Free Match: Gallagher Vs Richards

I don't think adding extra people on the show just for the sake of adding extra people on the show would boost ticket sales. Futureshock Supershow has been building for a year, the loyal fans get to see the culmination of several key storylines in a much bigger venue while the casuals will be intrigued by the level of promotion and the promise of a cage match.

Quality over quantity

Brand over names

Now, I agree here. At a late stage, I doubt the point of bringing in expensive outside talent. The timing means that the ammount of extra buys it makes is probably not enough to offset the cost of the talent. Sometimes I do wonder that promotions try to cater for fans of outside talent a bit too much when it probably wouldn't bring in enough extra revenue to make up for the cost of the talent. Davey Richards makes sense because the regular fans saw the first encounter and want to see it again. Outside fans heard about it and want to see the second encounter. That makes sense and means that Davey is value for money. I imagine that, if Devitt & Garganno were available on those days, their fees would not likely add enough buys at this stage, especially as many of the fans that want to see Devitt & Garganno will already want to see Richards vs. Gallagher.

The only thing is probably the show name, but a name is a name.

I agree that probably adding extra big names at this point may not make that much of a difference, but with triple X just announcing Zack for their show the same day (and who knows maybe with Gargano and Devitt around they could be potentially on there not to mention the numerous other top British guys around) anyone who hasn't got already got ticket for Futureshock could be starting to think about that show now, so it could be a difference maker as I know a few people who were coming to this, but are now waiting to see what Triple X are going to put on before committing either way.

But going back to the original point, I'm not saying the show wont be good or that some of the matches announced aren't great, more that considering we saw Davey (and Drew Gulack) on a regular Futureshock show, in the regular venue with regular priced tickets about a year ago, when the show was first announced as super show, at a larger venue with more expensive tickets I thought we might get more guest from outside the Futureshock regular roster announced.

Archived