WHAT PLAY YOU?

Onyx2

I started Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic again today, and after less than an hour my character is already displaying lots of evilness in the form of his ruined face and general dark stance. It's way too hard and boring to be good in that game. Too much fun robbing and killing innocents.

Playing it through is a goody (second time obviously because everyone is an evil bastard first time around) is more fulfilling and the last sections of the game are actually much easier as a light side character.Credit to the makers I suppose - They really nailed down the whole 'Darkside is the quick and easy path...' And keep at it - IMO KOTOR has the second best plot twist in the Star Wars universe.
I've already played it through at least twice before..
My mistake, I missed the word 'again' in your original post :duh::duh: As for Fahrenheit - I got as far as the confrontation with the geezer on the roof top and then kept dying over and over again, the Xbox triggers simply weren't meant to be repeatedly pressed that quickly, I gave up in the end because I thought I was starting to get RSI.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone I talk to seems to give up on Fahrenheit right before things get hilarious. :(

Wouldn't want to have spoilers for everyone else so is there any chance you could PM me what happens?

Click to Show/Hide

It's too long to explain if you haven't played the game, but basically it goes from a creepy and intruiging mystery to a ridiculous apocalypse scenario where you have to save an autistic girl (as she's the KEY) and make sure she doesn't fall into the wrong hands or else the world will see a new ice age. Yes.Along the way in the game, you interacted with a blind old woman in a wheelchair, and at one point you find her dead with you framed for her murder. Later in the game she suddenly shows up, and starts spouting gibberish before morphing into YELLOW SPRITE MAN. It's at this point that two things become apparent:1: The game no longer makes any sense whatsoever and becomes really clich

Me and my friend played it a lot tonight. We got to the church and hes already got thoughts that things are going a bit odd, and he was becoming very gripped with the mystery and wanted to find out more about the cultish activities. In some ways it was a lot like the original Broken Sword with the mysterious Templars and bizarre murders. Once you finish Fahrenheit please read the first few pages of the manual written by its creator. Apologies Spatular, must have had you mixed up with someone else!

• Awards Moderator

Games i've just bought and havent played yet:Area 51, Destroy all humans, Silent Hill 4, Metal Slug 3, Metal Gear Solid 2.

Not that you're asking, but I'd go with MGS2 first with occassional DAH for light relief. When all you want to do is kill stuff for five mins then Metal Slug.SH4 is such a low point for the series :(

• Awards Moderator

I got it free as a buy 2 get one free deal, so it'l be alright for a freebie?

It's one for fans of the other games, let's say. Poor controls and stupid unkillable enemies mar an otherwise genuinely disturbing game concept. The atmos is right, execution not.

Just finished Resident Evil 4 on the GC. Can honestly say it is one of the greatest games I have ever played, it just oozes atmosphere and for the the first time in the RE series this is matched by the quality of the gameplay.Plan to start GTA SA sometime over the weekend, not massive fan of the series and I tend to get stuck on an annoying mission and stop playing them but it was only

• Awards Moderator

Ideally I'm looking for one that will play and generate moves for normal audio CDs. Amazon had one like this listed (Dance Factory) but it's been delayed until the end of September. Failing that, I need something as free from shite pop (girlbands, boybands, former soap stars, X Factor winners etc) as possible. It doesn't matter if the music isn't performed by original artists or has been written for the game so long as it's not shite pop.

This is out now, and supposed to be pretty OK.

Good to see the thread's still a-thrivin' a year on. Incidentally, has anyone spotted why I 'shouted' "WHAT PLAY YOU?"? It's a very indirect quote. Moj, I'm looking at you.

Seeing as no-one is sad enough to know the answer, you might as well:viggo_rotk_100.jpg"WHAT SAY YOU?"I just had a particularly intense weekend watching all three of the EEs back-to-back in a 12 hour stint.

It's one for fans of the other games, let's say. Poor controls and stupid unkillable enemies mar an otherwise genuinely disturbing game concept. The atmos is right, execution not.
Well, i'l give it a go, and if its wank it can go in my trade in pile.Having never played any of the Silent hill games before, it should be pretty new to me. I'm pretty much a novice in the survival horror genre in general, so i'll report back with my findings.

• Awards Moderator

Well, i'l give it a go, and if its wank it can go in my trade in pile.Having never played any of the Silent hill games before, it should be pretty new to me. I'm pretty much a novice in the survival horror genre in general, so i'll report back with my findings.
Ah... whilst not a hinderance, it's nowhere near as good if you haven't played Silent Hill 2. Go trade it for that!One for Half-Life 2 fans:Aperture SciencePossibly deserves a thread of it's own.

Click to Show/Hide

Try LOGIN. Then a name, then PORTAL as the password.

All of my gaming time over the past week has gone into Saints Row for the Xbox 360, a fantastic game in my view and despite being a GTA ripoff it improves on some aspects of GTA and it includes some fun features that GTA can borrow for GTA4. These days very few games can hook me to the point I have to keep playing until I get to the end but Saints Row is one of those rare games. To others with the game, Once you finish the story and get the presumed end credits be sure to keep the game on as you get three bonus missions following the credits, Just be sure to save after bonus mission 2 before the TRUE ending of the game is revealed. Online is also decent despite suffering from severe cases of lag at times, I have been able to get some decent online games going though and the lag has only been a problem to me on a few occasions, Last time I was online I saw creations of the following...Mr T, Tony Montana, Steve Irwin, and Duke Nukem. So yeah, Saints Row gets my thumbs up but I can understand that some people will dislike the game due to it being so much like a GTA game, It is the most obvious GTA clone yet.With Saints Row, Dead Rising, Just Cause and Test Drive Unlimited now on the 360 it seems like the console is getting some more of the good stuff that it deserves.