Snake's WWE Invasion 'Royal Mafia Rumble'

Snake Plissken

• Paid Members

Actually it was obvious. It was obvious because it's not up to us when a replacement happens. It's up to Snake, that's the beginning and end of it. If we believe someone's scum, or playing in a way that's harming the town (thus leading us to believe they may be scum) we can't just go "We'll wait for a replacement". That replacement may never come, and by the time people are considering that person's lynch we're nearing LyLo, which is the wrong time to be lynching people for not posting much if that winds up being why most would vote them.

So, it was obvious we couldn't "just have him replaced" because "WE" as a town, couldn't. It wasn't in our power to have him replaced, and even then, in the end he was put at L-1 and not replaced. If he hadn't been lynched then, he'd still be around now doing absolutely nothing and leaving people confused.

brownie I don't believe was acting in town's interests with what he was saying because he knew we couldn't just get him replaced and it would require Corey just outright not posting to get replaced. If Corey kept turning up and not helping out (which is all he did) then it would be perfect to keep him around for the scum, and if he gets replaced by a good player... well it's nice and easy for scum to take the guy out and brownie to say "see, I knew he was town, and Mike wanted him lynched" or some crap.

The simple fact is that brownie, if he's town, wouldn't know what alignment Corey was, and should have been suspicious of him. The fact he was pretty much the opposite, saying we should outright ignore Corey (and thus, ignore all low posters) stood out like a sore thumb, as we can't rely on an active lurker being replaced, as it wont happen.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'm a little concerned at Burchill, as it felt a little bit like he was buddying up to me there, and he's flown pretty far under my radar up until now. It's not much of a thing, because I do feel I was making good points, but I'm struggling to think of any strong cases anyone's made against him.

In the meantime, I'm a bit frustrated at the lack of movement in the game. As a result, despite the fact I think swift will use any vote I make against me, I'm going to push on my top suspect, as I really feel he's failed to explain his reasoning with Mike, and is now backtracking more towards 'I think he could be telling the truth'. With both Mike and Ron, I'm uncomfortable about the whole 'it's possible they could both be telling the truth', because it seems a risky play to me. There are other possibilities that seem, to me, to be more probable.

Vote: Ron Simmons

• Paid Members

Chris, even if you think I'm lying I'd say ask yourself whether I'm the best lynch right now? I'm telling the truth, but even if you think I'm not am I really the best pick to go? Also, if you think there's a chance I could be telling the truth - as I am - lynching me is a horrendous move. What exactly are you voting for me based on?

Family Guy PMSL is getting off in a stunning way for his prior 'I know you're town' comment to me and his general scummy way. I can't believe I have more votes than him.

• Paid Members

And hang on, Chris - having reread your post you say I'm 'backtracking towards saying Mike might be telling the truth. That's nonsense. I've not said that at all, I've actually said do you not think town members would lie for their own benefit? There's no reason for that not to happen when it's in a 'life-saving' way - heck, I even toyed with the possibility of Mike being scum. I don't think he is, but I find his claim tough to swallow. Unless I misunderstood what you meant/were referring to that's an untrue comment you've just made.

• Paid Members
Chris, I really struggle to see why you'd think I'm a suspect at this stage. Not only was I the turning point in Nexus's lynch when I placed an argument against him rather than the bandwagoned Dan Williams, but I've played a very pro-town game. 1) I have doubts about Mike's claim, but just because it's improbable doesn't mean it's impossible. Also, in spite of the fact he's made a dodgy game he's played a pro-town game overall in my opinion. 2) Unless the scum have decided to have a player play the game as normal, just to ensure one lived till the end. But if this was their plan I'm not sure why they'd pick Mike Castle for this role when he's generally one of the most suspicious players each game. I don't mean that he's a bad player, but it's just his playstyle that implicates him. He might eventually turn out to be scum, but I don't think he's even close to being the best lynch right now. I'm not convinced by any case against him yet.

1) I saw that as backtracking, and that's what I was referring to.

2) What the hell does this mean? Surely the point of scum play is to 'play the game as normal'? You're just describing Mafia tactics 101. Unless I'm misunderstanding you.

• Paid Members

But do you actually think I'm playing a scummy game?

