WHAT PLAY YOU?

Onyx2

My signature is taken from a website lampooning the original N-Gage and the stupid way you held it to make calls. Now I can join the club as I have bought a N-Gage (though it is the newer version so I don't look as silly). Not bad for the

Edited by mitch_online_uk

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Awards Moderator

Free games~!

A list of half-decent recent PC freeware.

I've also discovered the pure joy of Guitar Hero with two players. It's insane fun.

I've been hammering the LocoRoco. It's beautiful, sensational. Stupid chunky bubbly graphics, bouncy babbling music and hysterical level design. It's like the fast clever bits of Sonic with all the annoying shit taken out. Not everyone will like it, it's like eating fried sugar covered in honey, but the game design is fantastic.

This is the game PSP has been waiting for. SONY, ADVERTISE THIS ON TV NOW.

FAO JLM, and any other Ikaruga victims:

I finally got hold of Half-Life 2 for PC last week. It'll surprise no-one to learn that it's very, very good. There's still room for improvement, though. The human animation is really pretty shoddy when compared to console games of even five years ago. Why don't PC developers ever think this is important? In MGS2 the enemies would jump out from cover, duck and run, actually push the radio button if they were going to use the radio and so on. In HL2 they'll take cover alright but don't look for a second like their life depends on it - they do a standing strafe everywhere they go. Such a shame. The non-human enemies are much better.

Also still playing Everybody's Golf. PSP owners really do need this game. I got my first albatross at the weekend. Never been made so happy by a computer game in my entire life. :D

• Awards Moderator

Also still playing Everybody's Golf. PSP owners really do need this game. I got my first albatross at the weekend. Never been made so happy by a computer game in my entire life. :D

Indeed very little beats the albatross :cool: apart from the elusive hole in one. It's a seriously well-designed game, so diverting. And why is collecting the right outfit so addictive?!Still playing Guitar Hero (Frankenstein on Expert, yee-haa) and LocoRoco.

Guest Slappy

Just beat Kingdom Hearts 2 100%. Fantastic game with some great bosses and scenes. I know a lot of reviewers weren't happy with the game but I enjoyed every second of it. Buying a 2nd hand NTSC Ps2 off ebay was a great move.

Indeed very little beats the albatross :cool: apart from the elusive hole in one. It's a seriously well-designed game, so diverting. And why is collecting the right outfit so addictive?!
Because it gives you the opportunity to put Jean in a sumo suit, a pair of angelic wings and a bearskin helmet. I never ever play with him - I just wanted the smug sauve tosser to suffer as much sartoriatorture as possible.My Britz has full ninja gear and a matching sword :cool:

Remember the fun of the E3 topic back in May? That may will be the last one as it seems E3 is being 'downsized' and will no longer be a centrepiece event with Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo etc holding thier own events. :(I have been playing Tony Hawk & Pathway to Glory on NGage alongside Super Mario World thanks to its homebrew goodness.

I had an urge to play some Resi Evil, so I bought RE4 for the PS2 on Monday. It blew my mind. Just played through the bit where you're holed up in the cabin and they're all coming through the windows and stuff. Amazing.

I'm too cheap to buy new games, so I've started GTA:SA again (man, I'd forgotten that dancing on the beach mission was a right cunt) and, through the joys of emulation, I'm blasting through the early stages of Secret of Mana; one of my favourite games of all-time.

• Awards Moderator

Singstar Anthems (never confused).Only 20 songs instead of the normal 30 odd - grrrrAlso, "Relight My Fire" is virtually impossible as you're doing three parts all mixed into one. Gary Barlow's lead vocals, Lulu, and bits of the backing. Ridiculous!!!However, Laura~!

johnnyboy, Brighton born and bred. Especially this weekend. Serendipitous timing on this release, eh?

• Awards Moderator

Singstar Anthems (never confused).Only 20 songs instead of the normal 30 odd - grrrrAlso, "Relight My Fire" is virtually impossible as you're doing three parts all mixed into one. Gary Barlow's lead vocals, Lulu, and bits of the backing. Ridiculous!!!However, Laura~!

johnnyboy, Brighton born and bred. Especially this weekend. Serendipitous timing on this release, eh?
It's sailing over my head.Gay Pride march or something?
Like you're not there in feather boa and tache. (Sounds like Hulk Hogan :duh: )