event from Mark's description though? Which is fine by me, though I may be wrong...

Now I just gotta hope NJPW doesn't fall on the same weekend............ But while I've never seen NJPW live....... I really *really* wanna see NOAH again.

I haven't been on here in ages, so might have missed something... are you referring to a UK New Japan show?!

Yeah....what's all this about then?