Dragon Gate UK : Shingo v Yokosuka 2 DVD Released!

Mark Sloan

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
any updates for us Mark?

Absolutely.

State of Play as of today.

Night 1

Serious but stable situation.

Footage details...

Bonus Match - 3 Camera footage 95% complete. This will be unoticable - Scheduled to be edited Monday

Joey Hayes V Cyber Kong - Currently Main Cam only

Lion Kid v Mark Haskins - Main Cam first 50%, 3 Camera for 2nd half - Edited.

Shingo v Yokosuka - Currently 2 Cameras although the last 2 minutes only from the main cam

Doi v Yamato - 3 Camera footage all there being edited Today/Sun

6 Man Tag - 3 Camera footage all there being edited Tuesday

Deciding currently on if we want commentry, graphics are done.

Extras are being discussed, hoping for some crackers.

I had to recover the entire Doi/Yamato match from both Ringside Cameras and half the bonus match myself as the company who supplied the camera have failed to recify their error and have stopped co-opperating, I have had to learn how to fix corrupt HD footage, sounds expensive! You would [ay a fortune to get this sorted and because of the camera companies refusal to fix their error,I have to teach myself to do it. It's made my time very shallow since the shows. I can say no more right now because -->. I was at multiple solicitors on Thursday, I don't think this is going to get sorted the easy way.

Night 2

95% edited, Looks beautiful, watched the whole show back last night, my team have done an excellent job with the editing, this is the first full show I have watched from any company since DGUK1 last year, as is a great show. I love the Marty Scurll v Cyber Kong match.

The 5% is a missing piece of footage* see above.

Extras are being discussed, hoping for some crackers.

This title won't be too long.

--------------------------

We'll be sending Night 2's out seperately (at our expensive of course) as soon as it is ready and rest assured we're working some silly hours trying to do justice to the shows. I would be surpised if anybody could tell the battles we have been (and continue to face) with these productions. They are worth the wait.

I best get my DVDs orderd then!

Hope you take that company to the cleaners!

I have been advised to say little about the company. All I can say is when I went to my socilitors and saw the size of (and how cool) their offices were, I was confident these were the people to get solid advice from. They explained to me all the possibilities and proceedings are underway. I can only apologise for the delay, we paid pro money for pro equipment and the service we recieved (and to this day) has been something I would never have expected from anybody who have BBC, ITV and Sky Sports as regular clientel. I'll be buying the equipment next year fo sure.

Just a suggestion Mark, but any chance you could include the option to watch the DVD with commentary, and without it?

Personally I'd like to be able pick up on a few things I may have missed at the show (ie move names etc) from a commentary perspective, and then watch again with just the sounds of those in attendance...

As I say just a thought :)

Just a suggestion Mark, but any chance you could include the option to watch the DVD with commentary, and without it?

Personally I'd like to be able pick up on a few things I may have missed at the show (ie move names etc) from a commentary perspective, and then watch again with just the sounds of those in attendance...

As I say just a thought :)

Tried it last year and it worked, well unless you tried to use the disc on a Playstation in which case it couldn't decide which audio stream to play and wouldn't let you watch the show, had to be used on a different DVD player, we're looking into it. We're discussing which commentry team to approach too, as to be honest I watched the show with no commentry and i don't know if it needs it.

suggestion re: commentary if you're going to do it.

Have no commentary as the main track, and a commentary track that isn't traditional "live play by play" commentary but more an alternate commentary type thing that you could use some of the wrestlers for (Scurrl, Haskins and Lion Kid if he speaks!). While they would of course be talking about the action going on, they could also splice in stories, comments, jokes etc. Just have it be a real chilled thing, just getting their natural reactions as they watch the show. You yourself could sit in on some of the matches Mark, maybe Andy the ref if he's around etc. etc.

I think it would be really cool.

which match is the missing 5% from?

and when you say the title won't be too long, what do you mean? The show was a fairly good length if I remember right. At least 2-2.5 hrs.

suggestion re: commentary if you're going to do it.

Have no commentary as the main track, and a commentary track that isn't traditional "live play by play" commentary but more an alternate commentary type thing that you could use some of the wrestlers for (Scurrl, Haskins and Lion Kid if he speaks!). While they would of course be talking about the action going on, they could also splice in stories, comments, jokes etc. Just have it be a real chilled thing, just getting their natural reactions as they watch the show. You yourself could sit in on some of the matches Mark, maybe Andy the ref if he's around etc. etc.

I think it would be really cool.

which match is the missing 5% from?

and when you say the title won't be too long, what do you mean? The show was a fairly good length if I remember right. At least 2-2.5 hrs.

The above won't be included on the DVD but something we have been talking about in another form.

The title won't be long before released i hope. The show is of good length.

Small bit of footage missing is from one of the matches, we're trying to fix it, if we don't you won't even notice. So do not worry!

Archived