Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

I doubt Miller would take that option at this stage in his career.

He's still an international player who's generating interest south of the border.

If he fails to come to an agreement with Rangers he'll probably see a move to the mid to lower level of the Premiership in January.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I doubt Miller would take that option at this stage in his career.

He's still an international player who's generating interest south of the border.

If he fails to come to an agreement with Rangers he'll probably see a move to the mid to lower level of the Premiership in January.

He was crap last time he was in the prem and if Boyd could not get to a prem club Kenny has no chance.

He was crap last time he was in the prem and if Boyd could not get to a prem club Kenny has no chance.

I guess we'll have to wait and see then.

The chances are, if he actually leaves Rangers that some club will be able to pick him up relatively cheap, so that may sway a few opinions of managers who's clubs are sitting near the bottom of the table come January.

Anyway, my main point was that I doubt he'll move to the middle east.

I guess we'll have to wait and see then.

The chances are, if he actually leaves Rangers that some club will be able to pick him up relatively cheap, so that may sway a few opinions of managers who's clubs are sitting near the bottom of the table come January.

Anyway, my main point was that I doubt he'll move to the middle east.

A huge tax free wage packet and endless access to real sun might sway him.

I tend to agree with you though. He clearly values playing for Scotland highly and a move there would probably kill that off. I see a January escape to the bottom end of the Premiership with Rangers picking up a token payment.

I think it amazing that even with the CL funds all but in their account Rangers are not willing to match his current wage. That's all he is asking for if the papers are to be believed.

Scotland's starting 11 tonight is ...

McGregor, Hutton, Weir, McManus, Whittaker, McCulloch, Naismith, Brown, Fletcher, Robson, Miller

Good to see Naismith being rewarded for his performances with a spot in the Scotland side. Kenny Miller has been on good form recently, but up front of his own, no doubt he'll be performing his headless chicken act again.

• Paid Members
Ah, but he plays for Motherwell. I think you have to play in England or play for Rangers or Celtic to really stand a chance. Oh, or Dundee United as well.

The very second Ricky Foster makes it into a Scotland squad Levein should be dismissed!

I actually have a bet on with a mate of mine that he would never get a Scotland cap. No that he plays for Rangers its a lot more likely. :angry:

I have to admit to being one of those people that was suckered into believing that Levein would be different from other Scotland managers.

I thought he would be the one to give non Old Firm players their shot, and change the trend of picking lower-league English players instead of homegrown lads who are performing in the SPL every week.

Aside from giving a few of his old Dundee United players a crack, he's not been the manager i'd hoped for.

It is only two matches into his spell in charge. What do you suggest, he calls up David Mitchell from Stranraer?

By and large, I don't see who is missing from the squads that other people would call up. I'd probably ditch Alexander at Rangers, but that is more I think players should be playing for their clubs.

It is only two matches into his spell in charge. What do you suggest, he calls up David Mitchell from Stranraer?

No, I suggest he should have called up Mark Reynolds, who has been one of the most consistent defenders in the Scottish game for the past four years.

Despite having played over 160 times for a Motherwell side that has finished in the top 6 regularly, and even finished 3rd a few years ago, and being only 23 years old he has yet to see any signs of a call-up to a squad that has boasted the likes of Gary Kenneth, Paul Dixon and Kevin McNaughton.

Even Kirk fucking Broadfoot has seen more international action than Reynolds and he played only 12 times for a poor Rangers side in the league last season.

Broadfoot has also been included in the squad for Lithuania as well.

It's a fucking joke.

• Paid Members

No, I suggest he should have called up Mark Reynolds, who has been one of the most consistent defenders in the Scottish game for the past four years.

Despite having played over 160 times for a Motherwell side that has finished in the top 6 regularly, and even finished 3rd a few years ago, and being only 23 years old he has yet to see any signs of a call-up to a squad that has boasted the likes of Gary Kenneth, Paul Dixon and Kevin McNaughton.

Even Kirk fucking Broadfoot has seen more international action than Reynolds and he played only 12 times for a poor Rangers side in the league last season.

It's a fucking joke.

It doesn't happen very often but I agree 100% with you here David.

It's a fucking joke.

It doesn't happen very often but I agree 100% with you here David.

But...... I don't think this is the game to be doing it. This is arguably the most important game of the qualifiers. If we can win this it becomes a straight fight between us and the Czech Republic for second.

Reynolds should have been in the squad for the friendlies but we need a team of settled International footballers tonight (regardless of their perceived ability).

Motherwell have signed Alan Gow;

Following a successful medical, Alan Gow today completed his move to Motherwell and spoke of his admiration for both Craig Brown and Archie Knox.

Gow, who can count Falkirk, Rangers, Hibs, Blackpool and Plymouth amongst his former clubs, passed an examination this morning before meeting the press at lunchtime.

There, he explained how much Brown played an influence in his decision, and how pleased he was to be at Fir Park for at least six months.

"It's good to sort my future out and hopefully I can get back playing as soon as possible," he said.

"I've just been keeping myself fit and waiting to sign somewhere eventually. I'm just looking forward to playing now.

"I spoke to a few clubs. But I've probably made a few moves that I shouldn't have and this time I wanted to take my time making a decision and find somewhere that suited me."

Archived