806 replies to this topic

#1 Kata Ha Jime

Kata Ha Jime

Curtain Jerker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 386 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 12:52 PM

Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling is proud to announce its return to the United Kingdom for the “2012 MAXIMUM IMPACT IV” Tour.

Wrestling legends Sting and Kurt Angle head up the roster of stars from TNA’s flagship television programme IMPACT WRESTLING coming to Nottingham, Manchester and London’s Wembley Arena on January 26-28. IMPACT WRESTLING recently set a record rating on Challenge TV, where it airs every Tuesday night.

TNA World Heavyweight Champion Sting will be making his first wrestling appearance in the UK for almost a decade, while Olympic Gold Medallist Kurt Angle will shortly be arriving in Britain to speak to media and fans about the Tour.

Also starring at the events will be “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles, “Samoan Submission Machine” Samoa Joe, TNA Knockout Velvet Sky, Mr. Anderson, Matt Morgan, Bully Ray, Mexican America and many more to be confirmed over the coming months.

Sting says: “It has been too long since I’ve been back to the UK. I promise you there will be MAXIMUM IMPACT in January 2012. It’s going to be Showtime!

“Fans will see lots of bodies flying through the air, broken tables, chairs everywhere. We call it professional wrestling. We call it IMPACT WRESTLING.”

Fan Interaction tickets for the January 2012 MAXIMUM IMPACT IV Tour of the
UK will go on sale at 9am this FRIDAY, August 26.

The eagerly awaited passes - which allow fans to meet some of their favourite
IMPACT WRESTLING stars before the live show begins - will be available for
the events in Nottingham (January 26), Manchester (January 27) and London
(January 28).

A strictly limited number of Fan Interaction tickets will be on sale for
each live show and, last year, sold out within minutes.

Tickets cost £25 each, plus booking fee, and will include an official
IMPACT WRESTLING autograph book - given out on the night.

Please note that anyone with a Fan Interaction pass must also have a regular
event ticket, which are sold separately, in order to gain access.

Fan Interaction tickets go on sale at 9am on Friday from
www.gigsandtours.com / 0844 811 0051 and www.seetickets.com.

Full details of the UK events are:
Thursday 26 January - Nottingham Capital FM Arena (0844 412 4624)
Friday 27 January - Manchester MEN Arena (0844 847 8000)
Saturday 28 January - London Wembley Arena (0844 815 0815)

With a limited number of Fan Interaction passes available, and thousands
expected to attend each show, IMPACT WRESTLING is sorry that some will miss
out on this experience.

We cannot guarantee which wrestlers will be present at each Fan Interaction.

New names added:
Rob Van Dam
Beer Money
Crimson
Mickie James
Gunner

This is in addition to already announced:
Kurt Angle
AJ Styles
Samoa Joe
Bully Ray
Velvet Sky
Mexican America
Mr. Anderson
Matt Morgan
Sting

I usually see one of these topics pop up when tickets go on sale for the event. As I have not seen one I thought why not start it, as I'm sure one day it will be just me who turns up.

This thread is to discuss the event, which date your going, do you have fan interaction tickets?, what are your thoughts on the shows over the years?

Like last year and the year before I bought 4 tickets, one for me, my girlfriend, my friend and my girlfriends sister, I also have fan interaction tickets like last year.
However this year my girlfriends sister has seen how much tickets are going on eBay and is "cashing in" on it and not going. That does mean I have a spare Fan Interaction ticket.
Also unlike previous years I will be going to the Nottingham show and not Manchester, expecting a different vibe. I've only been to Nottingham twice, once for Smackdown and again for Tim Minchin.

Anyway, so whose going?

#2 dangerously420

dangerously420

Mona Tommy

• Account Disabled
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,127 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 02:17 PM

I'm not doing the fan interaction as i feel that in the UK it is done very badly compared to how they do it at the big PPV's in the USA. In the UK the fan interaction events you are made to feel like a sheep in a massive herd and get moved along a line very quickly and most of the time the talent do not take an interest in the fans not even doing the basic bare minimum of looking up at you and saying hello unless you are a cute girl or a disabled kid in a wheelchair.

Please deactivate my account. I no longer require it anymore.

#3 Richie Freebird

Richie Freebird

Inter-Continental Champion

• Sig/Avatar Abusers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,124 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 02:26 PM

I paid more than I’d like to admit for a fan interaction ticket last year, and it was fucking shit. There were some awesome wrestlers sat there, don’t get me wrong, Booze Dosh, Flair, Van Dam, the Hardies etc, but the way it was ran as if you were personally burdening all the security blokes pretty much ruined it. I may go to the Manchester show, depending on the coin situation. I think I've come to prefer the UK indies these days over big arena shows.

Posted Image

Provided by the UKFF 'Ugly Sig' Police

#4 Kata Ha Jime

Kata Ha Jime

Curtain Jerker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 386 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 12:23 PM

I know what you mean about security. They were extremely pissy about photographs. The wrestlers were fine. I only got one picture but i atleast i got to speak to them.

#5 Richie Freebird

Richie Freebird

Inter-Continental Champion

• Sig/Avatar Abusers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,124 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 12:43 PM

I got 2 photos myself, even though we weren’t “allowed” to get them, I just ignored the cunts and got them anyway. As you said, the security were dicks. They were even discouraging talking to the wrestlers when I was there. They might as well have just sold signed programs for the price of the meet and greet ticket for what it was.

