Dragon Gate UK : Shingo v Yokosuka 2 DVD Released!

Mark Sloan

Also did anybody see the different japanese photographers taking pictures? Just out of interest, is this being covered for the Jap media?

ALso also i think Yamato was handing out posters for the event on the way for night 2. I didnt click until he was on, so i thought it was a all round class act showing from the DG boys!

Yes it was.

Yamato? He bares some resemblence to Shingo, but Yamato???? Lol

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good updates, will be cool to see which of the UK guys got a spot for a japan trip!

In reference to the needless chants, (i went to night 2) i found for the most part it was all good, although some random group of 2-3 people in the back of block b......decieded to just talk/chant random crap all the way through the main event, which i was so confussed about as the rest of the show they had been totally fine, and with pac/haskins in the main event........it was a pretty big match for the DGUK fans (i thought anyway).

All in all, id say that show was better than last years show (although a shame jonny storm couldnt make it), and i got to meet loads more of the guys (may have allready mentioned but i had a decent chat with lion kid during the break, as well as yoshino!).

Thanks again mark, great show on night 2, and id imagine night 1 was just as epic! Hopfully they'll be back next year, and i cant wait to find out!

Cheer again!

At first I was taken aback at how much smaller the Burgess Civic Hall was than Broxbourne. Which made the fact that this show wasn't a sell out more of a shame, but the crowd never let that show at all. And again I had another great seat right in the heart of the action - Ironically I was sat next to the same guy from the night before as well - So again another thank you to Mark Sloan for that. I was happier with the stage for this show as there at least was a ramp that lead right down to the ring in the center, although it did seem the two video screens were miles apart and out of the way for the visual side of things.

I really liked the Burgess hall, it's one of the best wrestling venues I have been in for its size, in my opinion. As mentioned before every seat that was there was sold. We couldn't have fit many more people in

In reference to the needless chants, (i went to night 2) i found for the most part it was all good, although some random group of 2-3 people in the back of block b......decieded to just talk/chant random crap all the way through the main event, which i was so confussed about as the rest of the show they had been totally fine, and with pac/haskins in the main event........it was a pretty big match for the DGUK fans (i thought anyway).

It wans't just me, althought the majority of it was night 1..................

I was sat front and center by the entrance bit on both nights, in exactly the same seat. On night 1 the guys to my right were really, really drunk and one of them was filming the whole thing on his phone. :S They also thought they were great at chanting and I even heard one say to another "It's just you and me man! We're like...the only 2 here that have ever been to a wrestling show before.", glad they weren't at/near me on night 2.

That being said, the said bell ends that were seated in my area were way out of order with their shouting that they hoped Lion Kid would die etc. Complete and total dicks!

There were a few pockets of "Total Non-Stop Chanting",

one guy was getting quite annoying. The guy with the hat always chanting WE WANT SHINGO! and just happned to bring a japanise flag saying 'Shingo is SHIT' :laugh:

Really enjoyed last night with the exceptions of some bells in the crowd although there were some class chants as well.

There are more references, these were just some of them.

See now ive heard he did it in the USA and in germany now...............WHY NO DANCE FOR US? Althought to be honest i was looking forward to see him in is non BxB Hulk persona i saw on the infinity shows a while back. Although i laughed at the bald chants, and his panto style reaction!

As mentioned before he doesn't do it in Japan any longer

I do believe I was! I ended up driving home from the show yesterday so wouldn't have needed the lift, but thanks for the offer regardless.

And I do believe there were a fair few people in that Travelodge, specifically the ROH guys who may or may not have been the ones dicking around at 3am a couple of doors down from me. I didn't mind cos I was still up at that time.

Yeah, all the guys except me were in that Travelodge: I was close enough to home to drive back for the night and save a few quid on a hotel room. Can't guarantee if they still up at 3am though.

As for DK vs. Pac, they are definitely having A match soon over the Brave Gate title, hence the post match stuff. Don't know where but it will likely be in the next month or so.

Dragon Kid is Pac's first challenger to the belt. It seems that tempers boiled over at the end, with Pac having pinned him twice over the 2 days.

Some thoughts on night 1, the bits in the quotes are C&P from my twitter which had all the results as I said it would, I've then added some more thoughts having had more time to think about things...

Overall, even though I wouldn't say any of the matches were bad, I think it could be looked at that the matches with the full fledged DG roster clearly surpassed the matches with the UK talent, and that left the show a bit unbalanced - like three proper matches and the Cyber Kong match designed as an opener, and oh here's some UK talent too. Now, while I like my British wrestling, and will continue to support it, I'd be a little less excited about future DG shows in the UK if presented in quite the same fashion. There's room for matcches with UK talent - Jonny Storm and Marty Scurll vs Real Hazard was a lot of fun last year - but it has to be done in the right way...

Kinda gutted I couldn't go to St Ives, as it sounds like it might have been an even better show, but seriously, what's with the running places in the middle of nowhere? Here's hoping for a Saturday night at The Regal in Oxford next year. There has to be a next year... RIGHT?

This is the one report that really confuses me, which is strange because this guy is normally spot on with my own personal thoughts.

Firstly, St Ives isn't in the middle of nowhere, is it a little akward to get there? maybe so, but nobody had heard of the Regal last year and that it was akward to get there and now it is seen as a good venue. Had there been a train station in St Ives, this would have been our home for a while. We'll never be able to get a Saturday at the Regal, it's a nightclub, There would take around

If the next show is around the same time its gonna feel like years away from now. Maybe have 2 shows a year eh? One can dream ;)

We had two shows this year, but I think you mean two spaced out. I think that maybe that would saturate it a little, many fans have said DGUSA run too often and have now seen most of the matches they wanted to see. I wouldn't have thought any import promotion would be over more that once a year

Any news on when the DVD's are out? I sure hope it's ASAP seeing as I couldn't attend :(

See the update. Broxbourne may end up being a bit ropey as far as the multicamera element is concerned. However St Ives is perfect. The footage is incredible. I will start on some trailers soon........

Someone has uploaded a fan cam of the last half of the Doi/Hulk vs. Shingo/Yamato match from Night II on Youtube if anyone wants to see it.

The more people that do this the less viable the shows become. It's upto you of course. Everybody likes something for free but if you would rather watch a grainy shakey version of the shows there isn't much I can do about it. If I want to watch a film, say the Matrix, I wouldn't watch it shot on a phone, I would want to see it in its optimum quality, but each to their own. I don't believe they are still up.

• Paid Members

I haven't posted yet on this, partly out of being busy, and partly due to not being quite sure how to articulate the unabounded awesomeness the Broxbourne show brought me. I've not attended a live show in this country for a number of years (mostly the old FWA shows between 2001 and 2003/4 ish). But I'm really glad I did! The card from top to bottom was awesome!

I wasn't a huge DG fan before hand, I'd only seen a limited amount of their work, but I was incredibly impressed, not only with the Japanese guys(Shingo, Yamato, and BXB especially), but also the British guys! PAC and Haskins were both very impressive, as were The Leaders and although he did take a bit of a mauling, I liked Joey Hayes, a good choice to face Kong. I'm now going to be working through a backlog of the infinity shows!!!

Overall, a great experience, a brilliant night in a great venue, Cheers Mark for putting on a brilliant show, looking forward to (hopefully) seeing them over here again next year!

Archived