Learning to Wrestle

I've been taking my lads to train at a wrestling school the last few weeks and they have been loving it.  It's been fascinating watching them go through the motions and seeing them learn so much quickly, so decided stuff it and had a bash at an adult class this weekend.  Now bearing in mind I'm close to 42 I've clearly left it too late and have zero intention of trying to do it seriously but enjoyed it so much I'm planning to go back and have another go next weekend just for the fun and fitness side of it.  Its brilliant to see wrestling from this perspective which I never thought I would get the chance to do.  I was interested to know if anyone else on these forums has had a bash at it when they are old enough to know better like me and whether you are still managing to carry on with it?  What were your experiences like?

• Paid Members

I started training when I was 18 and knocked it on the head when I was 27 due to a back injury. However I will say that it was once of the most fun experiences I've had.  If I could warrant the time for it, I'd probably pick it up again in the near future, but just for the fitness side. Good luck with it though @El Dingo Capitano  =D

• Awards Moderator
38 minutes ago, El Dingo Capitano said:

I've been taking my lads to train at a wrestling school the last few weeks and they have been loving it.  It's been fascinating watching them go through the motions and seeing them learn so much quickly, so decided stuff it and had a bash at an adult class this weekend.  Now bearing in mind I'm close to 42 I've clearly left it too late and have zero intention of trying to do it seriously but enjoyed it so much I'm planning to go back and have another go next weekend just for the fun and fitness side of it.  Its brilliant to see wrestling from this perspective which I never thought I would get the chance to do.  I was interested to know if anyone else on these forums has had a bash at it when they are old enough to know better like me and whether you are still managing to carry on with it?  What were your experiences like?

This is the thread for you!