Pro EVW - Turmoil in Trowbridge

• Paid Members

Pro EVW returns to the Trowbridge Civic Hall with a night of guaranteed action! Stars debut! Huge matches take place! Titles on the line! Women's match!

Tag Team Championship contest!!

Challengers - The Firm (Martin Stone & Sha Samuels)

vs

Champions - The Alpha Males (Charlie Garrett & Iestyn Rees)

The Firm debuts and granted immediate title shot!!

A reputation and a track record are worth a lot in Pro EVW. Returning to the UK after a stint working for the biggest wrestling organisations in the world - Martin Stone (fka Danny Burch) has rekindled old friendships and is looking to debut in Pro EVW with a bang at Turmoil. Long-time friend, Sha Samuels will be at the his side as the team reunite to face the dominant tag team of the Alpha Males! The Firm has run roughshod over every wrestling company they have competed in and a title win over the team of Iestyn Rees and Charlie Garrett would not only set them as the tag team champions of Pro EVW but would set them as the hottest team in the whole of the UK.

Redman vs Williams!!

TNA vs WWE!!

Another man who has exploded back onto the UK scene following his time in WWE NXT is Joel Redman (fka Oliver Grey). Redman was heralded as one of the best pure wrestlers in the world before his tour on the other side of the Atlantic. His opponent, Redman's one time idol, is looking to prove that he is still the most deserving of that title. There are many things at stake in this contest, more than just professional pride. More than competitors who have represented the two biggest wrestling companies in the world going head to head. The winner of this contest will no doubt be in line for a shot at

the Pro EVW Heavyweight Champion - Justin "The Hammer" Sysum!!

More matches to be announced!!

Date - Saturday June 14th, 2014

Venue - Trowbridge Civic Hall, St Stephens Place, Trowbridge, BA148AH

Tickets in advance -

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Pro EVW returns to the Trowbridge Civic Hall with a night of guaranteed action! Stars debut! Huge matches take place! Titles on the line! Women's match!

Violent Offender Unleashed!!

Sam Bronson (w/Gilligan Gordon)

vs

PJ Jones

Young up and comer PJ Jones has had mixed success in Pro EVW. He is looking to take his career to the next level and a win here would do just that. Unfortunately his opponent has a similarly chequered record but for entirely different reasons. An alleged "reformed character" Sam Bronson's return to Pro EVW has been marked by a trail of bodies and carnage. Being guided through his reformation by close friend Gilligan Gordon, Bronson will be looking to make a further example of his new outlook on June 14th.

Chardonnay

vs

Nixon

Women's contest!!

Fresh off of an an appearance on international TV - "The Rosebud" Chardonnay will be looking to bring her brand of party to Pro EVW. Her opponent, local sweetheart Nixon, will be trying to keep her head clear and score another victory against Chardonnay. This match series has been back and forth in Pro EVW so it will be interesting to see how comes out on top in this latest battle of two of the hottest female prospects in the UK!!

More to be announced!!

Date - Saturday June 14th, 2014

Venue - Trowbridge Civic Hall, St Stephens Place, Trowbridge, BA148AH

Tickets in advance -

• Paid Members

Results from yesterday -

The Magnums def The System

"The Rosebud" Chardonnay def Nixon

The Alpha Males def The Firm in an absolutely belting match to retain the Pro EVW tag team titles

Sam Bronson def PJ Jones

Joel Redman def T-Bone

Aside from the MOTY contender with The Firm vs Alpha Males the biggest news was that Doug Williams no showed the event. In spite of multiple attempts to contact him, still no word has been received from him.

We at Pro EVW trust that there is an explanation for this and that Mr Williams is ok. When more information is available, we will let it be known.

Thanks to everyone that turned up and special thanks to T-Bone for stepping up to the plate, despite the losing effort.

the biggest news was that Doug Williams no showed the event. In spite of multiple attempts to contact him, still no word has been received from him. We at Pro EVW trust that there is an explanation for this and that Mr Williams is ok. When more information is available, we will let it be known.

Doug Williams was tweeting during the England match last night and bantering with MVP & Bobby Roode. So at least we know nothing terrible has happened to him.

A really good show and a very good crowd considering the night clashed with England's first World Cup match. I know the football did not start until 11pm but I'm sure many fans spent the evening "build up" socializing at pubs, barbecues, home, etc.

I'm with Gordon, my MOTN was certainly the wild tag title match between The Alpha Males and The Firm; really impressive work from all four men, and action all the way through. Sha and Martin are an awesomely intimidating combination, you could really sense the heat they were generating from the fans.

The other "Main Event" was exciting stuff with T-Bone giving Joel Redman a really hard match, and dominating events for most of the time. I personally miss the all action wrestling of the Joel Redman we saw before he went to America. He is currently nursing a leg injury and wrestles wearing a substantial leg brace. I have seen him 3 times recently and in each match his opponent has focused their attention almost entirely on that obvious weakness. Consequently Joel spends much of the contest limping around and defending himself from a violent onslaught. A good "storyline" I know, but in doesn't do Joel any favours. He does not come away looking that impressive. A superstar needs to impress an audience, and Joel's recent matches have not done that for me. I'm sure (and I hope that) it's just a question of time, because Joel was always one of my guaranteed MOTN contenders.

Questions will certainly be asked regarding Doug Williams' mysterious absence, and I know for a fact that when the show was actually starting the promoter still had no idea where Doug was, and whether he would be appearing. Luckily a top class substitute was "shipped in a great expense" by Gilligan Gordon. We got T-Bone instead, who was predictably impressive.

The event ended with dominant T-Bone in the centre of the ring glowering and complaining about a "lucky fall", as the relieved and limping Joel Redman took the applause of the crowd on his way back to the dressing room. A win for Joel, but how I long to see him recover fully from that injury and show us more of his wrestling skills.

• Paid Members
Doug was in norwich for WAW and was booked there for several weeks, dodgy booking from the evw promotoer

You're statement is half true, it turns out Doug was at WAW. However it's been brought to our attention that Doug tweeted one of the fans in attendance admitting he'd made the error. So the latter part of your comment isn't accurate. Sorry Flash.

Archived