IWF Pennywell Show

IWF

IWF Pennywell Show

One week on from the Tag Team Classic, the IWF is back again with all Championships on the line and all the fallout from the IWF Awards in what promises to an emotionally charged show.

Friday 9th December 2011

Pennywell Comrades Club & Institute (Hylton Bank, Pennywell, Suderland. SR4 0JL)

Doors Open 6:30pm

Show Starts 7:00pm

Single Tickets

Very quick results for anyone interested:

* Hot Ed won a Battle Royal to face Big Kris in the No-DQ main event for the vacant IWF UK Championship

* Marcus Starr & Fracture def. Cabbie Klowaski & Vulture

* El Valiente def. Hot Ed via disqualifaction (as per the stipulation Hot Ed was forced to unmask)

* Kitty Morgan def. Brett Eagle to become the NEW IWF North East Champion

* Billy Morrison def. Brett Eagle in an impromptu match after Brett refused to leave the ring until he was given a rematch for his title loss

* Adam Christ & Robbie Ryder def. Max Heat & RD Wood to sucessfully defend their IWF Tag Team Championships

* Stevie Lafferty def. Mark Anthony

* Hot Ed def. Big Kris to become the NEW IWF UK Champion (thanks largely to the referee taking Big Kris out with a brutal Spear)

I'll leave Stardy to do a proper write-up (if he wants to) as I'm only here on a fleeting visit.

Sure, why not. I'm not in the best of moods right now because of what I came home to afterwards, but I'll do a write up because the show was fantastic. Plus somebody at the show asked me to. That felt rather nice. Felt weird being recognized though.

~ The show opened with the battle royal, and all in all, it was everybody on the roster except Big Kris and Max Heat's surprise partner later on, so I'd say around fourteen guys all in all. Eliminations and whatnot happened pretty fast so I don't have an except elimination order, but I do remember the final three being Hot Ed, Robbie Ryder and Adam Christ. I can't remember how Adam got eliminated, I just remember him sticking around at ringside to support Robbie. Ed ended up winning, battle royal was fun for what it was but I can't really remember much about it, nothing really huge. It did set up the main event later on though, Hot Ed vs Big Kris.

~ Marcus Starr teamed up with Fracture to take on the team of Cabbie Klowaski and Vulture in the second match of the evening, lots of cool things were pulled off in this, something that stuck out was a hurricarana nailed after jumping onto somebodies shoulders (can't remember if Cabbie or Vulture got nailed by it, but either way it looked really good. A good percentage of the match was Fracture getting murdered by insane moves. The finish came when Starr nailed Cabbie with his... spinning neckbreaker move thingy. He calls it the "For The Win", I believe.

~ El Valiente defeated Hot Ed in what looked like it was going to be a really great match and just as it started to kick off, Ed low blowed Valiente in plain sight. He cut a promo afterwards, stating he's wanted to get rid of the mask for the longest time. He said more, but I can't remember much about what he said. I believe it all just related to him in the main event later though.

~ Kitty Morgan defeated Brett Eagle to win the North East Championship. Match was essentially Newcastle vs Sunderland, Brett representing Newcastle and Kitty Sunderland. A good match all in all, bit of drama around the ending, as the referee got knocked down (after Brett pushed him in the way of Kitty), and nailed her with the Bretts Prettier, but didn't get the three because there was nobody to count it. When the ref finally came around, Kitty nailed Brett with a cutter and took the victory and won the belt she technically never lost back. Hopefully they'll have a rematch at some point down the line.

~ After intermission, Brett came out and said he was screwed, and unless he gets a rematch right now, he's going to put the show on hold and simply sit in the ring. Billy Morrison came out, it was never really explained why other than Billy wanted a match and with Brett in the ring, he was the perfect man for the job. Probably could have went a lot longer than it did, but it was still fun to watch. Billy won with a Boston Crab. I love that move.

~ Next up was the tag team title match. Heat essentially trolled everybody by using "Dirty Mackams" as his theme, and then proceeded to be, well, Max Heat. RD Wood also hasn't lost a step. Match was just what you would expect from the guys in the ring at this point, just a really good sprint from start to finish. There were also not one, but two tornado DDT's that led to people getting spiked on their head, what I thought broke necks both times. I really hope this continues with Heat just bringing back random alumni to face the tag champs for the belts. So much potential fun to be had.

~ Stevie Lafferty managed to get a win over Mark Anthony in what everybody could probably consider a massive upset. Stevie cut a promo before the match started and said he win or lose, he's going to take the fight to Mark. Mark found it amusing till Stevie went in and SMACKED HIM IN THE FUCKING FACE. Really stiff slap. Match was essentially a perfect example of a big man vs little man match. Mark dominated for a good amount of the match and Stevie's offense looked solid. I can't remember the exact finish, but I believe it was a powerbomb countered into a roll up.

~ Hot Ed vs Big Kris was just insane. Falls Count Anywhere No Disqualification, they essentially just murdered each other with everything from chairs, buckets and doors. It was one really awesome hardcore match and the wrestling they did was good as well, outside of one slip-up. The finish was really weird, but in that cool kind of way. Essentially, Kris was setting up for the Tick Tick Boom, had Ed in the corner, and as he charged in, the referee speared the ever loving fuck out of him. It was insane. I'm not sure if Ed was dragged on top, or if he pinned straight after, but either way Ed got a fast count win straight after to become the IWF UK Champion. Kris had his revenge on the referee after the match, but ended up getting nailed in the head by the title from Ed. Congrats to Ed, glad to see he's champ as he was one of my favourites when I got into the company and it's nice to see him on top. Props to Kris as well, he put on an awesome match and has had an run of form in general lately, hopefully he'll pick up the title at some point. And to the referee for making me mark out. That spear was awesome. :thumbsup:

~ Attendance was far better than last time. I didn't bother to count how many exactly, but it was at least double of the last Longbenton show, so I'd guess around sixty, seventy people?

