WHAT PLAY YOU?

Onyx2

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

I got 24 on PS2 a few days ago and have played the first mission and thus far it looks okay (took it back today but will carry on playing thanks to the glory that is HDLoader). I picked up Godfather today and am looking forward to playing that, was going to take it back after copying it onto the hard drive but I like the funky metal box it comes in so might keep it.

I got the Godfather earlier and so far I give it two thumbs up as it is great fun, Just going around the city and extorting businesses (or trying to at least) is a game within itself and I think it is going to add quite a bit of replay value once the main story is finished, the extortion system does not appear to be very deep at first but it is deceptive because once you take over a store you get to the business of taking over illegal rackets and finding out the warehouses of rival families. At the moment I can take over a small time newsstand with a couple of heavies giving the owner backup but I am finding the bigger stores with more protection hard to take control of at this point, so I think it will be a good while until I am ready to give other Families a true run for there money. So far I would say the Godfather is not a GTA beater (not that I was expecting it to be) but it is a darn good game in its own right.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest YOUAREYOUAREIAMIAM

What can you reccommend for the PC?Anything, I need more than just FM 2006.What other games is there?

Guest YOUAREYOUAREIAMIAM

What can you reccommend for the PC?Anything, I need more than just FM 2006.What other games is there?

Try some of these.
:laugh::bored:

• Paid Members

Has anybody played the new Tomb Raider? Thoughts?

Yup, I think the graphics are breathtaking. It's very different to any of the other games but it's nice to see Lara back doing what she does best. I liked Angel of Darkness but it just didn't feel like Tomb Raider plus it was full of bugs.

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly, everyone watch this.

I've not posted on this thread for a while so I might as well make with the big round-up. Most recently I've been playing Tekken 5 again, hovering around Sage rank with Hwoarang. I do enjoy it a lot but I stand by my original criticism of the game, which is that there are far too many bloody characters to be able to learn to fight against effectively. I can destroy Laws and Leis all day long but as soon as the game confronts me with a high-level Raven or Steve or even a nobbing Ganryu I'm completely stuffed because I just haven't had the time to devote to learning them properly.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is game of the year so far, no question. It's a big step forward from Morrowind in every way I can think of. I posted a list of MW gripes in this thread a couple of pages back and EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM has been addressed in one way or another. You can tell they've really listened to MW players and taken their criticisms on board. I wouldn't call Oblivion the best game I'd ever played but it's hands down the best sequel I've ever played, that's for sure. Some gripes though: it does crash every hour or two, the AI is sometimes quirky, and because the enemies are scaled to your current level, you never get to the stage where you're much more powerful than everything else. Saving regularly makes all of these less of a problem, but there's really no excuse for a console game crashing this often.

Tomb Raider: Legend is very good but too short and probably too easy. It fixes everything that was wrong with the last two pitiful Lara games, mainly the bad plots and scripts and the dull levels with no actual tombs to raid or high ledges to fall off of. I mean really, what the fuck were they thinking? Lara feels agile and fluid, the bad guys and her pals on the radio are a lot of fun, and the levels are great. Combat lets the game down a little. She has all these new close-range moves that you never get to use because the enemies either have fangs or shotguns, she has a stealth mode that never seems to work, and trying to get a grenade to land in the right place without getting blown to bits yourself is a waste of time. Still lots of fun to be had, though.

Last but not least, old PS2 barnstormer Gitaroo Man. Look, forget this Guitar Hero bollocks. I've seen it in the shop. You stand there pressing buttons and flapping your paddle without getting shot at or anything. That's not rock'n'roll, it's glorified bemani. THIS is rock'n'roll. Save the universe with the power of ROCK~! whilst listening to mentalist Japanese prog-rock and destroying every tendon in your fingers in the process. Yes.

Edited by Spatular