Foam Rolling

Bus Surfer

• Paid Members

So after many falls from skating and using muscles I haven't remembered existed for many years, I've been pretty sore all over for a few weeks. During this time, someone mentioned that foam rolling would probably help. 

I picked one up on Amazon and gave it a go yesterday and I feels absolutely fucking brutal. Like being commonly assaulted on the street. 

Any tips for doing this? Or is it meant to hurt like fuck as you start out and gets easier as you go along?

Someone mentioned to me that you should avoid your back... Any reason why? 

Cheers. 

I occasionally use one, mainly for my legs when I’ve had a particularly tough gym session. If the muscles are sore, any pressure you apply will definitely hurt, so it doesn’t sound like you’re necessarily doing anything wrong.

As for the back, I think people suggest avoiding it because it’s quite easy to injure yourself due to the positions you’ll be putting yourself in. I had back trouble for about 18 months a few years ago and I found it quite difficult to pinpoint exactly where the pain was coming from, so foam rolling didn’t quite help. I’d suggest just being cautious and don’t put yourself in any vulnerable positions.

What areas have you used it on so far, and what movements?

Aye it hurts then , but you feel a lot better in the days after it. Don’t use it as much as so should, but does a cracking job when I feel really tight. I kinda just trial and error on it, see what feels like it’s working 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Slapnut said:

What areas have you used it on so far, and what movements?

I only spent about 10 minutes with it yesterday. Mainly just using it along my calves and around my arse/hip areas. Just directly lying on it with that area of the body and slow rolling back and forth whilst breathing. There were a few really tender parts that I discovered that I just tried to lie on for a few seconds and it was pretty painful. I guess these are just knots right and regular use will help ease these areas out?

I'll try a few other things out later.

Archived