Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

• Paid Members

They certainly aren't setting the world alight with the buyrates, but the shows themselves have been ok. The Driven DVD is a must see, although somewhat bizarrly the best matches of the night never actually made it to the PPV itself (McGuinness vs Hero/ Danielson vs KENTA - the latter was probably the match of the year in ROH). Take No Prisoners was crap though, avoid that one .

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Tag Wars 2008 - 18/4/08

Jimmy Jacobs cuts a very good promo about his rivalry with Alex Shelley over the years. He wisely omits any mention of the Hair vs. Boot Hair match.

Danny Daniels, Michael Elgin & Michael Nakazawa vs. Ernie Osiris, Pelle Primeau & Mitch Franklin - if the opening match is the second most important match behind the main event on the card, then the effects of the WrestleFanFest are starting to bite deep. The match itself isn

• Paid Members
I see Morishima is coming back for Final Battle weekend. A cataclysmic match with Danielson better happen, or I won't be happy...

You'd hope so wouldn't you, particularly since their last match was a bit of a washout.

This weekend's shows will be keenly watched I suspect - all eyes on the new booker. I've always thought Pearces' in ring stuff was completey forgettbale, but he did cut some tremendous backstage promos. So we'll see I guess.

• Paid Members

Already the Newswires have improved in terms of form. Gabe's big problem was that he was such a mark for the buisness in terms of his presentation. The new regime seems a bit more relaxed and not hell bent on convincing everyone it's real.

• Paid Members
The two latest video wires have some fresh touches and make the product look more fun too...

*sharp intake of breath* The ROHBots won't like that. ROH isn't supposed to be about enjoyment. It's a science, to be studied and analysed seriously.

• Paid Members

I'm currently watching the DVD of Northern Navigation, ROH's Canadian debut. I just thought I'd mention that I absolutely enjoyed the heck out of three matches in succession, in Go vs Stevens, Danielson vs Claudio and Strong vs Marufuji.

While ROH hasn't been especially fresh in terms of compelling top-line storylines for some time, there's been some excellent matches going on in the middle of shows that definitely deserve more attention. This year, I could mention Aries vs Go (Sixth Anniversary), Danielson vs Marufuji (A New Level) and Danielson vs Claudio II is right up there, superseding their Vendetta II match.

• Paid Members

I'm currently watching Return Engagement, and so far (Im up to Steen vs Nigel) it's probably one of the better ROH cards this year. Full review in the next day or day