Wrestler of the Year 2015

HarmonicGenerator

Wrestler of the Year 2015  

121 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Awards Moderator

LAST YEAR'S WINNER: SETH ROLLINS

Who was the best wrestler of 2015 for you? Please feel free to give reasons why / why not below.

Let's have a look at the contenders:

AJ STYLES

aj-styles.jpg

Became a two-time IWGP champion in 2015, holding the title for five months.

BROCK LESNAR

7142bcc12f718851b7b5d131cb4f092b.jpg

Held the WWE title until WrestleMania, moved to Suplex City, had two house shows broadcast on the Network basically because he was on them.

JOHN CENA

john-cena-us-champion-e1429038424388.jpg

Held the US title for much of the year, defending it against all comers.

KEVIN OWENS

720x405-RAW_1147_Photo_193-4043782966.jp

Won the NXT title, moved to main roster and beat John Cena, and won the Intercontinental title.

ROMAN REIGNS

Reigns.jpg

Won the Royal Rumble, main evented WrestleMania, ended the year as WWE Champion.

SASHA BANKS

042215_sasha-banks_600.jpg

The only female on this shortlist. Won the NXT Women's title, competed in WWE's first 'Iron Woman' match. Was the Boss.

SETH ROLLINS

AP3Q9EiY.jpg

Cashed in Money in the Bank to become WWE Champion, holding the title for much of the year alongside the US title, only losing it through injury.

SHINSUKE NAKAMURA

1ViBqu7%20(1).jpg

Became a five-time IWGP Intercontinental Champion, and reached the finals of the G1 Climax.

• Awards Moderator

Loads of good choices here. There's nothing quite like a Brock Lesnar match. Rollins had a great year on paper. Reigns had some fantastic matches despite his character being the total opposite of what everyone wants it to be. Owens was a revelation from my perspective of never liking him as Kevin Steen. Sasha was the Boss, and I looked forward to seeing her every time she was on on TV. She almost got my vote.

But since she moved up to main roster, I've lost a little of my Sasha love (only a little bit, though - I watched the TLC pre-show for her, dammit!), so I've got to give this to Cena. Guy's been on a roll all year. He's the best.