What I mean by (2) is that the scum may have decided to have a player play a 'town'' game to guarantee one stays alive. For example, Mile may have made the vigilante 'spot', reported it on the scum thread and after discussion the scum decided rather than to kill me (particularly after night one's 'one death') they could use it to make a member look like he's playing for the town. But given his Nexus push I doubt that's likely. Even less likely if they genuinely thought I was a vigilante.

• Paid Members
There are other possibilities that seem, to me, to be more probable.

Such as?

That one of you is lying and is either scum or a SK.

My only issue with this is, where's the explanation for 1 kill night 1, 3 night 2, and 1 last night? That to me suggests the PGO claim is likely at the moment. Which would therefore mean Ron wouldn't be the one lying out of us (if one of is, as you say). Yet you're voting him. On the other side, I wasn't about to be lynched, and felt Ron was possibly the SK when I claimed my Bomb role. If I was scum I'd have just kept pushing on Ron, as I easily think I could have had him lynched on the SK thing had I not reigned myself in, it was only after spending time thinking about it that I realized Snake is the type to put two passive roles like that in.

The lack of Night Kills (barring the single scum one) on nights 1 and 3 mean it's unlikely we have a SK. This means Ron should be telling the truth because of how we had two players die on night 2 (If we hadn't had that, then I'd be doubting his PGO claim more, especially with his "town would lie if it would save themselves" stuff... which would be anti-town, and require lynching instantly it was shown that they were lying).

Obviously I'd also say that the timing of my Bomb claim should show I was being honest, but it's not me it needs to come from it needs others to think it for themselves.

I definitely don't think Ron is a good lynch today. Obviously I still like the brownie direction but it's also obvious things wont lead to a brownie lynch today. I'm still going to work on us having 4 scum left, and brownie and swift could be two of them. That still leaves two others as well, and I'd still like to see more activity from some of the other players, because having inactive slots is annoying as all hell, and fucks over the town.

• Paid Members

Mike, that's actually a really well thought out post, and you've just defended Ron better than he has himself. I'd possibly gotten hung up on so much on one of you lying that I fixated on it somewhat.

Assuming you're telling the truth - and since you're defending Ron so much now, I'm actually thinking that you are, as it'd be so easy for you to lead the wagon on him right now - then the only other option goes as follows:

Ron gets roleblocked on nights one and three, and the doctor targets nexus on night two. That's still definitely possible, although it's a slight stretch. We've not had anyone else claim PGO, and that would have sailed Ron up the river, since the two night kills are most likely explained by a PGO.

So, yeah - that was a hell of an argument. Nice one.

Unvote

Ron, do you want to clarify your argument on Family Guy?

• Paid Members

You three are my biggest suspects at this point, though I am a little concerned with the Chris Stone slot (what with the severe lack of posting. But that's unnerving me because even if he's town, it's going to be problematic for town, and if he winds up being modkilled as town, could completely fuck the town over), and I'm a bit off with Wolfvinson, but that's more of a gut thing than anything else. I'd also be lying if I wasn't a little worried about swift and Chris pushing each other in a planned move. But I don't really feel Chris is scum beyond that little niggle. So would be unwilling to vote him at this stage.

Also, Mod, can we have a prod on the following players:

3. (Kane) Swiftstrike

5. (Randy Orton) Family Guy PMSL

6. (CM Punk) Dan Williams

9. (HHH) Chris Stone

17. (Rey Mysterio) Wolfvinson

18. (MVP) Lawz

None of whom have posted in the last 48 hours (Chris Stone and Lawz have both not posted yet this day phase).

Also, according to the rules (Number 11 for those who wish to check) we need two players to ask for prods... so can someone else request a prod on the same list of players?

I know it's a bit harsh prodding Dan and swift who have been gone only slightly above the 48 hours, and it's been New Years, but I figure a mass prod of those above might get more activity going so we can find scum, as I'd say at most only two of that group could be scum, the rest would be town, and I'd rather 4 fresh town players got their arses in gear and helped us some here, as for all any of us here now know, those we're trying to "convince" of our cases against others are scum "with" the players we're calling scum.

• Paid Members
Also, Mod, can we have a prod on the following players:

3. (Kane) Swiftstrike

5. (Randy Orton) Family Guy PMSL

6. (CM Punk) Dan Williams

9. (HHH) Chris Stone

17. (Rey Mysterio) Wolfvinson

18. (MVP) Lawz

Mod, Prod request seconded (especially as a couple of those have posted elsewhere on the forum).

Archived