Dragon Gate UK : Shingo v Yokosuka 2 DVD Released!

Mark Sloan

You shot it in HD Mark? Don't suppose a blu-ray release would be financially viable would it? I'd love to see the shows in HD! Is it just the handheld cameras that have lost footage or the big on on the stand too?

I wonder who got a trip to Japan, my money's on Marty Scurll.

Regarding Lion Kid, I know lots of people didn't like him/think he fitted in particularly well (including me, tbh), but the dude had to put up with so much shit from the fans and still went out there, wrestled quite long matches and got dropped on his head for our amusement. Hats off to the guy from me.

Thanks again for putting these shows on Mark, aside from letting me see my favourite wrestlers live, I also feel like I should go to some Brit shows now and check out some more of The LDRS and such!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You shot it in HD Mark? Don't suppose a blu-ray release would be financially viable would it? I'd love to see the shows in HD! Is it just the handheld cameras that have lost footage or the big on on the stand too?

Regarding Lion Kid, I know lots of people didn't like him/think he fitted in particularly well (including me, tbh), but the dude had to put up with so much shit from the fans and still went out there, wrestled quite long matches and got dropped on his head for our amusement. Hats off to the guy from me.

Thanks again for putting these shows on Mark, aside from letting me see my favourite wrestlers live, I also feel like I should go to some Brit shows now and check out some more of The LDRS and such!

In regards to lion kid, for me the gimmick is a bit hit/miss but because he plays it 100% and never gives in to the comments, it makes him look better all for it. And even though he does get alot of stick, id imagine most of it is in gest, (for example everbody singing in the jungle was gold).

I managed to grab a word with him saying mostly just that! And he said he loves and and wouldnt have it any other way.

So fair play him! And although id love to see scurl in japan (and he more than deserves it) i wouldnt mind seeing the kid over ther either, in which i think he'd fit in very well!

Big ups to lion kid!

Thank you Mark for all the effort. Both of the shows were truly fantastic! I thoroughly enjoyed. :-)

I agree with you that some of the guys in the audience at the first show were annoying. They kept shouting "fuck you CIMA!" and CIMA looked very upset. They were also shouting "we love Japs!". I think the Japanese wrestlers were confused. I know in Europe it doesn't mean much to call the Japanese 'Japs' but in the US it's quite different. Wrestlers wouldn't like it because they know that in the US Japanese wrestlers used to be regarded as 'dirty Japs' in the 1980's and earlier.

Here are some translations of blog posts from DG Wrestlers:

Yamato:

"It was my very first European tour. Thanks to the encouragement of the super passionate European fans I could survive the very tight schedule. European fans enjoy wrestling genuinely. When I see them I remember how much I enjoyed watching wrestling as a fan. Setting aside the results of the three matches, I found several weaknesses that I have to overcome. This trip was useful to locate them. There is no time to have a break. We are going to Yokohama now."

CIMA

"Gooday. Arrived in Japan in the morning and came home by car. I was meant to go to the gym immediately but as soon as I opened the door of the house I lied down and fell a sleep. But I am leaving for the gym now. The photo is the venue of one of the DGUK shows. The ring, the gate, etc. are all authentic--just like what we have in Japan. When the show starts there is Dragon Storrrm!! We can feel the dedication of the promoters and that makes us excited too!! (http://spora.jp/cima/file/2962/high_aW1hZ2UFHQ.jpeg)"

Yokosuka:

"Came back...not from a school trip but from a European tour! Man, I am so exhausted--but it was once again a fantastic tour in Europe!! The schedule was extremely tight and I am exhausted, but I also learned a lot from the tour. But! Is the next tour in Japan already starting from day after tomorrow?! I will try to have a rest today at least...I hope."

Indeed we did. It's possible but highly unlikely at this point.

The problems arose as you have to film on memory cards, which only fit a certain amount of footage and the card reader didn't arrive, due to their incompetence and they wouldn't do anything about it, eventually they sent a latop down and pieces of footage appear to be lost. Night 2 is perfect. Night 1 is going to be hardwork for us, but I think the only thing you will notice is that there is only 2 cameras on view on the first 3 matches unless any footage can be recovered. I'll be speaking to my legal guys to see how I can get this rectified.

Marty did do pretty well and caught the eye of DG management for sure.

As i said before I have spoken privately with a few fans regarding the Lion Kid crowd reaction. I just didn't see it live or watching the footage back. A few very loud fans do not make a couldron of hate, which is what some of the people on here seem to be implying, he had some very vocal detractors and that seemed to silence not just other crowd members but also gave off the impression that there was more "shit" than there was.

On night 2 Yoshino spoke to him in the ring after the match, which will be revealed soon enough and when the show finished.at the end he was pretty reluctant, as he is so respectful, to join the rest of the DG roster in the ring to end the show, but is waved in by Yoshino and CIMA holds the ropes open for him and they are all very cool with "Liono" I know his matches were very well recieved from the back.

I don't think that Lion Kid or Haskins were on form AT all at Broxbourne, and Haskins takes his responsibilities for that and both men stepped it up on the second night. The comment of "Yoshino carried the match" is pretty ignorant to how it actually works, but I say that not as an insult just as it is best to not make blanket claims without knowing the situation. I think their match for night 2 was spot on for the place on the card and both competitors know this.

i may have allready mentioned this (and although i cant comment on night 1) i thought the yoshino/kid match was better (action wise) than the yoshino/dragon kid match from last year.

my personal opinion by Lion kid gave an excellent showing during his match, and impressed me! I do think marty deserves the shot a bit more than lion kid (as his matchs have really spoken for them selves) but i just randomly think the lion kid gimmick would go down well in japan! Hope they both get a call!

Which venue did people prefer? I far prefered Broxbourne, but that may be down to the fact we had tiered seating in the 3rd row which arguably had a better view than ringside.

Funny reading other peoples reviews, juts how opinions differ and all. I far prefered night one, not that there was anything even remotely wrong with night 2. But I think some of that could have been hangover from Friday. A ridiculous amount of beer was taken on board.

• Paid Members

Having been to Broxbourne so many times I have to say it is a great venue, but I really like Burgess Hall. It was only when I got inside that I realised I had been there before many moons ago, and I have to say we did not draw anywhere near what DG did. :(

I guess that it would be easier logistically if they come back next year to do 2 shows in the same venue, but I did like going to 2 different venues, as has been pointed out both nights had a different atmosphere, and as I have said I preffered night 2 overall

^ He actually did tap. Had a spot on view from where we were.

Is it actually possible to tap in that hold? It just occurred to me that both the arms are being stretched.

He tapped, it was a very small movement but it was there and straight away, the nod was probably what the ref called.

Archived