Sure, why not. I'm not in the best of moods right now because of what I came home to afterwards, but I'll do a write up because the show was fantastic. Plus somebody at the show asked me to. That felt rather nice. Felt weird being recognized though.

~ The show opened with the battle royal, and all in all, it was everybody on the roster except Big Kris and Max Heat's surprise partner later on, so I'd say around fourteen guys all in all. Eliminations and whatnot happened pretty fast so I don't have an except elimination order, but I do remember the final three being Hot Ed, Robbie Ryder and Adam Christ. I can't remember how Adam got eliminated, I just remember him sticking around at ringside to support Robbie. Ed ended up winning, battle royal was fun for what it was but I can't really remember much about it, nothing really huge. It did set up the main event later on though, Hot Ed vs Big Kris.

~ Marcus Starr teamed up with Fracture to take on the team of Cabbie Klowaski and Vulture in the second match of the evening, lots of cool things were pulled off in this, something that stuck out was a hurricarana nailed after jumping onto somebodies shoulders (can't remember if Cabbie or Vulture got nailed by it, but either way it looked really good. A good percentage of the match was Fracture getting murdered by insane moves. The finish came when Starr nailed Cabbie with his... spinning neckbreaker move thingy. He calls it the "For The Win", I believe.

~ El Valiente defeated Hot Ed in what looked like it was going to be a really great match and just as it started to kick off, Ed low blowed Valiente in plain sight. He cut a promo afterwards, stating he's wanted to get rid of the mask for the longest time. He said more, but I can't remember much about what he said. I believe it all just related to him in the main event later though.

~ Kitty Morgan defeated Brett Eagle to win the North East Championship. Match was essentially Newcastle vs Sunderland, Brett representing Newcastle and Kitty Sunderland. A good match all in all, bit of drama around the ending, as the referee got knocked down (after Brett pushed him in the way of Kitty), and nailed her with the Bretts Prettier, but didn't get the three because there was nobody to count it. When the ref finally came around, Kitty nailed Brett with a cutter and took the victory and won the belt she technically never lost back. Hopefully they'll have a rematch at some point down the line.

~ After intermission, Brett came out and said he was screwed, and unless he gets a rematch right now, he's going to put the show on hold and simply sit in the ring. Billy Morrison came out, it was never really explained why other than Billy wanted a match and with Brett in the ring, he was the perfect man for the job. Probably could have went a lot longer than it did, but it was still fun to watch. Billy won with a Boston Crab. I love that move.

~ Next up was the tag team title match. Heat essentially trolled everybody by using "Dirty Mackams" as his theme, and then proceeded to be, well, Max Heat. RD Wood also hasn't lost a step. Match was just what you would expect from the guys in the ring at this point, just a really good sprint from start to finish. There were also not one, but two tornado DDT's that led to people getting spiked on their head, what I thought broke necks both times. I really hope this continues with Heat just bringing back random alumni to face the tag champs for the belts. So much potential fun to be had.

~ Stevie Lafferty managed to get a win over Mark Anthony in what everybody could probably consider a massive upset. Stevie cut a promo before the match started and said he win or lose, he's going to take the fight to Mark. Mark found it amusing till Stevie went in and SMACKED HIM IN THE FUCKING FACE. Really stiff slap. Match was essentially a perfect example of a big man vs little man match. Mark dominated for a good amount of the match and Stevie's offense looked solid. I can't remember the exact finish, but I believe it was a powerbomb countered into a roll up.

~ Hot Ed vs Big Kris was just insane. Falls Count Anywhere No Disqualification, they essentially just murdered each other with everything from chairs, buckets and doors. It was one really awesome hardcore match and the wrestling they did was good as well, outside of one slip-up. The finish was really weird, but in that cool kind of way. Essentially, Kris was setting up for the Tick Tick Boom, had Ed in the corner, and as he charged in, the referee speared the ever loving fuck out of him. It was insane. I'm not sure if Ed was dragged on top, or if he pinned straight after, but either way Ed got a fast count win straight after to become the IWF UK Champion. Kris had his revenge on the referee after the match, but ended up getting nailed in the head by the title from Ed. Congrats to Ed, glad to see he's champ as he was one of my favourites when I got into the company and it's nice to see him on top. Props to Kris as well, he put on an awesome match and has had an run of form in general lately, hopefully he'll pick up the title at some point. And to the referee for making me mark out. That spear was awesome. :thumbsup:

~ Attendance was far better than last time. I didn't bother to count how many exactly, but it was at least double of the last Longbenton show, so I'd guess around sixty, seventy people?

Sounds a good show, hopefully the attendance numbers will increase in the new year, its usually this time of year when punters can't be bothered to leave the house and rather sit in and have a takeaway, so I expect a new start from IWF in 2012 and hopefully they can get back on they're feet, I heard Brett stood head and shoulders above the rest on the show so good to see the youngest member of the roster being a stand out talent, I think there is one more show to end the year, hope it goes well, will try catch an IWF show in the new year, good luck and have a great 2012 lads!

Archived