Help Tracking down results of British Wrestling event in 2001

Hail

I worked two of those Northern Ireland shows (doing sound). The poster included in the first post wasn't actually for the tour you are trying to remember it was used for a tribute style show that was held in the King's Hall, Belfast a few months later. Of the names you can't remember I'm 100% sure the wrestler in the combat trousers was everyone's favourite youngster Flatliner. James Mason and World of Sport name Tony St.Clair (as referee) also worked the tour. The tour was ran by a man called John Noble who was more of a concert promoter, if memory serves me right he made big money from the pop band 911. He had no real knowledge of the wrestling part so was put in contact with Kevin Sullvan and spent some time in Florida with him. He did run a second tour in somewhat connection with Irish Whip that featured Sheamus and he used ROH's Xavier and the then teacher Matt Striker as imports. The second tour had a few problems, namely a bomb warning phoned in to one of the venues, we worked out pretty easily who had done it (the only clue I can give was it was somebody who had been running tribute shows in the area and thought it was their territory). The first tour is where Doug Williams was seen by Daniels and Modest and that's what helped in getting him invited to the King of the Indies tournament and make a name for himself in America. The only other things I remember about those shows were Jake Damian was using my late friend's WCW United States title and he was also trying to impress us by saying he had recently broke up with Alexis Laree who we were unfamiliar with at the time. I hope that's answered some questions for you.

I worked two of those Northern Ireland shows (doing sound). The poster included in the first post wasn't actually for the tour you are trying to remember it was used for a tribute style show that was held in the King's Hall, Belfast a few months later. Of the names you can't remember I'm 100% sure the wrestler in the combat trousers was everyone's favourite youngster Flatliner. James Mason and World of Sport name Tony St.Clair (as referee) also worked the tour. The tour was ran by a man called John Noble who was more of a concert promoter, if memory serves me right he made big money from the pop band 911. He had no real knowledge of the wrestling part so was put in contact with Kevin Sullvan and spent some time in Florida with him. He did run a second tour in somewhat connection with Irish Whip that featured Sheamus and he used ROH's Xavier and the then teacher Matt Striker as imports. The second tour had a few problems, namely a bomb warning phoned in to one of the venues, we worked out pretty easily who had done it (the only clue I can give was it was somebody who had been running tribute shows in the area and thought it was their territory). The first tour is where Doug Williams was seen by Daniels and Modest and that's what helped in getting him invited to the King of the Indies tournament and make a name for himself in America. The only other things I remember about those shows were Jake Damian was using my late friend's WCW United States title and he was also trying to impress us by saying he had recently broke up with Alexis Laree who we were unfamiliar with at the time. I hope that's answered some questions for you.

Holmesy thank you so much! That's definitely the night i was there as i do recall Tony St Clair reffing and ring announcer doing a speech about the infamous day wrestling was ripped from tv by ITV before the show started. Flatliner sounds correct aswell. And that explains the strange use of the poster then - its likely confusion on my part as the poster was up in the shop we purchased tickets from so was likely for another event - likely a tribute one - either way i got the better end of the deal - daniels, modest and doug williams every day of the week for me! 

Didn't know that's where Williams had got his break - i had heard of him online and in powerslam when he was in NWA UK Hammerlock but this was my first time seeing him live and remember thinking he was ace. I can't believe there's a connection there to you and your buddy with the US title lol It always stuck in my mind. Not sure if he was bs'ing or not, guess we'll never know but a quick google search tells me she managed him in KYDA Pro Wrestling back in 2000, there's even footage of a match against Corino - 

- looks like he did the XWF tapings in 2001 and some UPW events but not much of note after that. 

Thanks again man - top post!

Archived