The NBA Discussion Thread

Art Vandelay

Well, Heat winning in 5 is not going to happen.

MoistVaj, I wasn't intentionally doing Spurs a disservice, it's just the Heat are the Heat. LeBron is the man when he's on fire. Same with Bosh who is massively under-rated by most Heat fans just because he's on the same team as LeBron.

But yeah, last night's game. Makes game 4 more interesting now, because it's not just a case of Miami winning at home now, it's a case of they absolutely MUST win at home

I'd love to see the Spurs win a game 7 at home. I've got nothing against the Heat and I love to watch LeBron play, but after last year, I can't help but root for the Spurs.

Did you see that Stephen A. Smith has predicted that LeBron and Melo will end up on the same team next year? lol

I've just been reading that Miami are exploring options to have Bosh, Wade, Anthony and James together next year, however the Knicks are trying to convince Melo to stay by telling him they are gonna try and get LeBron in Free Agency in 2015

I predicted Miami in 6, but I'm edging more towards Miami in 5 now. Will be interesting to see how the next 2 games go in Miami. Got a feeling Miami are gonna win comfortably at home.

That went well.

:(

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

They're going all out, gotta hope that Jackson and the higher contract will win out and he'll stay, but he still needs the supporting cast. 1 more season until STAT disappears then the Knicks can actually make some moves, I liked the Chandler and Felton trade.

In other news, the Kidd move to the Bucks after just one season with the Nets is a shocker.

Miami Heat's roster right now is very thin...the Big 3 will all return though with a better supporting cast. Been reading that Wade and Bosh have opted out to take a lower wage, but LeBron is gonna push through a Maximum deal. LeBron was the guy I expected to take the less money for a better chance at winning championships because he makes so much money outside of basketball. We'll see though. Heat signed up Napier in the draft who LeBron liked, so they are still trying to make him happy

So much going on right now. This free agency is nuts!

Josh McRoberts will leave Charlotte and has agreed to a 4-year, $23M deal with the Miami Heat.

Danny Granger has agreed to a deal with the Miami Heat for 2 years, $4.2M.

Mavs interested in RFA Gordon Hayward

Mike Miller to visit with the Nuggets,

Melo's decision expected within 24 hours. I was sure he'd go back to the Knicks, but I don't know now.

Apparently LeBron's agent is pushing for a return to the Cavs.

The Rockets have offered Chris Bosh a 4 year 96 million max deal. He's gotta take that, surely?

I think the Lebron Miami Era is about to end, the Cavs just cleared up more than enough cap space to sign him for the max, their also in talks with Ray Allen too. While I wouldn't call it cut and dry just yet, most sources stateside are calling it a 90% chance of happening now. I'm guessing all the Heat fans will be Cav fans next year.

• Paid Members

The Cavs aren't a title winning team this year though, even with Lebron joining Irving & Wiggins. Guess that home town pull is strong. The Heat are fucked if he does go though, as Bosh will almost definitely take the Max contract at Houston in reaction. FREE AGENCY DRAMA.

The Cavs aren't a title winning team this year though, even with Lebron joining Irving & Wiggins. Guess that home town pull is strong. The Heat are fucked if he does go though, as Bosh will almost definitely take the Max contract at Houston in reaction. FREE AGENCY DRAMA.

You're right, they're not right now, that being said, apparently Timberwolves will trade them Kevin Love for Wiggins..... That would make them the best team in the NBA. Apparently Carmelo is stalling on his decision to wait to see what Lebron does. Gotta be honest, there's no chance Bosh leaves Miami before Lebron makes his decision, Melo will almost definitely sign with the Knicks. Never thought it would be this way round, Lebron leaving and Melo staying.

The Cavs cleared said cap space by sending Jarrett Jack to Brooklyn and Zeller to Celtics along with Marcus Thornton. The landscape is changing drastically daily right now, very exciting time to be an NBA fan.

• Paid Members

You're right, they're not right now, that being said, apparently Timberwolves will trade them Kevin Love for Wiggins..... That would make them the best team in the NBA. Apparently Carmelo is stalling on his decision to wait to see what Lebron does. Gotta be honest, there's no chance Bosh leaves Miami before Lebron makes his decision, Melo will almost definitely sign with the Knicks. Never thought it would be this way round, Lebron leaving and Melo staying.

The Cavs cleared said cap space by sending Jarrett Jack to Brooklyn and Zeller to Celtics along with Marcus Thornton. The landscape is changing drastically daily right now, very exciting time to be an NBA fan.

Hadn't heard the 'Love for Wiggins' rumour, very interesting. They'd need to create even more cap space though right? Yeah Carmelo look very likely to stay in New York thankfully, and theres even rumours of the Sixers taking STAT and Shumpert which would be pretty incredible and allow for some more moves.

I am loving this Free Agency, combine it with the deep draft and this is the best NBA off season in a long time.

Yeah they would still need to clear more cap space, I think I read either Waiters or Thompson too, bit risky because then you're going to be asking Ray Allen to play big minutes which I'm not sure he's capable of anymore, but I'm sure he could give a solid 15-20 minutes a night. Interestingly James Jones and Mike Miller are now in talks with the Cavs, two of Lebron's favourite guys according to Grantland. Cleveland could end up with 1/4 of the 2012 Heat squad plus some top young players. Madness.