The Undertaker - Spoilers

ColinBollocks

2 hours ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Cena's work in regenerating interest in him was great. His work on the go-home Raw pre-Wrestlemania was much better to watch live because the anticipation levels were off the scale. Similarly with the tease and eventual reveal in New Orleans, the crowd were begging for it and popped huge when they got him. So the interest is still there from the masses, and as long as he draws breath he'll keep getting presented to us on a sporadic basis. 

I know the general consensus is that he doesn't know when to call it a day, but there's a difference between being unable to let go and when the phone call comes asking to do the company a favour. He's effectively been semi-retired for the last few years anyway - it's not like he's desperately clinging on to a full schedule and forever trying to keep himself on top of the pile. He's also company man first and foremost. Not necessarily in terms of putting several new stars over, but if Vince wants him to do something, he'll suck it up and do it out of loyalty to him, the company, etc. 

I'm indifferent as to what they do with him, but I'm glad he came back for the quickie with Cena. Wouldn't have liked to see the match with Reigns last year be his final outing where he just looked completely knackered and barely mobile. 

Thanks for giving me the visual of Undertaker giving Cena a vigorous lashing in the locker room before show time.

Archived