Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Looks like I've picked up some spy/ad/malware, as no matter what website I'm on, random words have links attached to them, probably leading to some search engine.

Is there any specific software for this, or will something like Adaware get rid of this?

Looks like I've picked up some spy/ad/malware, as no matter what website I'm on, random words have links attached to them, probably leading to some search engine.

Is there any specific software for this, or will something like Adaware get rid of this?

SurfRight

Use Hitman Pro 3.6 free from the site I linked above.

I've used this when I've encountered the same type of problem and used it on other peoples computers who've had the same. Its worked a treat every time for me.

Do read the instructions before hand and I hope it helps.

Is a hobbies and interests section important to a CV?

I ask because i'm currently applying for a supervisor job in a retail store. Now, I think it would be good so long as it shows relevant qualities that they are looking for. Such as:

* Former captain of Rugby League team (leadership skills)

* Have lost over 4 stone in 4 years (goal setting)

or am I over thinking the importance of the section

Most def in my opinion KOM, just word it like you've done there and not just something like "I like sports I do". On my CV I have a personal statement saying you know Im a graduate in such and such with a strong background in retail or whatever. I'd put something like that in there at the end if i were you and not just a dedicated Hobbies and Interests section!

• Paid Members
Is a hobbies and interests section important to a CV?

I ask because i'm currently applying for a supervisor job in a retail store. Now, I think it would be good so long as it shows relevant qualities that they are looking for. Such as:

* Former captain of Rugby League team (leadership skills)

* Have lost over 4 stone in 4 years (goal setting)

or am I over thinking the importance of the section

Keep it general on the CV but then you can mention how much those interests have helped hone those skills in interviews if short of examples.

For those of you banging on about CAPTCHA problems, is it the reCAPTCHA you're struggling with (Red border around the words). If so, what you're actually getting are words taken from old texts that OCR can't decipher. One word will be one that a large amount of people have all typed as the same word, the other will be one that hasn't had a specific 'word' yet. So what you're doing is actually helping computers come up with digital copies of ancient texts :D But that's also why there's some shit that's just totally unreadable. (This is all AFAIK).

The girlfriend's birthday is coming up and I would like to get her an ice-hockey jersey. Is eBay the best place to go for a reasonably cheap jersey?

Similarly, I remember someone saying they got the cast of a television show to sign a birthday card(?) for their friend to mark their birthday. In the (unlikely) event they are reading this, how did you go about it?!

Archived