Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

Apparently the first six minutes were so bad they had to be clipped. A realsuprise at the time, as Daniels vs Homicide was an indie dream match at the time.

The real surprise was that Daniels can at least usually be relied on to have a clean and good looking match, even if the matches can sometimes be completely emotionless. However, some of the stuff in Homicide/Daniels looked awful. Homicide went on to have an amazing 2003, which just added to the surprise.

I forgot Reckless had a brief run in ROH. His match up with Matt Stryker was quite good as I recall.

He did, and also had a good match with Doug Williams on Death Before Dishonor which I can't wait to reach.

Apparently the first six minutes were so bad they had to be clipped. A realsuprise at the time, as Daniels vs Homicide was an indie dream match at the time.

The real surprise was that Daniels can at least usually be relied on to have a clean and good looking match, even if the matches can sometimes be completely emotionless. However, some of the stuff in Homicide/Daniels looked awful. Homicide went on to have an amazing 2003, which just added to the surprise.
Didn't he put it down to being nervous about teaming with Dusty or some shit like that?

• Paid Members

Didn't he put it down to being nervous about teaming with Dusty or some shit like that?

Probably. As Haranga says, Homicide was white hot back then - and so was Daniels to be fair. Back in the day Chris Daniels could not have a bad match. Then when he came back to ROH they didn't really do much with him, and as a consequence his match quality really dipped. HOWEVER, just before his ROH run came to end he suddenly started having tremendous outings again. So all the criticism of Daniels thats been floating around as of late is only semi justified. It took me the longest time to concede that the Chris Daniels of 2006 was not the same as 2003. But when I did finally start pasting him for his performances, he got his shit together! Typical.

He did, and also had a good match with Doug Williams on Death Before Dishonor which I can't wait to reach.

Hmmm, that match-up wasn't that great as I recall. The Stryker match "smoked it" as I believe they say

January 20th: We are sorry to report that The Necro Butcher will not be able to make this Friday's event in Dayton. He will still be in Chicago. Jimmy Jacobs told the Age Of The Fall followers not to despair. Jacobs sent word that he has recently heard from a top talent that is not in ROH that believes in the Age Of The Fall cause. Jacobs says that this man has a reason to hate society. This individual will team with Jacobs in Dayton on Friday against Roderick Strong & Rocky Romero. Jacobs would not give us any other hints as to who it is besides the fact he has been a champion in other promotions, he has a reason to rebel against society and he is not on the current ROH roster.

I hope its Kingston Edited by Jun Kasai

I'd be surprised if it was Kingston. Although he was good at Cage Of Death, his pre-show match and his run in FIP were reportedly disastrous.Personally, I hope it's someone really non-typical in the same way as Necro, like Toby Klein. Speculation on the ROH Board has mentioned Dinsmore and Mercury, which would both be cool and appropriate. Also Arik Cannon and SJK, but let's hope not, eh?

Edited by Leicester Lantern

I'm expecting someone in the Tyler Black mould like Josh Abercrombie or one of the Thomaselli's, someone popular in other areas looking for a chance in RoH.

• Paid Members

Madman Pondo had a brief spell in FIP as I recall. Kingston would be sweet, but Gabe's such a stubborn prick when it comes to bringing in people the fans actually want to see.EDIT: Just went on the Chikara Fans forum ( I intend to really get into Chikara in 2008), and that awful prick TNgAy from the ROH Forum posts on there. Even worse, he has a quote telling someone to get off the internet and get a life! Man, if that aint the pot calling the kettle....

Edited by Dearly Devoted Dexter

I'm expecting someone in the Tyler Black mould like Josh Abercrombie or one of the Thomaselli's, someone popular in other areas looking for a chance in RoH.

He was the other guy I thought it could be, but what reason would he have for hating society? Being blessed with a tremendous moustache an all Edited by Jun Kasai

January 22nd: Go Shiozaki is coming to make his United States debut in ROH on 2/22 in Long Island and 2/23 in Manhattan. You can expect to see a lot of Shiozaki in ROH in 2008!!! Can Shiozaki make the same impact that Morishima, KENTA and Marufuji have? We will get an immediate answer as he starts with two tough opponents. 2/22 in Long Island will see Shiozaki vs. FIP World Heavyweight Champion Erick Stevens in a non-title bout. The 6th Anniversary Show on 2/23 in Manhattan will have another first time ever match as Go Shiozaki takes on the ace of ROH Austin Aries. We'll see exactly what Shiozaki brings to the table after this weekend.

Oh yeah, Go/Stevens has some potential, probably looking forward to seeing this more than the Aries match.

January 22nd: We regret to report that The Necro Butcher sent word and will now have to pull of the Chicago show. We apologize for the lineup change. Necro has a commitment that he can't get out of, but he will be on future ROH events. The surprise that The Age Of The Fall have lined up for Dayton will now also be in Chicago to fight Mark Briscoe. Word leaked out of TAOTF camp that this man is known to national TV audiences.

That definately rules out King, I'm starting to think it could be Joey Mercury. Edited by Jun Kasai

I'm starting to think Mercury as well, primarily as I can't think of anyone else.I'm looking forward to Shiozaki spending some time in RoH, I think he'll make a good addition to the roster and should provide some interesting match combinations. I like the sound of his first two contests agasint Stevens then Aries and I'd hope to see contests with Strong, Castagnoli and Steen down the line as well.

From 2-15 to 3/2Doug Williams(9 millionth trip) 6'0" 231 lbsJay Briscoe(third trip) 6'0" 211 lbsMark Briscoe(third trip) 6'0" 207 lbsChris Hero(second trip) 6'4" 229 lbsClaudio Castagnoli(first trip) 6'5" 231 lbsSource: Official NOAH website.

Nice to see Claudio finally get a shot in japan. Shame they won't be on the Anniversary show though.EDIT- Son of a bitch, no Hero or Claudio at Chikara King of Trios :dickin: Edited by Jun Kasai