Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

I still don't buy the super Celtic argument the media and certain Celtic fans are flaunting though. They are certainly a better side than us ability wise but we'd always been able to handle them with our technical game. The team that, let's be honest, demolished us on Sunday wasn't that much different to the team we papped aside in October. They were still comfortably defeating other SPL teams in october when we beat them 3-1. Scott Brown had never kicked his own arse in an Old Firm game before the cup game. Even Celtic fans thought of him as over-rated. Now suddenly he's the Scottish Xavi. I think us signing Diouf helped him in a strange, round about way because he's got somebody to wind up and Scott Brown always plays well when he's got somebody to wind up. He certainly performed well in the last 2 games but I don't buy the hype that he's suddenly a world class midfielder.

Hate to say I told you so...

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it just me or does that photo look a bit iffy?

Taking it from left to right, the reflection on the inside of the wall looks strange, the hoarding on the left hand side of the text looks completely different from the other side even though it's less than a foot along, the corner flag looks unlike any corner flag i've ever seen, and it looks as though the ball has been photoshopped into Diouf's hands.

In fact, the whole thing looks like a photoshopped job.

What paper was this in? A credible one?

Is it just me or does that photo look a bit iffy?

Taking it from left to right, the reflection on the inside of the wall looks strange, the hoarding on the left hand side of the text looks completely different from the other side even though it's less than a foot along, the corner flag looks unlike any corner flag i've ever seen, and it looks as though the ball has been photoshopped into Diouf's hands.

In fact, the whole thing looks like a photoshopped job.

What paper was this in? A credible one?

News Of The World.

He was actually singing "Just can't get enough" but they've turned his arms upside town with photoshop. Clearly. :music:

It was in the News of the World. Surprise surprise. It has been completely doctored to suit their own purposes. That does not absolve this idiot.This singular muppet doing this kind of thing in Celtic Park: there are racists in every walk of life, so it's bound to come out at football as well) deserves to be banned.

However.

Thousands of Huns lay waste to Manchester - an undesirable minority.

Thousands of Huns sing the Famine Song, home and away, which has been decreed by law as racist and outlawed - an undesirable minority. Undesirable minority. Did you catch that? A minority. We must remember this.

One Celtic fan in the Broomloan end of Ibrox with an Argentina shirt - front page news, "do you know this man?" The same thing applies here. I would not wipe my arse with rags like the News of the World.

Anyways, onto more important matters. A very disappointing result today that will bring people back down to earth a bit. Ally, your smugness holds no place in this thread. I have always been complimentary of my team whilst remaining cautious. I've been holding off on celebrating too much because I knew a result like this wasn't too far away. To be a bit more philosophical about it; if you'd let me choose, I would rather lose to Motherwell on their own sand box and skelp three past your mob of scum at Paradise.

I still believe we are the best team in the country who had a very bad day at the office. No complaints (well, except that it took nine fouls for Forbes to be booked): we weren't good enough today. Two mistakes proved fatal for us. I am not too worried as I view this as a blip rather than the start of something. We have the best players, and we will pick ourselves up.

It was in the News of the World. Surprise surprise. It has been completely doctored to suit their own purposes. That does not absolve this idiot.This singular muppet doing this kind of thing in Celtic Park: there are racists in every walk of life, so it's bound to come out at football as well) deserves to be banned.

However.

Thousands of Huns lay waste to Manchester - an undesirable minority.

Thousands of Huns sing the Famine Song, home and away, which has been decreed by law as racist and outlawed - an undesirable minority. Undesirable minority. Did you catch that? A minority. We must remember this.

One Celtic fan in the Broomloan end of Ibrox with an Argentina shirt - front page news, "do you know this man?" The same thing applies here. I would not wipe my arse with rags like the News of the World.

If in doubt, sweep it under the carpet.

Edit: Then blame the big bad huns.

:laugh:

You are a fucking moron. David and I are both saying the cunt should be turfed out and banned from Celtic Park. Then again, I suppose it doesn't fit your agenda to read the information in front of you. Anything to deflect the attention from the famous light blue of the Rangers.

You are a fucking moron. David and I are both saying the cunt should be turfed out and banned from Celtic Park. Then again, I suppose it doesn't fit your agenda to read the information in front of you. Anything to deflect the attention from the famous light blue of the Rangers.

Didn't you call the photo "doctored"

News Of The World.

You'll forgive me for saying that this fact makes me all the more dubious of the photo. It looks iffy to me.

If it is real though, then hopefully the guy gets caught and dealt with.

Of course.

Sweep, Sweep.

I'm a Motherwell fan, so why would I want it swept under the carpet?

diouf.jpg

av3ozo.jpg

By that picture's reckoning, the copper, the W2 sign and the ballboy have mysteriously disappeared in the NOTWs conclusive proof. Also, the corner flag looks to be in the correct position in the picture that has, you know, not been tampered with. I'm sure the NOTW have a decent explanation flag for why the corner flag is residing behind a barrier in their picture, floating feet from the ground, in with the punters.

Oh, and the position Diouf is in? He will be blootering that corner into the Jock Stein upper then, I take it?

Archived