Posted Image

Provided by the UKFF 'Ugly Sig' Police

#6 Kata Ha Jime

Kata Ha Jime

Curtain Jerker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 386 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:53 PM

Rvd was ignoring the security saying that if people wanted pictures they would take them. Only picture i have is of me and Jeff Hardy. Im not sure what Nottingham will be like. Im hoping the security will be better rather than having half of the queue having photos and the other half being rushed.

Edited by Kata Ha Jime, 30 August 2011 - 04:54 PM.

#7 ravishing1

ravishing1

Jobber

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:31 PM

I told myself I wouldnt go this year but changed my mind when I heard that there was only going to be 150 people at each interaction and that each person would not be rushed along. Received my ticket today for Nottingham and I am ticket number 289, looks like I will be going through the same routine of trying to smile getting my picture with a wrestler with a prick security guard shouting 'NO PHOTOS' I agree with Richie, you just have to ignore what security say and get the photo you want

Posted Image

Here comes the Ax
Here comes the Smasher
The Demolition, Walking disaster
Pain and destruction are our middle names

#8 Kata Ha Jime

Kata Ha Jime

Curtain Jerker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 386 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:53 PM

My interaction tickets arrived yesterday, there are still some left for Nottingham.

#9 pgi86

pgi86

Mid Carder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 05:21 PM

With the tour being a month away I figured I'd bump this topic (instead of starting a new one). So, who's going? As far as I know, the latest advertised line-up looks like this: Sting Kurt Angle Rob Van Dam Mr. Anderson AJ Styles Bobby Roode James Storm Samoa Joe Matt Morgan Bully Ray Mexican America Mickie James Velvet Sky Gail Kim Crimson and Gunner were originally scheduled to be on the tour but then got taken off. Magnus tweeted that he won't be on this year due to Ring Ka King so I'm wondering if Matt Morgan and/or Mickie James might be taken off the tour as well. I guess we'll see. Anyway, I'm pretty pumped about this one as it's going to be my first time seeing TNA live. I've always wanted to see a TNA house show live but it just wasn't feasible. Now that I've moved to England I've got no excuse to miss this. Nottingham was the closest show to me but I decided to go to the Wembley one instead since I'm a sucker for a good atmosphere and I reckon the atmosphere at the London show might be the best, with it probably being the biggest crowd and all. Definitely liking the line-up so far. Lots of good names on there. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for Kid Kash or Austin Aries to be added to the shows as well. A UK talent or two would be nice too.

Edited by pgi86, 02 January 2012 - 10:07 AM.

#10 LariatTom

LariatTom

Card Filler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 05:46 PM

I'll be at the Manchester show after one of my friends mentioned he was going and asked if I was interested. Admittedly, neither of us really watch TNA these days and keep up with what's going on thanks to watching bits on Youtube that catch our interest and hearing about it on podcasts and whatnot. I'd say I should probably try and get back into watching TNA, especially since about a year ago, I was watching TNA weekly and had very little interest in WWE. It's done a complete 180 though. Anyway, I'm looking forward to going to see this. I was at the first UK tour shows at the Olympia but I haven't been to any of the shows since, and I doubt I'll get another opportunity to see Styles, Roode and Storm in the UK during 2012. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that Austin Aries gets added to the tour, but it still looks like a pretty solid line-up and should make for some great shows!

A journal and gateway into the life of a student making his way through university life
My blog

#11 dangerously420

dangerously420

Mona Tommy

• Account Disabled
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,127 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:25 PM

I have front row ringside for London's date back when the tour went on sale months ago. I got first class train tickets from Glasgow Central to London Kings Cross and a good reviewed hotel stay for my Christmas from my parents. Spending the whole weekend in London so excited for some tourist activity with the show being the main event of the weekend. It's exactly one month today. I cannot wait.

#12 David

David

RSS News Feed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,564 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:39 PM

I have front row ringside for London's date back when the tour went on sale months ago. I got first class train tickets from Glasgow Central to London Kings Cross and a good reviewed hotel stay for my Christmas from my parents. Spending the whole weekend in London so excited for some tourist activity with the show being the main event of the weekend. It's exactly one month today. I cannot wait.

You do know that the Megabus is doing a sleeper service overnight for £70 return now, yeah?

#13 dangerously420

dangerously420

Mona Tommy

• Account Disabled
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,127 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:48 PM

You do know that the Megabus is doing a sleeper service overnight for £70 return now, yeah?

That is a good price for that David. My parents however wanted to give me a treat and a add a bit of luxury to the trip by getting me first class train tickets. It was all booked via Superbreak. Good for getting your train and hotel first class together for a cheaper price. All in the hotel bed and breakfast two nights and the first class train return was £179.

#14 David

David

RSS News Feed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,564 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:41 AM

That is a good price for that David. My parents however wanted to give me a treat and a add a bit of luxury to the trip by getting me first class train tickets. It was all booked via Superbreak. Good for getting your train and hotel first class together for a cheaper price. All in the hotel bed and breakfast two nights and the first class train return was £179.

That's not bad at all mate, especially considering the price of accomodation in London.

#15 Professor Paul's Bin

Professor Paul's Bin

Mid Carder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 07:26 PM

I'm attending the Manchester show. Third year running and I'm really excited. Especially to see Sting. I am a big fan of the show in Manchester as they have a brilliant atmosphere and put up a decent show. Last years show had some strange booking through but made up for it with a quality main event. I've decided to pay abit extra for floor seats in the MEN and will be sitting in the fifth row where the section will look onto the ring with the tron behind the ring. Whats the view like from a fifth row? Hope it's good. I was pleased to have the tickets delivered just before christmas though. I usually panic when they are delivered nearer to the event as I don't have much faith in Royal Mail

Ryback-Attacks-CM-Punk-600_crop_exact.jp

Ryback 3:16