EA UFC 2

Bus Surfer

• Paid Members

I'm sure a few of you guys have picked it up. Could do with a thread for tip sharing and general talk.

I'm really loving this year's game. The introduction of Ultimate Team has kept me pretty busy over the last few weeks. As a hardcore Fifa Ultimate Team player, this has been a breath of fresh air to me, as it's very easy to build a great team without spending any real cash.

Anyone else playing?

I've had it since release day and absolutely loved it for the first couple of weeks. I still pick up and play occasionally but the main part of any sports game for me is the Career Mode and I just feel the UFC one makes you retire too quickly with no personal choice.

In real life, so many MMA fighters have kept going for decades. Surely something like stats decreases to indicate physical decline could be introduced, allowing you to fight on and try and defy age if you so choose. It would also give you the dilemma of retiring on top with the title or seeing how long you can keep going but possibly tarnishing your legacy. I just think the computer-decided damage system telling you to hang 'em up takes some of the replay value away. I don't want to have to start a new career mode every week.

From a fight point of view its the best MMA title I've ever played, and I think until the next one I'll always play it every so often. Plus as a boxing fan having Iron Mike playable is a big plus, though I know it riled some of the purists.

• Paid Members

The game as a whole offers loads more than the bare bones original did, but yeah, the career is still severely lacking any kind of depth or longevity. I gave it one run through and it was a real bore. Seemed to spend most of the time clicking through menus and fighting AI generated UFC opponents in 2020. I probably won't look at it again.

I do really like the gameplay though, especially the patches that have followed which have takien some of the spam bullshit out of online play. As said, UT is what's keeping me playing. It's essentially a version of career in someways I suppose (You can play it offline too) but has the benefit of infinite play and I'm just a sucker for the pack opening reward kind of stuff.

Not touched the KO mode yet, but having some fun with the live events for which you get UT rewards.

Best MMA game to date for me.

• Paid Members

I'm going to get it soon, I think. I didn't play the first one that much but I'm liking the sound of this one. Think you've given my arm the little twist it needed, Silky. I'll probably end up picking it up now tomorrow when I get paid. Then I'll get moaned at for wasting money and then sitting there being anti-social and swearing at the telly when Jared Rosholt keeps taking me down and submitting me.

Archived