NGW Gives it some [W]elly - 18+, Adults Only Show

Dunny

181175_10151135600250815_446826845_n.jpg

On Friday 7th September NGW will invade the famous Welly club with a brand new concept. In the preshow to the incredibly popular WolfPack night, NGW will be providing action only suitable for adults in the always atmospheric environment of the ballroom in Welly club. The new 18+ concept will take wrestling in Hull to a whole new level!

7th September will mark the return to NGW of 'The Rockstar' Spud. He was deemed too offensive and dangerous for NGW's regular shows and suspended for all foreseeable events. But the 18+ environment has given The Rockstar a reprieve. He's a very little man, with an angry temperament and a large offensive vocabulary!

Tickets are just

you should be paying me to go into Welly, that place is a fucking dive

Saw Jericho perform there with Fozzy about 7 years ago - a weird experience to say the least.

See, I like places that are a bit grim - it gives them a bit of 'character' in my opinion. I reckon NGW should run FRUIT in Hull - it's the same people who own/run Welly as far as I know (unless things have changed) and FRUIT is...well, it's....it's got 'character' to it, let's put it that way.

Plus, the street it's on, Humber Street, is bloody lovely.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?um=1&hl...C4DQ&zoom=1 Yes, that IS the street.

Just found this picture on Google images when looking for 'Welly Club. Hull'. It's a great place.

Maybe NSFW

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?um=1&hl...,r:1,s:25,i:170

• 3 weeks later...

We're looking at about 4 matches at this point. Wolfpack starts at 11, so we are aiming to be done for then.

Unfortunately Rockstar Spud has pulled out of the show stating differences with management and 'a blue m&m' problem. That's ok though as we've already signed his replacement....Mark Haskins!

I was at that Fozzy show too. Met the band outside afterwards and Jericho tried to make out he really liked the venue and the city, to which we just said "you don't need to flatter us, we live here, we know its a shit-tip". Rich Ward was definitely on our side, he hated Welly.Is the NGW Best of 2011 DVD still available Dunny?

It's not unfortunatly. We decided the production quality wasn't up to our usual standard so we withdrew it. If youre looking for a taster I recommend Revelations if you want 2011 or Destiny (30 man rumble) for something more recent.

Quick results:

Mark Haskins pinned Colossus Kennedy

Kay Lee Ray defeated Danni Brookes

Matt Myers pinned Nathan Cruz

Los Amigos beat Caz Crash and Scott Adams

Rampage Brown pinned Dave Mastiff. Mastiff German suplexed Brown through a table after the match to a huge pop.

Estimate attendance: 90-100.

Sounds like a good small show, but I don't get why it was promoted as an 18+ :confused:

We wanted to distinctly separate this show from our other 'family friendly' shows. Making it 18+ meant it was clearly marked as being very different and meant the workers & fans could really take the reigns off in that environment. And when I say fans I mean with heckling and chanting, I think #rapehisface may be trending by the end of the day.

Archived