Uk Supershow...

True.Love.

Just re- watching last years Dragon Gate UK Shows & thinking how good they were to see in the UK. Over the past few years we have had many Promotions do big shows in the UK Which have gone down well.

Who would you want to see in UK & Any dream UK Matches?

Personally id like to see Ricochet over here.

Over the past few years we have had many Promotions do big shows in the UK Which have gone down well.

You have? The last thing called a super show that I remember were the Indypendence Day shows in 2008, which drew 200 people. That's an attendance figure a lot of UK promotions have regularly with little to no imports. You might call 1PW Shows supershows, but I think everybody knows how they worked out.

I'm not counting the NOAH and Dragon Gate Shows as super shows because they were, well, NOAH and Dragon Gate Shows with some UK talent on it. If you do count them, fair enough, and I'm sure they will be over again.

The last thing I would somwhat consider was FCP teaming up with BJW, CZW and wXw, but I don't think they were promoted as supershows. Also, I think they did well for FCP shows, but nothing out of the ordinary in the light of the whole UK scene.

I think the time of supershows is really over. Have there ever been any good supershows apart from what FWA used to do with ROH, like, ten years ago? Even the PWG shows didn't go so well if memory serves me correctly. Also, I don't think there's any need to bring in a lot of Indy wrestlers. A lot of UK promotions are doing pretty good right now and there's quite a handful of american wrestlers over here regularly now. There are a lot of really good wrestlers in the UK right now and there are even shows doing amazingly well without a single import. PBW up in Scotland drew 1000 people last march without a single foreign wrestler.

You also have to take into account that the US Indy scene, where wrestlers on supershows in the UK typically 'have to be from' has been pretty much dried out by WWE in the last couple of years. Personally, I think the way to go is what a lot of promotions are doing right now. Have really good cards with mostly UK guys and throw in the occasional Cabana, Generico or Gresham.

Its such a gamble at the moment, I wish IPW the best of luck with this. I hope the fans support the show and help restore faith in UK wrestling delivering international names. I am trying myself in December with John Morrison but its a big risk if you dont have the fan base to support the show. I know IPW have this and I hope I do to as im getting crowds of upto 500 at PCW.

Archived