Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

Oh yeah but lets be honest most main events to me read as pretty shit. Jay Lethal as a number one contender, never expected anything from him at all.

They haven't got any real main eventers in my opinion anymore. No one who could walk into a building like McGuinness or Danielson or Joe and me recognise them as the top guy. Steen came close but a year of uninspired booking has blunt it for me. El Generico was the only challenger I gave a toss about and he was there for a night and a goodbye.

It was a big part of the reason I stopped watching, I'm slowly getting back into it but I'm still not that bothered about it.

Mark is getting a title shot at the show before. Jay is injured and has been pulled from that show but is still booked for his title match at the ippv.

There's a chance that the title match won't be the main event as they've said they're planning a SCUM vs ROH tag match but it hasn't been announced yet

Edited by TysonSL

Mark is getti g a title shot at the show before. Jay is injured and has been pulled from that show but is still booked for his title match at the ippv.

There's a chance that the title match won't be the main event as they've said they're planning a SCUM vs ROH tag match but it hasn't been announced yet

As a non-follower fan, is this a good thing?

I've got tickets for this, mainly being it was the Ballroom. But other events are interesting me now. I just can't seem to make a decision.

• Paid Members
Just got round to watching the 11th Anniversary show last night, What a steller event! Top to bottom was probably ROHs best event since Best In The World 2011. ROH defiantly has improved since Jim Cornette left, Going in the right direction by bringing in lots of new young up and coming talent. Taven and ACH are defiantly ones for watch out for. TV show has improved loads, NOAH talent Marufuji and Ishimori are coming to ROH at Border Wars. Using NJPW gajins like Hooligans and Karl Anderson. Seems like they are taking steps to get back to the glory days of 2005-2007

Defo echo this - I loved the end segment :)

It depends on who's involved. If it was a straight tag match I'd say no, as there's mainly just midcarders left without matches, but if it's an 8 man war with some sort of stipulation I'd be happy. The SCUM angle got quite interesting at the last show with the new additions and Steen's relation to it all.

Personally I'd have reDRagon vs American Wolves in the main event since the teams had a motn last time in New York and its for the titles this time.

Just got round to watching the 11th Anniversary show last night, What a steller event! Top to bottom was probably ROHs best event since Best In The World 2011. ROH defiantly has improved since Jim Cornette left, Going in the right direction by bringing in lots of new young up and coming talent. Taven and ACH are defiantly ones for watch out for. TV show has improved loads, NOAH talent Marufuji and Ishimori are coming to ROH at Border Wars. Using NJPW gajins like Hooligans and Karl Anderson. Seems like they are taking steps to get back to the glory days of 2005-2007

Defo echo this - I loved the end segment :)

Jimmy Rave showing up as a member of SCUM was probably the biggest surprise, and makes the most sense! Good booking, Looking forward to seeing where they go with this angle with it looking like Steen will turn.

I personally think that Jay Briscoe vs Steen could be a great match, Jay is much the better Briscoe and the only one i have interest in seeing as a singles wrestler.

What ROH shows would you recommend from 2012 & 2013

Inc TV shows!!

2012:

1) Glory by Honor XI

2) Border Wars

3) Final Battle 2012

4) Showdown in the Sun: Day 2

5) Best in the World 2012

6) 10th Anniversary

7) Unity

8) Showdown in the Sun: Day 1

9) Killer Instinct

10) The Homecoming

All TV from after 17th November onwards is worth watching, Really picked up then after Cornette was sacked.

I've watched all the events from 2013 bar Honor vs Evil which im hoping to get this week but i'd say everything this year is worth a watch. 11th Anniversary was brilliant!

• 2 weeks later...

I watched ROH Frontiers of Honor 2003 yesterday and thought it was a good effort. It pissed me off abit how there was no hard camera for the entire show and the FWA pyro looked garbage. As Paul Heyman said why bother doing pyro for a small event? It just looks shit. The ROH talent on this show for the most part were in a different league than some of the FWA guys. I just felt the FWA guys were trying too hard, some were shit, some looked like they didn't know what a gym was and some looked tacky as fuck. Also the little kids shouting at the wrestlers did my head in. Swearing with the crowd in a cockney accent. It felt like something you'd see in your local town hall.

I'd like to mention how good AJ Styles Vs Johnny Storm and Christopher Daniels Vs Jody Fleisch were both absolutely fantastic. I'd have to say AJ/Storm was the better of the two and it was a right good match. My first time watching Storm aswell (Well I probably saw him back in the day of, The Wrestling Channel but forgot him) and I was very impressed with him. I'd really recommend this match. Daniels/Fleisch was another great one (Probably better for me at the moment as I think Daniels is as good as sliced bread these days); Anyway theres a spot where someone is holding a chair at the top of the ramp, Fleisch runs, jumps onto the chair, dives into the air and hits a hurricarna (spelling?) onto Daniels who is midway on the ramp. One of the best spots, ever. Literally.

Edited by Twinn

• Paid Members
Also the little kids shouting at the wrestlers did my head in. Swearing with the crowd in a cockney accent. It felt like something you'd see in your local town hall.

God forbid kids have cockney accents when they're from London and act like they're at a wrestling show when they're at a wrestling show. I know FOH was a smark-aimed supershow, but what do you want them to do, turn the kids away at the door? Or should the parents be phoning the venue first to make sure it's not a special event for weird internet men?